COLD DARK ROOM

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Ok. Garage sale didnt get a whole lot of visitors. Lots going on in this time of year. Fall gardening, college football games, nice cool weather, etc.

All that said, we had about 25 visitors, we sold about $130.00 of “stuff” today.
I would love to have a yard sale and start selling off my doll collection and some of the reptile junk I've accumulated, but I worry about allowing strangers on the property to see all my tortoises. I suppose I could have the sale down at the street, outside the fence, but that's a LONG way to haul all that stuff, and then if it doesn't sell, a LONG way to haul it back.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I am still way behind here. I hope everything is going well with everyone. @Cathie G I think you're the one that posted you will only be here when you're at work. Maybe you can squeeze out some overtime being on TFO.:D
Twasnt me. I only work at home now because I'm retired...supposedly. I also have this little shortcut on my phone that takes me straight to the CDR and TFO in general from there. I have an email attached to my TFO account and an Android smart phone. So I just hold a post until it puts an icon on my home screen. That way I can sit on my bum and play for some small part of my day.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I agree, now I have to go to the doctor every month to get a 30 day script. Before I could go every 90 days. So each visit I pay a copay for the visit. The random urine testing dosen't bother me. Because I take my meds I am not selling them. My first urine test the doctors office. When they sent it in. They didn't send my insurance information. I got a bill for over 500 dollars! I called them and straighten it out. But could you imagine someone who doesn't have good insurance or non at all.
I know this is going to sound like paranoia but make them count them in front of you. I have had family members that their prescription was short of just a few. The pharmacy swears that 3 people count them. They are so regulated now that who do you think will be believed. I know my family member wouldn't lie and so someone got by with stealing just a couple. Or maybe your insurance would pay for a medpac. That puts all your medication for the month in a folder with blister packs for everyday and the time you're supposed to take them.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
EW-w-w! I know I'm going to have nightmares about maggots crawling on me. I have an ornate box turtle rescue that absolutely will not eat and she's getting sicker and weaker by the day. I've exhausted all the tricks in my bag-o-tricks. So I went online and ordered some wax worms, which arrived today. I got out my trusty tweezers and dropped a couple in front of the turtle, and SUCCESS!! She ate! But yee gads! MAGGOTS???

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Twasnt me. I only work at home now because I'm retired...supposedly. I also have this little shortcut on my phone that takes me straight to the CDR and TFO in general from there. I have an email attached to my TFO account and an Android smart phone. So I just hold a post until it puts an icon on my home screen. That way I can sit on my bum and play for some small part of my day.

Pretty sure it was Carol, not Cathie.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Ok. Garage sale didnt get a whole lot of visitors. Lots going on in this time of year. Fall gardening, college football games, nice cool weather, etc.

All that said, we had about 25 visitors, we sold about $130.00 of “stuff” today.
Still a success! Lightened the load and thickened the wallet

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
It
Annoying thing with website version of TFO... I keep being asked if I am sure I want to like a post. Of course I am sure, just flipping do it... I don’t want to have to confirm it every time :(
randomly does that to me too and I get lots of pop ups AND my keyboard does weird crap on its own when I’m trying to reply:-(

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
It

randomly does that to me too and I get lots of pop ups AND my keyboard does weird crap on its own when I’m trying to reply:-(
Mine does that now and then too. Once it asked if I was sure I wanted to like a post from Yavonne. I considered that like...Are you joking? Or what?