COLD DARK ROOM

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
It’s hot outside today, bright sunshine to boot, a balmy 32F (0C), our vehicles and sidewalk all (finally) clear. Took our cars out for a spin, all good.

The Birds are enjoying our feeders, peanuts & sunflower seeds.
We're a bit warmer at 40f finally. It was 9f this morning and downright cold ? I think I have a wren trying to set up house keeping again. That's the only thing I can figure. Looks similar to a sparrow but a longer beak. We didn't get much snow and rain is supposed to be coming again but as usual lately... it won't be snow it will be flooded.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
I am blessed!
To have had a dad that did a lot of manual work, he was an advertising manager by day, and craftsman by weekend. He built a brick 2 car garage, a small sail boat, Plywood boxes to house all our car camping gear among other things.
I learned a lot from him, that translated into getting a job at a local Hardware store, before the big Box stores showed up. That got me into the trades. I'm a Lead on Nextdoor and offer my services as often as I can to my neighbors, just pay for parts.
I just just stay busy, by word of mouth.
I love challenges, now that I'm retired from the Sewer District, and don't have technical problems to figure out.
I was the same way before the accident. It has disappointed me because who I thought were my friends. Don't even call anymore. I am beginning to think I was being used because of my knowledge and there were no relationships there.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Still below freezing this morning, with “freezing rain” forecast for a bit later this morning. ☃️ We still have a “ton” of snow on the ground - it’s like a large deep freezer outside. It’s all good for the plants, helps reduce the tick populations. The birds are enjoying their share of peanuts = high energy snacks. Lots of Blue Jays. ?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I doubt that's the case, Ray, because the part of you with the knowledge is still intact. Some people just have a hard time being with people with disabilities. Thank goodness for us, huh?
That fact is so sadly true. With Joe I deal with that. They don't visit and then if and when they do people will let him get by with too much. And he knows better and it makes me look like an ogre if I tell him to behave himself.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
I doubt that's the case, Ray, because the part of you with the knowledge is still intact. Some people just have a hard time being with people with disabilities. Thank goodness for us, huh?
Forsure, the TFO community has been a God sent for me. I thank everyone for treating me like a normal person. What ever normal means!?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
That fact is so sadly true. With Joe I deal with that. They don't visit and then if and when they do people will let him get by with too much. And he knows better and it makes me look like an ogre if I tell him to behave himself.
On the other hand... we are just having some fun with sibling rivalry. I guess we are making people uncomfortable just by being our normal selves ? oh well...

MenagerieGrl

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
El Sobrante, CA.
Nice day in Stilbaai, have a good day! (I couldn't get onto TFO from this morning until now, hopefully there was no malware attack or something??)View attachment 338777
Yes, I tried to log-in TFO but kept getting an error message last evening and earlier this morn.
And it looks like a beautiful day in Stilbaai! Thank you for the pict's!

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Im always on the look out for a better thermostat, even though I’m pretty happy with my current one. That said, this thermostat (below) might be a good choice for folks keeping a tortoise that requires nice warm regulated daytime temps, but cooler night time temps.

Snoopy’s mom

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Honolulu
I learnt a lot of the basics of DIY and car maintenance from my Dad too - he was a very handy man. I was never interested in helping my Mum in the kitchen which is why I'm a better painter than cook!! But I'm equally messy at both! :)
I learned a lot of car maintenance from my dad too, learned to work on big block Chevyʻs as a teenager. Thank goodness my husband does all the cooking - he constantly reminds me that the smoke alarm is not a kitchen timer ?‍♀️