COLD DARK ROOM

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
Whoo Hoo!!! I'm sending electricity back through to grid to the power company once again!. Hopefully it will stay that way from now on. The guy told me that 10 years ago when my system was installed 'they' weren't using the heavy gauge wires for connectors that they use now-a-days. He found several panels that needed to be re-wired. So I said, "...this means that I'll keep having this problem until all the wiring has been updated?" He hopes not, but maybe so.

So I've made smaller night areas inside each tortoise shed, replaced the pig blankets with radiant heat panels and this winter I shouldn't use as much electricity as I used last winter. And my solar system is producing once again. Hopefully things are all good for a while now!

The inverter was guaranteed for 10 years and the panels usually last about 20 years, so my old inverter went out 4 months after the 10 year mark. The new inverter should last as long as my existing panels. Good grief, I'll be 91 in 10 years. You buy something like that and expect it will last forever. It never occurred to me I would be having to spend more money on it.
That's great! And you'll have to live at least until 91 to get your money's worth...

Pastel Tortie

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
North Florida
I came home and made my rounds with the critters.. I’m missing two ducks [emoji22]..
No signs of fowl play, no bodies... just gone! Kids haven’t noticed yet and I’m praying they just magically show up.. somehow, I doubt it [emoji20]
Owl, maybe? Or hawks?

Pastel Tortie

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
North Florida
I can't smile on demand either. If I'm smiling then I'm smiling.
You and @Ben02 may have to cultivate the art of the Smirk... You'll always look like you know a secret, but you won't hate your smile in photos.

I tend to keep a smile... a dumb smile, a polite smile, sometimes even a smirk... on my face, but it takes people who know me quite well to know when it's authentic.

Petty people have learned to detest my smirk... It's often an "I told you so" waiting to happen... ;) Of course, I have too much sense of self preservation to utter those words in all but the rarest occasion.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
You and @Ben02 may have to cultivate the art of the Smirk... You'll always look like you know a secret, but you won't hate your smile in photos.

I tend to keep a smile... a dumb smile, a polite smile, sometimes even a smirk... on my face, but it takes people who know me quite well to know when it's authentic.

Petty people have learned to detest my smirk... It's often an "I told you so" waiting to happen... ;) Of course, I have too much sense of self preservation to utter those words in all but the rarest occasion.
I don't have a smile. When I try to smile the corners of my mouth turn down or straight out to the sides rather than up.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Bringing in the groceries and putting them away just wears me out! I have a grocery cart that was stolen from a drug store parking lot (not by me) and I make two trips with it into the house with the groceries. Then putting them away in the fridge and cupboards, then folding the stupid plastic bags! Whew! I'm plumb tuckered out!!!

I bought a half gallon of orange, strawberry, banana juice. I'm hoping it doesn't have strawberry seeds in it (I don't eat seeds). I'm getting a little tired of my usual drink - Arnold Palmer's tea/lemonade. And I just can't stomach water. I also got a half gallon (but it no longer comes in half gallon size) French Vanilla ice cream and a tub of Malt balls. Oh and I can't forget the lightly salted Lays potato chips. Now if I can just pace myself and make these snacks last until next shopping day!

Ben02

Brighton, Southcoast, UK

I guarantee you that 90% of photos of me, I am not smiling in them. There is one in the garage of me smiling at a wedding with 14 other people in it, not only do I look deranged, but the camera made my eyes glow red in the picture. Demon child!

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
I am so sorry to hear that but it is nice to hear your not in agony. My doctor has talked about fusing my spine and lately I've been considering it more and more due to the fact someday I can't even get up out of bed. I am also starting to get a hump on my neck from my spine pushing my neck forwards.. nervous about the fusion but it might happen in the near future. I hope your back stays well and you stay well too.

Fusing always sounds so bad to me :( These injuries are so common. Carol has massive problems with her back and Ed, zeropilot, with his too.

Turtle girl 98

Sandstone mn
Fusing always sounds so bad to me :( These injuries are so common. Carol has massive problems with her back and Ed, zeropilot, with his too.
Yes, it seems to be a very easy area to injure.. there are just so many people with chronic pain [emoji53] thank you for your conversation

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Yes we enjoyed it. The housekeeping staff and our dinner staff were Filipino so we got some special treatment.
Yes...they are a beautiful bunch of people...I really enjoyed reading about the islands when I was a child. Lancaster is home to several Filipino families. I was able to be around their culture. It's nice.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster

Oh me oh my...hehehe...

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster