COLD DARK ROOM

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Hello all.

I have been busy with the sewing machine in my Corner of the CDR and have made a load of face masks for the family. One to wear and one for the wash.

We have a suspicion that when the lockdown is relaxed they’ll be mandatory to help avoid passing on infection, so I found a pattern online, sacrificed a couple of pillow cases and a couple of cloth aprons and got busy. I didn’t quite have enough elastic for the ears, so some have tape ties instead.

I made enough for us and our parents. The parent ones have gone in the post.

the leprechauns had obviously been fiddling with my sewing machine because it got stuck in reverse when I first started using it. Once we managed to get the covers off, we oiled everything that looked like it was supposed to move and thankfully the reverse button popped back out and I was able to use it again.
View attachment 292268

Good looking masks! Reverse seeing is an art!

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
So nice out.. i guess ill do some internal corona protection.. cheers all!

We are out cutting our front lawn/grass before the big rain storm hits us tonight and tomorrow. We don’t really need the rain, but it sure does make things green n grow. Rain barrel is full n over flowing.

I know Tom uses hand clippers n scissors to cut grass for his herds, but I’m able to put the bagger on our mower and take this fresh cut grass right to Ms Sully. Still haven't moved Sully outside this year, the nights are still high 40’s.

With all the rain forecast, I’ll bag up extra. Ok, back to work.

Chubbs the tegu

Ma
We are out cutting our front lawn/grass before the big rain storm hits us tonight and tomorrow. We don’t really need the rain, but it sure does make things green n grow. Rain barrel is full n over flowing.

I know Tom uses hand clippers n scissors to cut grass for his herds, but I’m able to put the bagger on our mower and take this fresh cut grass right to Ms Sully. Still haven't moved Sully outside this year, the nights are still high 40’s.

With all the rain forecast, I’ll bag up extra. Ok, back to work.
Yeah jack chillen outside w me today . Hes loving it. Only 65 here but ground temp about 90 now.. no wind

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
It is a chameleon.
I like the little anoles native to
Also very good made as a savoury with cheddar cheese (other string flavoured hard cheeses are available) You can grate the cheese coarsely or what I do is chop/crumble it into Small pieces. Needless to say, you leave out the sugar for this version!
I know. That basic recipe is so versatile.
I got 12 out of the first time with a double recipe. And a star of David cookie cutter. It's was the only one close to small enough. Last night we buttered and lightly oven toasted some. Just as good.?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Happy weekend! Finally a nice day here.. sunny and mid 60’s ( yes thats a heat wave here lol) prob let jack out in a bit since my temp gun is reading 80 ground temps .. oh and my ugly cactus pads
Yes. I'm preparing for Saphire's first day out. It's always fun and he's been looking at me? with puppy tortoise eyes to see if it's the day. If I do it too early, I have to look into those little eyes every other day and say no.?