COLD DARK ROOM

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
I always have cheese and garlic ones in freezer they one of my favs. And a quick snack. I don’t really eat a lot. Never been a big eater. Probs one meal a day and maybe the odd small snack in between. But that’s it.
That's too much like me. I can eat a lot of fruit and veggies but not enough of the others. Now I'm a skinny elderly person. Not a good thing to be.

Mystic_Queen (Llaria)

England,
That's too much like me. I can eat a lot of fruit and veggies but not enough of the others. Now I'm a skinny elderly person. Not a good thing to be.
Love my fruit and veggies. I wouldn’t say I’m skinny. I know in American sizes I’m a 10/12 In ladies clothes I THINK. Which is about 12/14 in U.K.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Well it’s 115° in the shade here today. Both my desert tortoises are flailing away trying to get into the house. The third desert tortoise is missing in action so it’s probably deep in the burrow.
That’s just crazy! We actually had a cool spell due to the hurricane... barely hit 90 ?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I don't think I've seen/had proper scones on this side of the pond. Regardless of the recipe being used.

To me, what I think of as British scones, they resemble thick buttermilk (U.S.) biscuits.

Now I have to explain that the British concept of "biscuits" is sort of more like "cookies" to an American. Or that British biscuits are closer to our concept of dog biscuits.

If that hurts anyone's head, just talk about chocolate chip cookies. Those are the same on both sides of the pond. :)
Scones are like a cookie biscuit. I liked them because they can be slightly sweet or whatever you want. Just don't overbake them. They won't be good as leftovers for breakfast. Chocolate chips might be good in them.... possibilities are brewing ?

Mystic_Queen (Llaria)

England,
Scones are like a cookie biscuit. I liked them because they can be slightly sweet or whatever you want. Just don't overbake them. They won't be good as leftovers for breakfast. Chocolate chips might be good in them.... possibilities are brewing ?
Chocolate chips can work in scone dough but they are known for sinking. I use chocolate chunks. And coat them in flour before I knead into the dough

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Love my fruit and veggies. I wouldn’t say I’m skinny. I know in American sizes I’m a 10/12 In ladies clothes I THINK. Which is about 12/14 in U.K.
I can wear a size 16 children's clothes and their shoes too. But I usually buy whatever feels good. My favorite pair of jeans are a boys 14 with the adjustable waist. I just wish I could eat more and weigh more. It depends on your height and bone structure too. I'm probably not really really skinny but as an elderly person it would be better if I was a little plumpy.

Mystic_Queen (Llaria)

England,
I can wear a size 16 children's clothes and their shoes too. But I usually buy whatever feels good. My favorite pair of jeans are a boys 14 with the adjustable waist. I just wish I could eat more and weigh more. It depends on your height and bone structure too. I'm probably not really really skinny but as an elderly person it would be better if I was a little plumpy.
Awww bless ya. As long as you wear clothes that are comfortable then it doesn’t matter.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Chocolate chips can work in scone dough but they are known for sinking. I use chocolate chunks. And coat them in flour before I knead into the dough
That's funny. Oh my garsh... you know I'm going to have to go shopping soon. This stupid phone is making me mad. I'm going to have to go into settings and stomp on it ?

Mystic_Queen (Llaria)

England,
That's funny. Oh my garsh... you know I'm going to have to go shopping soon. This stupid phone is making me mad. I'm going to have to go into settings and stomp on it ?
Awww you still not getting on with that new phone? Can you not take it back and exchange it for something easier to use?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Awww you still not getting on with that new phone? Can you not take it back and exchange it for something easier to use?
I'm baaack. It was dimming the light when it felt like it. I'll just have to learn how to out smart this thing that's schmarter then me.

Mystic_Queen (Llaria)

England,
I'm baaack. It was dimming the light when it felt like it. I'll just have to learn how to out smart this thing that's schmarter then me.
There should be an option in your settings about the phone going into standby and time? You should be able to change it to 30 seconds. A minute. 2 minutes etc etc.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
That’s just crazy! We actually had a cool spell due to the hurricane... barely hit 90 ?
Yes. Believe it or not Isaias has helped up here also. Possibly your hurricane also. Between the 2 of them we were getting horrible heat and humidity. I've been feeling the bands on and off for several days. It's weird though how much good a hurricane actually does for air quality. We finally got some really nice rain showers yesterday. Finally today Saphire was able to be outside early and all day. Yesterday he stayed out and got a shower. He didn't care he loved it. I had to bring him in because it was getting late.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
There should be an option in your settings about the phone going into standby and time? You should be able to change it to 30 seconds. A minute. 2 minutes etc etc.
Yes I found out what was going on and turned it off. It was something about using and optimizing light when ever it thought it should. Machine needs to learn who's boss.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I don't think I've seen/had proper scones on this side of the pond. Regardless of the recipe being used.

To me, what I think of as British scones, they resemble thick buttermilk (U.S.) biscuits.

Now I have to explain that the British concept of "biscuits" is sort of more like "cookies" to an American. Or that British biscuits are closer to our concept of dog biscuits.

If that hurts anyone's head, just talk about chocolate chip cookies. Those are the same on both sides of the pond. :)
You're right. Scones are kinda like our cookie but biscuit like too. Not as sweet as a cookie. Not as thick as a biscuit. I'm so into them. They're just a perfect little snack and really universal. The first time I tried it I used chopped craisons, dates, and pecans as the extras. I just would like them better on the very lightly browned side. ? I think I'll put just a little bit of sugar in my cheese ones to sneak some sweetness in me one way or another...