COLD DARK ROOM

EllieMay

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
East Texas
I'm off to bed now.
The clocks went back an hour in the UK last night so it's been dark since about 6 pm today.
I've been thinking it was later than it was all day, but at least we had an hour extra in bed last night!
Anyway Nos Da and I'll see you soon
Good night Lyn! Sleep well

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
There's a car commercial here in the States that has a family of Golden Retrievers in the car - dad's driving, mom's riding shot gun and there are a couple pups in the back seat. . . real dogs, not a cartoon. Most of them are very clever, but the one I like best has them driving up to a street corner car wash. The car is absolutely COVERED in mud. The dad honks the horn and this group of English bulldogs comes running out. They show close ups of the bull dogs with sponges, buckets of water, one pup in a bucket of suds, lots of suds, then photo shopped paws scrubbing the sides of the car. The last scene shows the full car getting ready to drive off. The lower portion of the car is clean and shiny, but the upper portion is still covered in mud. Makes me chuckle every time I see it.

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/o48r/subaru-ascent-dog-tested-car-wash-t1
Whahaha

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
We've always mounted our RHPs on side walls. Heat rises, and I don't think the heat panel would be close enough to the tortoise's back if on the ceiling. RHPs need something in front of them to radiate the heat off of, they don't heat the air around them - they reflect the heat off of something.
what if you took one of those survival blankets (the thermo blanket) and stuck it to the walls inside. Then any heat from the RHP will reflect downwards and around the inside of the kennel.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
I forgot to say...while I was gone, my false map kimchi managed to escape his aquarium, fell down 5 ft off the aquarium, then walked to the stairs, fell down the 14 stairs and walked to the bathroom and went behind the bath, stayed there for 3 days, all that without a scratch...I cannot believe how tough he is, that's incredible. All that because I put a separator so he doesn't eat the new java moss. He somehow climbed on it... And so the person in charge removed the separator so it doesn't happen again, and guess what...no more java moss :rolleyes: (Kimchi is my profile picture)
kimchi sounds like quite the character.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Good Monday everyone.

Congratulations to Linda on England's win against the All Blacks. Now we are going to be on opposing sides for the final. May the best team win.
WE had some beautiful rain over the weekend. I bought a 120lt drum to catch more rain water and it was filled up within 20 minutes there after it just over flowed and I cried at all the water that was wasted and went into the ground. Oh well at least I have a little bit more water for my garden than I had before.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good Monday everyone.

Congratulations to Linda on England's win against the All Blacks. Now we are going to be on opposing sides for the final. May the best team win.
WE had some beautiful rain over the weekend. I bought a 120lt drum to catch more rain water and it was filled up within 20 minutes there after it just over flowed and I cried at all the water that was wasted and went into the ground. Oh well at least I have a little bit more water for my garden than I had before.
Linda's been supporting Wales but I'm sure England would be the next best thing for her.
Congratulations on RSA win against Wales. It was close towards the end and I hope they go on to win the World Cup!!

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Linda's been supporting Wales but I'm sure England would be the next best thing for her.
Congratulations on RSA win against Wales. It was close towards the end and I hope they go on to win the World Cup!!
I think that it will be a good battle between the two. It should be a good game to watch.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Good Monday everyone.

I can’t imagine not having water readily available.. we truly are spoiled in the US I think.
Happy Monday Carol!

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Good Monday everyone.

Time for another barrel.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
I can’t imagine not having water readily available.. we truly are spoiled in the US I think.
Happy Monday Carol!

In the first 15 days of October here in Maryland we received roughly 0.025 inches of water = drought like. In the last two weeks, we were submerged with over 5 inches! Famine or Feast!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Good Monday everyone.

Just dropping in to say "Hello!"
Hello!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I'm off to bed now.
The clocks went back an hour in the UK last night so it's been dark since about 6 pm today.
I've been thinking it was later than it was all day, but at least we had an hour extra in bed last night!
Anyway Nos Da and I'll see you soon
Our's is this coming weekend. I dread it. It always takes me awhile to adjust.