COLD DARK ROOM

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
Don't fall for his bs...he's been a member here before most of ya'll.

OMG...so painful. I'm so sorry....
I know. ๐Ÿ˜ŠIt states that clearly beside his name. But then there's that thing about trying to support TFO in some way because they've supported me. That was in ways money can't buy. That's why I did it. I'd have done it sooner but I couldn't figure out how. It has the added benefit of no ads.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
You know Miss Cathie, if you ask nicely, I'll bet Tom has "flown" an Osprey or two before! Or maybe they don't adapt well to working with a person. I agree, they are beautiful birds. They can be more attractive than Bald Eagles because you typically see the Eagles at distance.

I posted a vid somewhere a while back, prob last summer of an osprey learning to dive.....or he was a really crappy hunter!

That day we went around the bend down at the water at the Nook and saw 3 Bald Eagles in a row, up close and personal, or the pair that landed in the tree in Kerry's backyard.......those are gifts!
Bald Eagles are really beautiful too but the Osprey has always fascinated me since being a young adult. Even more than Eagles. I first saw them in the Gulf just soaring above beautiful and regal and the next thing you know they're dive bombing a fish. It was so funny. Yes it's very much a gift. I'd like to see that video.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
I love technology! https://spaces.hightail.com/space/WsA01bSftv

There's the vid. I just looked at it again before posting.......not bad for me, using my phone....LOL

Mark,

I've used these for 2 years and of course gave Kerry a set..... you or others might like these too;
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07P7K2FHK/?tag=exoticpetnetw-20

I often tease folks about wifi enabled devices.... When Kerry's cousin and husband came up to visit a couple of weeks ago, Craig revealed that he had, after checking his phone, 43 devices connected. I nearly fell off my chair laughing but they are very into the whole geek thing & everything having voice control....they like it and they aren't stupid about the cost so it's their choice & I certainly respect that. They know I love them both, it just kinda shocked me! LOL
I'm guessing we gotta have a few members with even more?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I love technology! https://spaces.hightail.com/space/WsA01bSftv

There's the vid. I just looked at it again before posting.......not bad for me, using my phone....LOL

Mark,

I've used these for 2 years and of course gave Kerry a set..... you or others might like these too;
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07P7K2FHK/?tag=exoticpetnetw-20

I often tease folks about wifi enabled devices.... When Kerry's cousin and husband came up to visit a couple of weeks ago, Craig revealed that he had, after checking his phone, 43 devices connected. I nearly fell off my chair laughing but they are very into the whole geek thing & everything having voice control....they like it and they aren't stupid about the cost so it's their choice & I certainly respect that. They know I love them both, it just kinda shocked me! LOL
I'm guessing we gotta have a few members with even more?
Darn the video wouldn't for some reason run. But thanks for trying ๐Ÿ˜ŠI love WiFi. I pay a lot less for my prepaid Verizon smart phone and can use it for all my Bluetooth stuff cameras etc. I never use any or very little of my data even though I blab here and do all kinds of stuff now on my phone. Thanks to people here on TFO trying to help me learn ๐Ÿค— Verizon will probably give me another discount on Joe's smartphone soon too. Joe can still use his iPad that's been retired because of 5g starting in 12/22 for free now. I used to pay $50 a month for that. Our visitors can use it too and it's secure. WiFi pays for itself ๐Ÿคฃ

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Darn the video wouldn't for some reason run. But thanks for trying ๐Ÿ˜ŠI love WiFi. I pay a lot less for my prepaid Verizon smart phone and can use it for all my Bluetooth stuff cameras etc. I never use any or very little of my data even though I blab here and do all kinds of stuff now on my phone. Thanks to people here on TFO trying to help me learn ๐Ÿค— Verizon will probably give me another discount on Joe's smartphone soon too. Joe can still use his iPad that's been retired because of 5g starting in 12/22 for free now. I used to pay $50 a month for that. Our visitors can use it too and it's secure. WiFi pays for itself ๐Ÿคฃ
Oh no ๐Ÿ˜ฎ I looked at the second thing you posted and office max have those type on closeout. I could turn them off when I want to and I don't even have to be home.eeek.๐Ÿ˜

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I had a really interesting day today ๐Ÿ˜. My doctor's office and a government agency to help Joe set up an appointment with us without calling me first. It was on the same day at the same time give or take on my doctor visit. And Joe's only day to be able to work because he's developmentally disabled and deaf and can't understand. If they write take out the trash it means take out the trash. He was trying to think ๐Ÿ˜œ it's not full you people are crazy. It turned out to be perfect timing. After I was done with the phone appointment for Joe my doctor showed up. Of course, I knew he'd want to see my tortoise because he has 2 friends with torts ๐Ÿ˜Š. He asked what my tortoise's name was. Well... when I said Sapphire he assumed he is a she.๐Ÿ˜... and of course I said how can you assign a gender to a rock ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜he had to say technically you are correct hahaha. God it was fun. So I told him you gotta introduce your friends to TFO. I know they'll love it. Sorry I'm blabbing so much. It was just too perfect.๐Ÿค—

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
It's always good to hear people enjoying life......sorry the vid didn't work for you. The baby is scrumptious! I loved having little ones......

Saw Dr Chiro again yesterday.....one headache in over two weeks! THAT is gold for me! He said that once we get them resolved, once a month ought to keep them at bay. I told him that the number of pills in my med bottle doesn't tell lies....I have plenty which means I haven't been using them, that's the proof I was looking for. Everything that he's done has been soft-tissue treatment....no cracking. I'm glad I selected a multi-disciplined guy.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good morning/afternoon all,
I've been without internet for a while - something to do with the phone line which the company has been working on in my road, and because my wi fi router has to connect via the phone line I've not had access. All fixed now though and there is talk of compensation which is the least they can do. I should upgrade my mobile phone then I wouldn't have to rely on my laptop.

I'm glad to see you're all well and been busy. Lovely pics of birds, blossom, ospreys and a very handsome young man enjoying some spring weather to cheer up a grey wet day here.

We've had a few lovely spring days lately but today the rain is back. A long range forecast I was looking at, predicts quite a few showers for spring and summer - if correct, I'm pleased about that. I would hate another long, dry summer again this year. We'll have to wait and see though, it could change.

Easter is here already! This year is whizzing by - more than a quarter of it gone already!
I hope you all have a good Wednesday.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Good morning/afternoon all,
I've been without internet for a while - something to do with the phone line which the company has been working on in my road, and because my wi fi router has to connect via the phone line I've not had access. All fixed now though and there is talk of compensation which is the least they can do. I should upgrade my mobile phone then I wouldn't have to rely on my laptop.

I'm glad to see you're all well and been busy. Lovely pics of birds, blossom, ospreys and a very handsome young man enjoying some spring weather to cheer up a grey wet day here.

We've had a few lovely spring days lately but today the rain is back. A long range forecast I was looking at, predicts quite a few showers for spring and summer - if correct, I'm pleased about that. I would hate another long, dry summer again this year. We'll have to wait and see though, it could change.

Easter is here already! This year is whizzing by - more than a quarter of it gone already!
I hope you all have a good Wednesday.
I love my phone and all it is is a prepaid smartphone. I absolutely hate computers with windows. Maybe I would like a Mac better but really I'd rather just upgrade my phone. There's something about them that I can understand a little better. I still can't comprehend everything they can do. I've read that they are becoming the most powerful device you have. Plus you really still have internet even if you don't have internet and WiFi in your home. My carrier does give me a huge discount for having Internet and WiFi but if that's down I still have my phone. It's a win win. We're having a beautiful day and the stormy weather we're supposed to have is late yeah ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜ but we'll probably get something soon. According to the forecast I probably better wait for remounting my bird feeder camera until Friday.๐Ÿฅบ. My little crawling baby Sapphire should be able to go outside in the next few days and he loves dandelions too.๐Ÿค—

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
It's always good to hear people enjoying life......sorry the vid didn't work for you. The baby is scrumptious! I loved having little ones......

Saw Dr Chiro again yesterday.....one headache in over two weeks! THAT is gold for me! He said that once we get them resolved, once a month ought to keep them at bay. I told him that the number of pills in my med bottle doesn't tell lies....I have plenty which means I haven't been using them, that's the proof I was looking for. Everything that he's done has been soft-tissue treatment....no cracking. I'm glad I selected a multi-disciplined guy.
I'm so glad for you. Migraines are horrible. I used to get some for a different reason. I hope they become a distant memory in your past soon.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Well... The gnarly weather is about to strike. It's only about 3 1/2 hours late but it's whipping up and flickering the lights. ๐Ÿ™

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Oh, THERE's Lyn.......glad you are getting the tech squared up!

Yeah, it was pretty beautiful yesterday. Or is that pretty and beautiful?

Kerry's bringing my mulch over while I'm at work and to help me in basement patching/painting. After coming up last night "Hon, there's a lot more patching to do". Now she's in patch mode, not paint mode. Hopefully we'll finish the prep today and start painting tomorrow. Once the paint in big room is done, they can empty the pod and this little blip-event can be over. I'll complete the new bath over the next few weeks. I will end up with a newly remodeled basement left in pristine condition. I'm so grateful, this would have taken me a year to clear that "pit of despair" but the flood caused it to happen in less than 6 weeks start to finish and I haven't had to do hardly any of the actual work!

Noah, I get you!

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Praying for rain. ๐Ÿ’ฆ๐Ÿ’ง๐Ÿ’ฆ๐Ÿ’ง

Ive just finished putting down a few bags of fertilizer (Milorganite) and it sure would be nice if the forecast thunderstorms come through & wash it all into the roots.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Praying for rain. ๐Ÿ’ฆ๐Ÿ’ง๐Ÿ’ฆ๐Ÿ’ง

Ive just finished putting down a few bags of fertilizer (Milorganite) and it sure would be nice if the forecast thunderstorms come through & wash it all into the roots.
I'm still waiting on the promised rain and "bad" weather today.and it's 5:30. About the time I put the bird feeder camera back up tomorrow it all might show up. I'll try to send it your way lickety split.๐Ÿ’จ

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
I woke at 1:30 and went out to make some coffee and get moving. Kerry comes out an hour later cause now she can't sleep....we chat then I go outside....splash on the rug. "Did it rain honey"(forgetting that I saw the warnings before going to bed at 6pm). "Yes, it poured & you slept right through it" The skylight in my room is directly over my bed.....oblivious to it all I guess but I think Mark got his wish.

She brought the mulch in the pickup so she didn't trash her car...and she had already drug the wheelbarrow out and had moved some of the bags when I got home. We moved the rest then I went in the patch drywall while she spread it with a rake.

I tactfully asked her what she was thinking about when we would go back to the nook. She responded; "I was thinking that we will be done Saturday morning so maybe Sat afternoon?"

Ouch

That means that 966SF of ceiling in three rooms & 1300SF of wall is going to be sanded and painted by Sat morning. Roughly 30 hours from now and I work at the office today. I told you guys, she's an over-achiever...

Can I come hide somewhere, anyone?

LOL

Enjoy the day guys~!

MaNaAk

Southend
I can't wait to see some of the 3's shenanigans. Dominic and Natalie are young with 3 little monkeys.๐Ÿ˜ Two boys and one girl. My other grandchild TJ is about to have a boy which will bring the great grand total to 5 because my other grandson also had a son. I still have 3 grandchildren not of age yet hope and pray ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜ like I've said before LOOK out they multiply โŒ๐Ÿค— I hope Isabella gets at least gets another girl in the family to help her control all those boys ๐Ÿ˜
How many children and grandchildren do you have @Cathie G?

MaNaAk