COLD DARK ROOM

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
Maggie called me last night to say it was snowing like crazy up there in Oregon. And it's big enough to stick. Her computer is in the shop, so she'll be off line for a while.
I'm thinking of you both with the snow and rain and hoping it's not going to be as bad as the news is saying... after all the fires.??

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
So my day is passing kinda crappily, it's cold and yucky out and I'm just ugly. I walk to the mailbox at the corner, oh boy! My new Levi's so the day is improving. I get home throw the mail on the table, and go try on my new jeans. 501's shrink to fit...kinda big, I have been wearing size 6 skinny jeans and went to 4's. So the jeans are kinda big as opposed to skin tight $70 they better shrink ...anyhow, oh the mail...one from SOUTH AFRICA!!!
Do I know anyone in S. Africa?
It has a little bump in it so I'm thinkin Carol sent me flower seeds, ? so I am using small scissors to cut away the tape, Santa! A Santa card taped closed to hold the seeds... I oh so carefully cut the tape and start to open it, and these bat things fly out with noise and wavy wings, I flung the envelope away from me, throwing myself backward, bouncing off the door jam and falling over the running cat!!!!!!! Oh crap!!!!!! Scared the holy s**t outa me. So I get up and see that the bats are butterflies. Oh cute, so I am kinda chuckling at myself...then I read the freakin card...it was PAYBACK for the glitter I put in her card, saying that for the next 5 years every time you vacuum up red glitter you will think of me...a lovely thought for a friend
OK chefdenoel10...you said I would never see a payback coming, and I didn't. Not at all, you would think I 'might' have been careful, I did wonder about the stamps and no postmark. But that was only fleeting...you got me fair and square, it's too bad it wasn't filmed. It was a grand joke that you really thought out...a little more evil than I would have expected from you...

??????????????
A-ha!
I got you!
Do you know I was cleaning the staircase today with a brush (yes I am a clean freak) and Lo and behold... there it was!
A fri**in’ green glitter on the fourth step!!!
I had to laugh!
Oh! .... there’s Maggie again..
I swear I will think of you always seeing the glitter scattered ALL around my house!
But it’s good though...because it makes me think of you INSTANTLY! ?
I wonder if we were neighbors if we would do pranks on each other all the time?
I am so terribly sorry though...
I NEVER meant to scare you into falling.
ESPECIALLY OVER THE CAT!!! ?
God how I am sorry for that!
bad enough you have a broken foot already!
are you ok? Did you strain anything?
Hurt your back??
Cuz if ya did I’d have ta come on out there and take care of ya!!
(I know you wouldn’t like it,)
but if I DID hurt you in any way it would be MY responsibility!!!!
Mary Knobbkins and
I would have a blast in the snow too!!?

now we are fair and square right? ??

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
I'm not kidding you guys...she really worked hard on this...
here are the flying bats (lol), you wind up the rubberband using the front small wings, then she stuffed them in the card, and I realeased them by opening the card. God, it was funny.
View attachment 315890
The rubberband is actually the body of the bats.
View attachment 315891
I'm sure that some of you have seen this before, but in my whole life I never have, and I'm thinking that's one reason it worked so good...Thanks Chefdenoel10 I have so much enjoyed this

ah...hem. They are butterflies ?
????

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
The cross trainer was delivered earlier than expected. Time to get exercising!? I will be able to put my prosthetic leg on and when my right arm heals. I will be able to use my prosthetic arm.
View attachment 315900

That is sooooo great Ray!!!!
You look AWESOME!!!!!
I’m rutting for you!!!!
Keep it up!!!!
What else is there to do during covid!??
You’re gonna get there in no time.
I have faith in you!!!!
❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
So does everyone on this forum!!

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
I am sorry everyone, but I decided not to risk sending out any cards to everyone, because with us going through our second wave currently I did not want to risk passing on any new strains of the covid virus to anyone. And because I am not sure who will be touching the envelopes and or if they are being hygienic and following covid protocols or not, I thought it would be best not to send out cards.

I think I can safely speak for all of us when I say..” that’s totally fine. We are just so happy you are on the mend and back on the forum!!! We missed you terribly!!!!
Glad to have you back!
??????......?

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Good evenooning all.

I haven’t had a good week with my mind. Covid and lockdown and just life in general really is getting me down at the moment. I wound up really upsetting my daughter today.. and not by shouting at her... it might have been better if I had :(

It’s a year to the day since we set off for our trip of a lifetime to New Zealand. Maybe that’s what is dragging me down.

I’ll try to cheer up but if I‘m feeling down I may have to observe rather than participate for a while.

Ok..JoesMum....
I have three posts that I hope will make you laugh a bit and hopefully cheer you up a little.... if not...?..... I am coming over! ?

Attachments

• 6051C732-C894-4561-8211-457CCF99F33F.png
    6051C732-C894-4561-8211-457CCF99F33F.png
    306 KB · Views: 7
  • 5A2D8B53-BCD2-4FEF-BB5D-E97C7A065577.png
    5A2D8B53-BCD2-4FEF-BB5D-E97C7A065577.png
    132.5 KB · Views: 7
  • C6332712-1ABB-434D-BF5D-31EB51B01627.png
    C6332712-1ABB-434D-BF5D-31EB51B01627.png
    126.3 KB · Views: 8

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
You inspired me. Since I already think my brothers have bats in their belpreys, I'm going to send them a birthday card with flying bats. I can't wait. They were even born on beggars night so that proves they deserve it.?

PERFECT!!!! I love it!!!!
I wanna here all the details once they are delivered! Good luck! ??