COLD DARK ROOM

EllieMay

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
East Texas
Whoo Hoo!!! I'm sending electricity back through to grid to the power company once again!. Hopefully it will stay that way from now on. The guy told me that 10 years ago when my system was installed 'they' weren't using the heavy gauge wires for connectors that they use now-a-days. He found several panels that needed to be re-wired. So I said, "...this means that I'll keep having this problem until all the wiring has been updated?" He hopes not, but maybe so.

So I've made smaller night areas inside each tortoise shed, replaced the pig blankets with radiant heat panels and this winter I shouldn't use as much electricity as I used last winter. And my solar system is producing once again. Hopefully things are all good for a while now!

The inverter was guaranteed for 10 years and the panels usually last about 20 years, so my old inverter went out 4 months after the 10 year mark. The new inverter should last as long as my existing panels. Good grief, I'll be 91 in 10 years. You buy something like that and expect it will last forever. It never occurred to me I would be having to spend more money on it.

Hopefully you won’t! But at least your IP and running for now. . AND you got all the heat changed... whewwwwww... you make me tired just reading:) Hope you get some good time in the recliner with your kindle!

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Good mornooning all. The worst part of the week is over. I have had two days of meetings at my governor schools where we were digging in depth into the data around the public exam results for each that came out last month.

Last night we went to the local theatre to see Welsh comedian Rhod Gilbert. It was properly funny; real belly laugh stuff. Just what I needed :)

Today I start with yoga, much more relaxing, and then have another governor meeting this afternoon.

Tomorrow, I finally get back to the rescue!

Can’t beat a good comedy.. I’m glad your through the worst. It’s mostly selfish, I’ll admit because I absolutely love the updates from the rescue.. enjoy the yoga , you definitely earned it!

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
No they can’t fly. I had the same thought about the critter.. I went out just before dark to try and get them in the roost but they wouldn’t come. They were out on the water. I woke up once in the night and took a flashlight to check on them and they stayed on the edge of the water. Something definitely spooked them where they learned that water was safer because that wasn’t something they have done before. I just can’t imagine what got two with out leaving a single feather! [emoji35]

So I went to check on them and something got another last night.. the remaining 3 were in the coop. Hopefully they will let me lock them in tonight. Again, no bodies & no evidence

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
The thing is, If something is messy or untidy in the enclosure, I have to do it straight away otherwise it will bug me.

Too much time on your hands [emoji1]

The 80:20 rule applies to most things

The effort required to achieve perfection is disproportionate to the benefit!

Chubbs the tegu

Ma
I came home and made my rounds with the critters.. I’m missing two ducks [emoji22]..
No signs of fowl play, no bodies... just gone! Kids haven’t noticed yet and I’m praying they just magically show up.. somehow, I doubt it [emoji20]
Aww sorry to hear that! Hope they come back. I checked on Aiden and i swear it wasnt him

Ben02

Brighton, Southcoast, UK
Too much time on your hands [emoji1]

The 80:20 rule applies to most things

The effort required to achieve perfection is disproportionate to the benefit!
That was the case in the summer lol.

Now that I’m at college and doing stuff, it doesn’t bug me as long as it did when I had all the time in the world.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Goodmorning everyone, doing my regular routine. Waiting for his heiness to wake up.
Here are a few pics of the cruise. 20190911_072052.jpg
This was a morning sunrise while I was eating breakfast. Just entering Freeport. 20190911_070709.jpgAnother morning sunrise while having breakfast. 20190912_092904.jpgA boat in Freeport

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
So I went to check on them and something got another last night.. the remaining 3 were in the coop. Hopefully they will let me lock them in tonight. Again, no bodies & no evidence
This is awful! They were so cute going into the roost when you told them to. And after you raised them from babies. This is heartbreaking.

I had a cage full of baby ducks one year a long time ago. I guess there were may 4 or 5 of them in the cage. It was a large enough cage for them and they had food and a waterer big enough to swim in. One morning when I went out there were two missing. The cage wire was only 1/2" squares, so I know a baby couldn't have escaped. I finally figured out it was a fox, because I saw it on the fence one morning. He eventually got all the babies. I have no idea how he was able to get them out through the wire, but they're crafty little devils.

Turtle girl 98

Sandstone mn
My two were 9lb 4oz and then 9lb 14oz. Let’s just say musculoskeletal problems have featured ever since including two surgeries on a prolapsed lumbar disk :(
Oh my I am so sorry.. having bigger babies sure takes a toll on us.. my son came out at 6 lbs and her at 9 lbs. Does your back hurt still? Or has surgery helped any?

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Oh my I am so sorry.. having bigger babies sure takes a toll on us.. my son came out at 6 lbs and her at 9 lbs. Does your back hurt still? Or has surgery helped any?

The surgery sorted the disk. It’s all the other muscles that still cause problems. Staying straight, or trying to, is just part of my routine. I am not in constant pain. I just have to be vigilant so I can try to catch ongoing problems and get treatment before I am in agony.

Turtle girl 98

Sandstone mn
The surgery sorted the disk. It’s all the other muscles that still cause problems. Staying straight, or trying to, is just part of my routine. I am not in constant pain. I just have to be vigilant so I can try to catch ongoing problems and get treatment before I am in agony.
I am so sorry to hear that but it is nice to hear your not in agony. My doctor has talked about fusing my spine and lately I've been considering it more and more due to the fact someday I can't even get up out of bed. I am also starting to get a hump on my neck from my spine pushing my neck forwards.. nervous about the fusion but it might happen in the near future. I hope your back stays well and you stay well too.