COLD DARK ROOM

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
My daughter loathes her android and is switching back to iPhone once she has saved some money.

Her brother, being a designer, loves Apple Mac and hates Windows. He also loathes iPhone and loves Android :D
I got a new one today and managed to get it activated. It was crazy because of the pandemic. It's different but I think I'll get along with this phone. It's a Moto. I like a larger phone for the feel in my hand but... My carrier even dropped my monthly bill by $10. I'm not having issues getting used to it either. I did like my LG though.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
A Mediterranean house gecko!

Back in November, a freshly hatched one dropped from the ceiling onto my other half's desk while he was at the office, and it promptly ran under his keyboard. Long story short, this is a house gecko, not an office gecko, and besides it's not native to Florida... So he brought it home. Escher has been a captive resident of our household ever since.
That's funny. I would have too with the little anole hanging out at Lowe's in Ohio. I just didn't have a way to get him home safely. I was hoping he'd just hang out on the bromiliad and sneak home safely with someone.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I'm not ignoring all your posts. Please know, I read and enjoyed each and every one of them. But my computer's in the shop and I just don't like to hunt and peck with a stylus on my Kindle!

I truly enjoy being part of this group ***Yvonne turns to the side and mumbles, ". . . of weirdos!" ***
??

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
This is a silly question but I'm new to cactuses! Do you snap the young pads off or wait for them to fall?
Depending on the age of your tortoise. If a young tortoise pick them when they are still soft. It is easier for them to eat. My sully is 3 and I pic the young pads. Wait till they grow fairly large but before they turn a darker green. Very few just fail off. If your plant is getting to big. You can take a section off and wait for the fresh cut to scab over before replanting. I had a pad that fell off and left it lay there for a week. When I picked it up the whole side laying on the ground started rooting.

Pastel Tortie

North Florida
For our UK environmentalists. Help stop the proposed badger cull soon to happen in Derbyshire.

Seems like a messy situation all the way around there. There are family farms in the UK that are suffering too, losing bloodlines and quite possibly the future of the farms themselves. Bovine tuberculosis outbreaks aren't fun to deal with in any species. :(

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Darn raccoons! I’m pretty sure our family of raccoons have now decided that the four hummingbird feeders on our front porch are full of sweet nectar for them to enjoy as late night snacks. Three nights in a row now, one or two or more of our hummer feeders have been knocked, pulled, stretched and emptied! Has to be coons! Time to set up the night time camera and capture these bad actors in action, Thieves!

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Darn raccoons! I’m pretty sure our family of raccoons have now decided that the four hummingbird feeders on our front porch are full of sweet nectar for them to enjoy as late night snacks. Three nights in a row now, one or two or more of our hummer feeders have been knocked, pulled, stretched and emptied! Has to be coons! Time to set up the night time camera and capture these bad actors in action, Thieves!
When I lived in northern Michigan. In the spring we had problems with bears getting into our bird feeders. Once their natural food started growing ( berries etc.) They would quit coming around. Never once did they get in my trash. I only saw 3 raccoons my whole time up there. We also had snowshoe rabbits but they disappeared. I truly believe the coyotes depleted them. We had tons of deer and turkeys though.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
For our UK environmentalists. Help stop the proposed badger cull soon to happen in Derbyshire.

Thanks Mark. It makes me mad! I'll be signing it and I'm sure my sister in nearby Leics will be going there to try to upset their plans by removing the peanuts they use to trap them, and sitting near the setts.