COLD DARK ROOM

CarolM

Location (City and/or State)
South Africa - Cape Town
The family made a long day trip to Daytona Beach today. National Breeders Reptile Expo this weekend.It was fun.

So much for NOT coming home with any livestock... :oops:

0.0.2 spotted turtles (possibly 1.1.0 with the breeder's educated/experienced guess).

0.1.0 bearded dragon, probable female, mostly red(s) at the moment (should develop blue barring later).

I/we have no willpower! :rolleyes::D

Pictures tomorrow! :)
Oh Wow. Congrats. Can't wait to see the pics.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Happy Sunday all. Hazy, hot (mid-90’s) and humid today, and forecast the same all week. Just toooo darn hot and sticky for outdoor activities.

I think even Sully is tired of this heat/humidity

View attachment 278738

Ps - Interested in Eagles? Watch this YouTube video of an eagle swimming to shore with a giant fish.

What amazes me is that the Eagle is not worried about the people who are filming him.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Thanks but I am afraid the pains are for life. Trying a different med( Lyrica).
My wife told me late afternoon Opo came in and couldn't decide if he wanted to go to his humid hide or the hide with the Kane mat. She said he sat there and kept looking from one to the other. He finally picked the Kane mat and went to bed.:)
I have used Lyrica. It is for nerve pain. I hope it works for you.

Ben02

Brighton, Southcoast, UK
That is crazy. Opo flips some dirt on his shell and calls it good.
He’s a big lad, it makes it more difficult to burrow. My yearlings are expert diggers, every night they spend 30 minutes digging and moving the soil. First night I had them back in August last year I thought they had escaped, but they were just buried under the soil:D

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Thanks but I am afraid the pains are for life. Trying a different med( Lyrica).
My wife told me late afternoon Opo came in and couldn't decide if he wanted to go to his humid hide or the hide with the Kane mat. She said he sat there and kept looking from one to the other. He finally picked the Kane mat and went to bed.:)
:D decisions decisions!
Hope the new meds kick in soon to ease your pain Ray

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good afternoon/morning.
Alfie the dog has gone home, so it's just me and Lola again now - far easier on the legs!!
I had a lovely lunch with the family yesterday and then we all went back to a sister's house, so it was quite late when I got home.
It's good to catch up with them now and again.
Hope everyone has a lovely - or at least bearable - Monday.

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
No, but if one waits long enough one of our more educated members will summarize for us!!! (hint, hint)
Yes, I've been waiting for a summary. But over time I can gradually catch up by reading comments. Not as good as a summary, but I think our summarizer was gone for a while?

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Hello everyone. We went to a different reserve in the Camargue today; the marais de Vigueirat. We arrived as it opened and a guided tour of part of the reserve not generally open was about to depart. We went on it. Just us, a French lady and a guide who spoke little English.

We did fine. My French is passable and the internet translated bird names from French to English and vice versa... The guide was really good and we saw and identified many things that we couldn’t have done without him.

One of several native European Pond Turtles
DSC00776.jpg

Cattle Egret looking for grasshoppers
DSC00795.jpg

“Scarce Swallowtail” butterfly... they’re actually pretty common in this area
DSC00778.jpg

Bee-eater - they were catching dragonflies
DSC00786.jpg

Spoonbill - French name “Spatule” which makes me smile.
DSC00759.jpg

DSC00748.jpg
DSC00773.jpg

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Hello everyone. We went to a different reserve in the Camargue today; the marais de Vigueirat. We arrived as it opened and a guided tour of part of the reserve not generally open was about to depart. We went on it. Just us, a French lady and a guide who spoke little English.

We did fine. My French is passable and the internet translated bird names from French to English and vice versa... The guide was really good and we saw and identified many things that we couldn’t have done without him.

One of several native European Pond Turtles
View attachment 278812

Cattle Egret looking for grasshoppers
View attachment 278813

“Scarce Swallowtail” butterfly... they’re actually pretty common in this area
View attachment 278814

Bee-eater - they were catching dragonflies
View attachment 278817

Spoonbill - French name “Spatule” which makes me smile.
View attachment 278818

View attachment 278815
View attachment 278816

Looks like it was a great visit with lots to see. Nice pix