COLD DARK ROOM

Chubbs the tegu

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ma
wow, Ida sure hit the coast with some massive winds and a ton of ???. Such devastation. Fingers crossed for minimal deaths. We are expecting upwards of 6 inches of rain from Ida. Roughly a 24 hour event later this week.

I think I have some some competition in the wood shop. Wifey finished up a Christmas ornament today - next is painting & decoration.

View attachment 331995
Just let her win bro! Happy wifey happy lifey lol

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Luckily, we are far enough away from any major or minor bodies of water. We’ll still have a pretty soggy back garden.

Yes, wifey is good at coming up with ideas & turning those into something.
She actually has a good teacher. And she is excelling. They say only the southern part of Ohio will get the remnants of Ida but we usually feel at least some of it where I live. And it's kind of a wetlands area and prone to flooding. We'll see.?

TurtzInMyYard

AL
Hi and welcome
I'm one of the regular UK visitors and been here since the beginning of this thread back in 2015!
I know what you mean about retirement - I took the plunge last year and really loving doing what I want, when I want. Only have my tort making any demands on my time but that's OK.
Looking forward to getting to know you.
Lyn, retirement just happened to coincide with that thrilling adventure of menopause. It was a double whammy. To go from 5 million lights years a second-- to DEAD ---FLAT---CALM was an adjustment, for which I was ill prepared.

The loss of weight gain inhibiting hormones and becoming a couch potato, coupled with binging "Game of Thrones" for all 8 seasons, was a bit of a shocker. I put on 20 lbs. the first year! But, on the other hand, I've EARNED it, plus every silver thread on ,my head....lol Cheers!

TurtzInMyYard

AL
Hello and welcome BTW! we Are a close group of international friends in this thread.. I’ve been here 3 years and I’m one of the newer residents! I live in Texas with a my own private zoo and a wild people family of 5.. it’s nice to meetcha!
Why thank you, Miss Clampett, is it? How wonderful you introduced yourself! Private zoo and wild people...kinda soundin' just a bit on the kinky there... ?

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Finally, a cool, overcast morning that enabled me to get out for some early morning kayaking. It’s been soooo hot & humid, just kept me more trapped at home than normal.

Got out on the Patuxent River that runs near our house. Much of this water gets dammed up & provides fresh drinking water for the greater Washington DC metro area.

Check out that last picture of my trophy find!

Some snaps.

4E02AB30-8B59-4B4A-BF90-FA8E42B53B33.jpeg
C0F0E1CE-96E6-48CF-9A53-FC5DF5E17EBA.jpeg
8652AC9D-64C9-4FB6-9055-FE44C6D0E8C5.jpeg

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Spotted a beaver too! Not a good pix. ?‍♂️?

View attachment 332063
He looks purple!!! ???

I had a beaver swim under the dock where I was fishing ( about 25 + yrs ago) and slap his tail.. I had a little chihuahua mix dog in my lap that it scared so bad it jumped in the water… Pencil legged dogs can’t swim!!! I had to scoop it out as it steadily sank and that damn beaver had turned around and was headed straight for it.. I wonder that it wasn’t a planned attack!!!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I started my Crab Apple jelly project today ? I have 9 cups of juice ready to turn into jelly. I was going to use pint jars but can't find a water bath method or recipe that recommends that so I guess I'll buy some suitable jars tomorrow.and get er done. That durn tree has been dropping sooo many apples I'm about to scalp it even though it's the wrong time of year. The birds and butterflies are enjoying it even though I've had to clean up a zillion apples so far. They still have more than they need. And me too. I'll probably do another 9 cups of juice and then give up on it.☺️

TurtzInMyYard

AL
Finally, a cool, overcast morning that enabled me to get out for some early morning kayaking. It’s been soooo hot & humid, just kept me more trapped at home than normal.

Got out on the Patuxent River that runs near our house. Much of this water gets dammed up & provides fresh drinking water for the greater Washington DC metro area.

Check out that last picture of my trophy find!

Some snaps.

View attachment 332056
View attachment 332057
View attachment 332058

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good morning all on this first day of (meteorological) Autumn! We're having another cloudy day but we've not seen any rain for almost 2 weeks so able to get things done outside. The sun loving Brits are moaning about what a dreadful summer it's been but for me it's been perfect -not too wet or dry and not too hot.

I had a visit from a hedgehog last night - my wildlife camera picked him up in the early hours. I don't know if it's the same one that's been dropping in now and again since last autumn, but I'll put some food out for him tonight and hopefully he'll be back to fatten up for winter - maybe he'll move into the house I set up for him this year(?).

Anyway, I hope you all have a good Weds and I'll see you later.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Good morning all on this first day of (meteorological) Autumn! We're having another cloudy day but we've not seen any rain for almost 2 weeks so able to get things done outside. The sun loving Brits are moaning about what a dreadful summer it's been but for me it's been perfect -not too wet or dry and not too hot.

I had a visit from a hedgehog last night - my wildlife camera picked him up in the early hours. I don't know if it's the same one that's been dropping in now and again since last autumn, but I'll put some food out for him tonight and hopefully he'll be back to fatten up for winter - maybe he'll move into the house I set up for him this year(?).

Anyway, I hope you all have a good Weds and I'll see you later.
Enjoy your day Lyn!!!

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Good morning and Happy Wednesday!! Another hot day on the horizon here… still laying around having coffee but I’ve got to get my butt in gear!! i May need some help lifting the dead weight off me before I can get going though!! LolE29AC5EB-7C48-4C81-9C2D-82E2EEF84DEA.jpeg

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
How long ago did you hit that deer? Deer have the right of way in water ya know. Just how fast were you going when you hit him????

Makes a lovely hood ornament though....

I do paddle fast, but not that fast. ? it’s a nice rack, might hang it back on the shed. I don’t think this one is “the most famous reindeer of all.”

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Crack, bang, boom. Awakened at 0400 by a massive thunderstorm with crazy lightening! A ton of rain. ??. Much more rain later today & we are honkering down.
No thunderstorm here, but was awakened by the same crack, bang, boom as you - Dove Season!