COLD DARK ROOM

MaNaAk

Location (City and/or State)
Southend
Forecasters called for another nice sunny cool day. Our choice for a roadtrip was:
➡️ Washington DC Tidal Basin - to walk about the famous Cherry Trees
➡️ Rehoboth Beach - trip to the ocean, walk the boardwalk & beach
➡️ Blackwater National Wildlife Refuge - trip to the Eastern Shore & spot all the migratory fowl & spot Eagles.

And the winner:

View attachment 355636
We've had the opposite in the UK.

MaNaAk

MaNaAk

Southend
I woke at 1:30 and went out to make some coffee and get moving. Kerry comes out an hour later cause now she can't sleep....we chat then I go outside....splash on the rug. "Did it rain honey"(forgetting that I saw the warnings before going to bed at 6pm). "Yes, it poured & you slept right through it" The skylight in my room is directly over my bed.....oblivious to it all I guess but I think Mark got his wish.

She brought the mulch in the pickup so she didn't trash her car...and she had already drug the wheelbarrow out and had moved some of the bags when I got home. We moved the rest then I went in the patch drywall while she spread it with a rake.

I tactfully asked her what she was thinking about when we would go back to the nook. She responded; "I was thinking that we will be done Saturday morning so maybe Sat afternoon?"

Ouch

That means that 966SF of ceiling in three rooms & 1300SF of wall is going to be sanded and painted by Sat morning. Roughly 30 hours from now and I work at the office today. I told you guys, she's an over-achiever...

Can I come hide somewhere, anyone?

LOL

Enjoy the day guys~!
No 🤣!

MaNaAk

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
How many children and grandchildren do you have @Cathie G?

MaNaAk
I have 2 son's, 2 adopted grands and 5 blood grands, 3 adopted great grands and 1 blood great grand with another 1 on the way. It's getting lively around here.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
I thinking its used in the garden for starting a hole. Good job!

✅✅ Yes, a garden “dibber”.

What is a dibber used for?

A dibber is a long, stick-like tool used to make holes for seeds and seedlings to make sure they're sufficiently buried in the soil without damage. The width of a dibber will vary and thinner dibbers are best suited to sowing seeds and cuttings, while planting small bulbs requires a thicker tool.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
✅✅ Yes, a garden “dibber”.

What is a dibber used for?

A dibber is a long, stick-like tool used to make holes for seeds and seedlings to make sure they're sufficiently buried in the soil without damage. The width of a dibber will vary and thinner dibbers are best suited to sowing seeds and cuttings, while planting small bulbs requires a thicker tool.
I was afraid to even guess on that one.🙃

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I was afraid to even guess on that one.🙃
I really need your help on this bird. I'm thinking young grackle but t's not a bird I've ever seen before. If it is I probably would not have noticed in time anyway.1680975158168.jpg

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
I really need your help on this bird. I'm thinking young grackle but t's not a bird I've ever seen before. If it is I probably would not have noticed in time anyway.View attachment 355907

Not sure, but it has a fancy coloration on head & neck. Not sure really.

Grackles have a bright yellow eye.

FBAF8C27-E0A8-41FC-A793-9914FA421D5C.jpeg

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Not sure, but it has a fancy coloration on head & neck. Not sure really.

Grackles have a bright yellow eye.

View attachment 355908

I'm still thinking it's just a young one maybe because of the color pattern even if it's not developed full color yet. I haven't been able to get a really good picture yet without blurring. It's not the full size of a grackle yet and boy am I glad the whole flock didn't decide they like my yard. The eyes remind me of a grackle though. I can always be wrong. I do know I've never seen a bird like this in my life and I've always watched them.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
A few minutes later View attachment 355802😜and I just got sent pictures of what happened right down the street from me that I didn't know happened. As it turns out less than 2 miles away at my favorite Kroger's they went through something different. This is what the tornado did to their sign.7711.jpeg
7709.jpeg
And this happened close also. I guess our city got tore up pretty bad. That shows how much I'm in touch with reality.😮