COLD DARK ROOM

MenagerieGrl

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
El Sobrante, CA.
Careful what you are spraying out there. But, I’m thinking that most of us tort keepers (and gardeners) are not using RoundUp.

Ya, I saw that article this morning, just shows how pervasive the stuff is, and how it just hangs on . .

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
My son Jim and 2 of my granddaughters 9 and 11. Will be in a youth fishing tournament tomorrow. Start off is at 6am and must be back by 1pm. My son and I can set lines, net fish. But my granddaughters have to reel the fish in on their own. They can help each other but my son and I can't assist. Can't wait, I won't be getting any sleep tonight. 😴
Good luck to them!!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Thanks Jeff I will think about the dragon idea.🤣
The full moon does affect all aspects of life. From more babies being born to more crime. When I saw the full moon in the morning yesterday and today. That makes fishing even harder. Because with the light of the moon. The fish fed all night, so they are not hungry.
We've had a spectacular 'super moon' the past few days - when the moon is nearer the earth than at any other time, so maybe seeing that in the US as well as UK?

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Still without power since Tuesday’s storm. It’s been roasting hot & humid. No a/c. My little solar system is stretched thin. We have 10 pounds of Salmon fillets in the freezer on ice.

The power trucks seem to now be working on the lines near us…

🥵🥵🥵🥵🥵
I hope they've sorted out your supply by now Mark.
We have a first time ever red warning for heat here in the UK over the next few days with temps set to reach 40C/104F in some parts. They say it could affect power and transport as well as health etc. We just aren't equipped for such extreme weather here. I would love to see some of that rain you had but it's not likely :(
I'm worried about the moronic element of our society starting fires again and endangering the wildlife.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
So Mark, I have a question, do you have a battery back up to your Solar system. How are you able to run anything w/o being hooked up to the grid, right now?
Happy Birthday!!!
I hope you have a lovely day and find some way to relax and celebrate!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
My brother Joe has been called up for jury duty 😜 I can't wait to watch this play out.😉 I am going to try to get him excused but with the heppa laws this kinda stuff ends up like a comedy. Oh my garsh 😁
Good luck with that, I'm sure they'll allow some exemptions.
I would hate to do Jury service.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
This time I'm taking pictures.😁 I'm hoping he's infamous enough that he'll just be excused in our little city. And that's a real possibility. So if I have to wind up doing the leg work they're gonna pay for it 😅 whatever way I can do it 😜
Maybe you'll have to be a substitute for him ;)

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Careful what you are spraying out there. But, I’m thinking that most of us tort keepers (and gardeners) are not using RoundUp.

It's only when something affects humans that many people stop and take note - I doubt many think about the impact this stuff has on wildlife.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good morning/afternoon all,
I hope you are all well.
My search for a laptop continues, it's all very well ordering online but I'd like to see what I'm buying first. Having said that there isn't anywhere you can really go to do that these days. I found a Dell I quite like but the cooling vents are underneath on that model and as I mostly tend to use them on my lap I'm a bit worried about it overheating or shortening its life. I'll have to research a bit more- or buy a laptop tray.

It's very hot here today and getting even hotter. The expected temps are supposed to cause quite a lot of disruption for travel and power supplies etc.
I will be staying home in my cool house for the next few days and Lola can wander in and out of the heat as he chooses but I think even he's going to need his shady areas and water tray.
Happy Saturday!!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Good morning/afternoon all,
I hope you are all well.
My search for a laptop continues, it's all very well ordering online but I'd like to see what I'm buying first. Having said that there isn't anywhere you can really go to do that these days. I found a Dell I quite like but the cooling vents are underneath on that model and as I mostly tend to use them on my lap I'm a bit worried about it overheating or shortening its life. I'll have to research a bit more- or buy a laptop tray.

It's very hot here today and getting even hotter. The expected temps are supposed to cause quite a lot of disruption for travel and power supplies etc.
I will be staying home in my cool house for the next few days and Lola can wander in and out of the heat as he chooses but I think even he's going to need his shady areas and water tray.
Happy Saturday!!
I saw that on the news today about the heat wave also affecting all of you across the pond. So hopes and prayers to all of you. It's much harder on people that aren't used to higher temps.🤗🙏

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Good luck with that, I'm sure they'll allow some exemptions.
I would hate to do Jury service.
I'll just take him in and let them try to talk with him. Hehehe 😜 and if they can get him to make some sense I'll give them a thumbs up 🤣 he lives in a cartoon world.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
More rain. A ton of rain on Tuesday, three days of scorching heat, today more storms.

Our banana lagoon

View attachment 347352
There's been rain here all day on and off. Because the front yard is in the evening sun it's running 93°f even though the WiFi device is in a tree. The back yard one is reading 78°f. But I've been cold all day and even turned the ac off for a while. Sapphire had to have his heater on for a while too. As usual when this kinda stuff with the temps goes on it has to do with the dew point. If it's good and the feels like temp is the same as the real temp. Even if it's above 90°f Sapphire and I are happy. He'll stay out in higher temps . If the dew point is bad we both hide out. You may have a cool down heading your way. Hopefully, because it stayed rainy and cooler all day. It only got warmer in the afternoon but the dew point is still amazing even with 93 and 77 we are comfortable.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Maybe you'll have to be a substitute for him ;)
Oh my garsh 😁😜 I just got that 😁😜 no I'll let Joe do it and make them pay both of us. Me to get him there on time or even make him get there in the first place🙃. As his Chauffeur because he has no clue what they are talking about. I'll have to make him show up. He can't stand to miss his beloved adult daily program for love or money.☺️ and that was just another legitimate excuse. It will cost the city money and a lot of it. Myself, a deaf interpreter, and I have a team to help me etc... I ain't the one that got the summons😁