COLD DARK ROOM

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
Still no power since last night’s big storm. It’s yucky. Hot & humid & no a/c. Early morning run for bags of ice for our coolers to keep frozen salmon filets cold. Solar panel is out & charging up my battery bank - internet, fan & air bubblers for aquariums. Hopefully back by late afternoon.

Lots & lots of trees & power lines down all over the place.
Sending lots of prayers. I don't know whether to hope for trees down in the perfect spot or not with you 😂

Warren

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Balto. MD
Still no power since last night’s big storm. It’s yucky. Hot & humid & no a/c. Early morning run for bags of ice for our coolers to keep frozen salmon filets cold. Solar panel is out & charging up my battery bank - internet, fan & air bubblers for aquariums. Hopefully back by late afternoon.

Lots & lots of trees & power lines down all over the place.
Sorry to hear you lost power, the storms missed Baltimore.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Jealous....very!........Never hooked a KS......but Tarpons sure are a blast. Easier to feed by hand than to catch with a hook....LOL
I had a tarpon hooked for a few seconds. I only had 10lb test line. I wasn't fishing for tarpon.
That is on my bucket list. When I get more comfortable fighting bigger fish with my prosthetic arm. I will book a charter to go tarpon fishing.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Here are some pics of fishing. Everyone is having a tough time catching good numbers of fish. Should make for interesting tournament.
image000001 (1).jpg
Sunrise this morning 🌄
20220714_063130.jpg
Running out to where we want to start to fish.
20220714_055600.jpg

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
My son Jim and 2 of my granddaughters 9 and 11. Will be in a youth fishing tournament tomorrow. Start off is at 6am and must be back by 1pm. My son and I can set lines, net fish. But my granddaughters have to reel the fish in on their own. They can help each other but my son and I can't assist. Can't wait, I won't be getting any sleep tonight. 😴

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
My son Jim and 2 of my granddaughters 9 and 11. Will be in a youth fishing tournament tomorrow. Start off is at 6am and must be back by 1pm. My son and I can set lines, net fish. But my granddaughters have to reel the fish in on their own. They can help each other but my son and I can't assist. Can't wait, I won't be getting any sleep tonight. 😴
Have a blessed blast ☺️lots of fish for dinner 🍀🙏

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
We got the rain but not the wind Mark got....nasty. The rain was biblical though!

Oh hell yeah Ray....and kudo's to you for getting the kids in on the fun! Don't worry bout the tarps, you're a big boy, you got this, you just have to work out the mechanics of doing it with a water-breathing tiger on the other end!

LOL enjoy my friend.....that is a beautiful pic off the transom........God's country......

Meanwhile; It sure has been Full-Moon weird the last day or so. I've had meetings moved 3 times, calls from two people at work, one of which I hate(I don't sugarcoat things) and haven't talked to in 25 years or so....,.and the other I haven't talked to in 15 years. Just a lot of weird stuff crammed into a couple of days, even here on this forum........and guess what?The moon is full........anyone else notice?

Kerry is a teacher and swears the full moon coincides with an increase in activity......., putting it very lightly. I think her phrase is closer to "they go f'n bonkers" but she's a teacher for 25 years or so, she's beat up, tired, has the 1000 yard stare....you know the deal.....LOL

Last edited:

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
We got the rain but not the wind Mark got....nasty. The rain was biblical though!

Oh hell yeah Ray....and kudo's to you for getting the kids in on the fun! Don't worry bout the tarps, you're a big boy, you got this, you just have to work out the mechanics of doing it with a water-breathing tiger on the other end!

LOL enjoy my friend.....that is a beautiful pic off the transom........God's country......

Meanwhile; It sure has been Full-Moon weird the last day or so. I've had meetings moved 3 times, calls from two people at work, one of which I hate(I don't sugarcoat things) and haven't talked to in 25 years or so....,.and the other I haven't talked to in 15 years. Just a lot of weird stuff crammed into a couple of days, even here on this forum........and guess what?The moon is full........anyone else notice?

Kerry is a teacher and swears the full moon coincides with an increase in activity......., putting it very lightly. I think her phrase is closer to "they go f'n bonkers" but she's a teacher for 25 years or so, she's beat up, tired, has the 1000 yard stare....you know the deal.....LOL
Thanks Jeff I will think about the dragon idea.🤣
The full moon does affect all aspects of life. From more babies being born to more crime. When I saw the full moon in the morning yesterday and today. That makes fishing even harder. Because with the light of the moon. The fish fed all night, so they are not hungry.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Still without power since Tuesday’s storm. It’s been roasting hot & humid. No a/c. My little solar system is stretched thin. We have 10 pounds of Salmon fillets in the freezer on ice.

The power trucks seem to now be working on the lines near us…

🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵
Get the smoker out to smoke the salmon.
Hope you get power back soon.

MenagerieGrl

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
El Sobrante, CA.
Still without power since Tuesday’s storm. It’s been roasting hot & humid. No a/c. My little solar system is stretched thin. We have 10 pounds of Salmon fillets in the freezer on ice.

🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵
So Mark, I have a question, do you have a battery back up to your Solar system. How are you able to run anything w/o being hooked up to the grid, right now?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster

🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵
Oh my. I'm hoping with you. 🙏 I didn't realize your power is still out.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
So Mark, I have a question, do you have a battery back up to your Solar system. How are you able to run anything w/o being hooked up to the grid, right now?

I have a small battery bank set up. I have four 40 amp hour batteries all connected. <Panels> to <Solar Charge Controller> to a <DC to AC converter>. So we can run a few things all day & night (like our internet router), phone chargers, and air pumps for the aquariums. We still ended up losing two fish…..one really nice fancy goldfish. 😡

Power finally on. 🙂

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
My brother Joe has been called up for jury duty 😜 I can't wait to watch this play out.😉 I am going to try to get him excused but with the heppa laws this kinda stuff ends up like a comedy. Oh my garsh 😁

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Keep us posted on the fun
This time I'm taking pictures.😁 I'm hoping he's infamous enough that he'll just be excused in our little city. And that's a real possibility. So if I have to wind up doing the leg work they're gonna pay for it 😅 whatever way I can do it 😜

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I have a small battery bank set up. I have four 40 amp hour batteries all connected. <Panels> to <Solar Charge Controller> to a <DC to AC converter>. So we can run a few things all day & night (like our internet router), phone chargers, and air pumps for the aquariums. We still ended up losing two fish…..one really nice fancy goldfish. 😡

Power finally on. 🙂
Yeah 👍

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Careful what you are spraying out there. But, I’m thinking that most of us tort keepers (and gardeners) are not using RoundUp.