COLD DARK ROOM

Lyn W

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK
Time for me to say Nos Da, enjoy the rest of your Weds.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Nagh, nothing really to control as long as the A/C is on. Right now it’s 81% humidity outside while the remnants of Ida drench us. Inside, humidity is 60%.
Yep 40 to 60% is me and my tort's best humidity. I'm totally comfortable and the temperature is 79°f and the humidity is 60% inside. I've got the oven on so the humidity will probably go down and the temperature up but usually I'll still be totally comfortable unless the humidity goes sky high. Then I'll be sweating if it's 77%f and hot as heck.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Do you have any zoos near you that could use any unused fruit for their animals?
Many people over here are having trouble with their trees this year. They seem to be dying. It's been said that the extremely cold and icy start to the year, followed by prolonged rain for weeks on end, and then a very dry April/May has upset them this year. :(
I wish. A lot of it I've had to throw away... and a lot of it rather than to throw away I put it in a big pile behind our garage hoping the squirrels, ground hogs, and other critters would get it. And there's still a ton to go that hasn't fallen yet. I'm trying to can jelly for the first time in forty years That's weird that your people are having a problem with their trees also. We are having a too much fruit problem here in my area. So much so that it's killing trees.

TurtzInMyYard

AL
Yikes….not too far away from us. Ok, maybe 20 miles….but still…

View attachment 332113
Wow. It reminds me of going thru hurricane, Michael. So much damage. We lost our boat we had slipped in Panama City Marina in FL. All just gone. We had a huge oak in our yard (in Alabama) that VERY fortunately fell in the direction opposite of our house. I actually got footage of the ground coming up and it going over.

But, as long as we come out alive...we can re-build.

TurtzInMyYard

AL
*"A pirate? As in Arrrrr...rrr..?" One thing always leads to another with those guys; first it's a leg, then it's an eye and then **they eat the parrot!
.....but hey, I'll have a bourbon and make it a double...

*( a line in a movie, spoken by a female actress being chased by pirates, what is the name of the movie and who said the line?

**( a reference to a scene if a western movie in which a pirate finds himself sailing on lands occupied by indians, specifically a vicious Comanche named Blue Duck. What is the name of this movie, who ate the parrot and what is the actor's name, and the name of the character he played?

Oh, and BARTENDER -- keep 'em comin'......
OK...no one answered the movie trivia questions. Perhaps it's not your thing. That's ok. I will answer for you. The first answer is...from the movie, Six Days and Seven Nights starring Harrison Ford and Anne Heche.

The answer to the second question is from the Lonesome Dove series, specifically, Dead Man's Walk, starring F. Murray Abraham who played the character of Caleb Cobb, a pirate, who was leading the Great Santa Fe expedition, I think it was. He and his commrades made stew out of his parrot.

I never did get that drink...

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Ha ha!! I thought I knew the answer to the first one but I didn’t want to cheat and google nor did I want to be wrong ?

I didn’t have a clue on the second.. dont remember a pirate at all..

I actually love that you threw some trivia out! i think everyone is just a little pre-occupied but don’t let that deter you! Sometimes it’s so busy in here that you can’t catch up in one sitting.. hard to believe, I know ?

TurtzInMyYard

AL
Ha ha!! I thought I knew the answer to the first one but I didn’t want to cheat and google nor did I want to be wrong ?

I didn’t have a clue on the second.. dont remember a pirate at all..

I actually love that you threw some trivia out! i think everyone is just a little pre-occupied but don’t let that deter you! Sometimes it’s so busy in here that you can’t catch up in one sitting.. hard to believe, I know ?
It's all good. I'm new here, just 'testing' the waters to see 'who' bites and how hard. Good on ya that you got the first one.

Unless you like westerns, you probably wouldn't know the answers to the second movie question. Larry McMurtry's first book of the series was Lonesome Dove, and was a series in itself...like a long movie. In addition, and in no particular order, followed, Return to Lonesome Dove, Comanche Moon, Dead Man's Walk and Streets of Loredo. I might have named them in order, but I believe it was the last movie that starred James Garner as Woodrow Call and Sissy Spacek as Laurie.

I was not a particular fan of westerns, until my father introduced me to this series. If you haven't seen them, truly, your are missing some great content.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
It's all good. I'm new here, just 'testing' the waters to see 'who' bites and how hard. Good on ya that you got the first one.

Unless you like westerns, you probably wouldn't know the answers to the second movie question. Larry McMurtry's first book of the series was Lonesome Dove, and was a series in itself...like a long movie. In addition, and in no particular order, followed, Return to Lonesome Dove, Comanche Moon, Dead Man's Walk and Streets of Loredo. I might have named them in order, but I believe it was the last movie that starred James Garner as Woodrow Call and Sissy Spacek as Laurie.

I was not a particular fan of westerns, until my father introduced me to this series. If you haven't seen them, truly, your are missing some great content.
I love westerns and I love Sissy Spacek.. I had a binge a few weekends back and watched the Young Riders again and the Pale Rider with Clint eastwood..

Jan A

Boulder, CO
I love westerns and I love Sissy Spacek.. I had a binge a few weekends back and watched the Young Riders again and the Pale Rider with Clint eastwood..
I'm always up for Tombstone...."tell 'em I'm comin' & I'm bringing Hell with me." And, no I can never pass up Clint Eastwood either.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA

A long time ago, in a village far far away, I owned the complete set of Zane Gray stories. Not sure if I ever read one of them. A few years back I sold them on eBay and shipped them away.. Hi ho Silver.

TurtzInMyYard

AL
A long time ago, in a village far far away, I owned the complete set of Zane Gray stories. Not sure if I ever read one of them. A few years back I sold them on eBay and shipped them away.. Hi ho Silver.
Zane Gray...I had to look him up. I have not heard that name before. Were you aware his first name is evidently "Pearl"?

TurtzInMyYard

AL
I'm always up for Tombstone...."tell 'em I'm comin' & I'm bringing Hell with me." And, no I can never pass up Clint Eastwood either.
Jan, it is also one of my favorites. The script was just hilarious. There were MANY good lines in that movie. One that stands out for me is the scene where one of the cowboys is gunning for a fight and making reference to Doc says something on the order of...Doc's so drunk he's probably seein' double, to which Doc replies,

"I got two guns....one for each of ya". I laughed so hard and long over that one. Great western flick...

P.S. I should make that my tag line...lol

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
One of my grand daughters lives in Hillsborough, New Jersey. She said it was the worst weather she's ever seen. Her city is now essentially an island.
I saw some things on the news.. you don’t expect to see that kind of weather there… I’m glad she’s ok!
Yep, just a ton of rain. Thanks for reaching out. Plenty of damage nearby. And further up by @Chefdenoel10 ! Wicked weather.

Cool & sunny today.
I’m glad y’all didn’t get a major hit!!!
@Chefdenoel10 - Are you ok??

Jan A

Boulder, CO
Jan, it is also one of my favorites. The script was just hilarious. There were MANY good lines in that movie. One that stands out for me is the scene where one of the cowboys is gunning for a fight and making reference to Doc says something on the order of...Doc's so drunk he's probably seein' double, to which Doc replies,

"I got two guns....one for each of ya". I laughed so hard and long over that one. Great western flick...

P.S. I should make that my tag line...lol
"I'm your Hucklebury" throws me into hysterics. Also the scene where Kilmer spins his little shot mug after Rango spins his gun.

TurtzInMyYard

AL
"I'm your Hucklebury" throws me into hysterics. Also the scene where Kilmer spins his little shot mug after Rango spins his gun.
Precisely what I mean. There was just great writing and directing. Excellent casting as well. There was only one thing about that movie that has always bugged me. For some reason, I did not like Kurt Russell in that role. He's an excellent actor, cute as the dickens, and I've enjoyed every single movie in which I've seen him. I just think he was ill-fitted to the role. He did a great job as always, but I would have preferred to see the likes of Sam Elliott as Wyatt Earp, and Kurt Russell in the role of Elliott played, but what do I know? LOL. Just a great movie.