COLD DARK ROOM

Lyn W

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK
Good morning and belated Easter wishes! I hope you all had a good weekend.

We've had very squally weather the last few of days with winds of over 40mph in my area and such heavy rain - not spring like at all.:(
The weekend was lovely but what a change since Monday.
I've been away for a long weekend at my sisters house in the Midlands - and Lola came too! Our first holiday together.
I found a huge plastic box that I was able to set up with his heating etc for travelling in the car and he was able to have time out of it when we arrived too. There was more luggage for his needs than my own!
It's not something I'd put him through regularly but it was the only way I could get to see my nephew and his wife before they move out to California in a couple for weeks for 3 years when he'll be working on an air force base. So Lola had to come too.
I have a funeral to go to today so I'll have to catch up with you all later.
I hope everyone is well.
TTFN

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl

We've had very squally weather the last few of days with winds of over 40mph in my area and such heavy rain - not spring like at all.:(
I've been away for a long weekend at my sisters house in the Midlands - and Lola came too! Our first holiday together.
I found a huge plastic box that I was able to set up with his heating etc for travelling in the car and he was able to have time out of it when we arrived too. There was more luggage for his needs than my own!
It's not something I'd put him through regularly but it was the only way I could get to see my nephew and his wife before they move out to California in a couple for weeks for 3 years when he'll be working on an air force base. So Lola had to come too.
I hope everyone is well.
TTFN
How was the smell? Did Lola make it the whole trip without 💩?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster

I hope everyone is well.
TTFN
I'm sorry to see you've lost someone. Hopes and prayers for all in that. Our weather is finally looking up and Sapphire got to be outside yesterday and today. It's worse than packing a diaper bag for a child. I know what you mean. I've tried that once 🤔it's worth it. No worries, no hurry while you say goodbye for now. And see you soon stuff. 🤗 Hopefully they'll visit you during that time. I bet they do.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
How was the smell? Did Lola make it the whole trip withou

TIMELY

Matilda moved in almost 3 yrs ago(in june)....she doesn't stink, ever.....she's lived inside and out and her tank never smells. She has been in all winter.....and won't get out till my flood pile is taken away. Yesterday she's just turtling around and I was wounded and stayed home. Around 11 am, I pick her up and she's got some weird stuff hanging out the rear, I figure a leaf is trapped...and wipe it off...it wasn't leaf debris & it's NASTY....and I'm a plumber! If she was a girl, I'd never date her again, smelling like that!

Clemson the big Sulc used to poop big dry odorless balls....Matilda, that's just nasty girl!

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
I like cool stuff, it's not a secret. I also have emphysema which can interfere when I'm doing those impressive Superman displays of strength & bravado in front of Kerry to show off(some of us never grew into adults).
It's just a bad look for Superman when snorkeling on a Reef, to come up to the surface gasping for breath for 4 minutes to be able to hold breath for one to go back down. I'm not a surface-snorkeler, I like getting close but not touching.
....so it goes without saying that I have been watching these evolve for the past 15 yrs, get smaller, better, cheaper.

Kickstart funded in 2022, July'22 production started, great reviews

Here is the SUBNADO!

Jeff's "Vacation Toy of the year"....Airline approved 98kwh battery and it fits in a carryon. Size of a 14" coke can. Recharges in 1.2 hrs, lasts 30high-50low speed minutes or so of actual trigger pulling, so probably about 1.5 hrs on the reef.

Superman, becomes Iron man underwater! LOL

These things look to be a blast....my only two hesitations are
1. the non-replaceable battery pack
2. how much use I would get out of them AFTER vacation.

I wouldn't know if the battery pack is physically possible to remove till I have one on my hand, We can always build a new pack if we can get the old one out.

The canoe we bought last Fall might solve #2.....I would mount them just aft of midships, .....LOL

Subnado2.jpg
Subnado.jpg

Maro2Bear

10 Year Member!
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Here’s another money saver.

I need to buy a large container of wood glue. WoodCraft has the item I want on “sale” but the Shipping fees associated with a gallon of glue are just as expensive as the glue itself.

Soooo, i had the item in my virtual shopping cart, looked at shipping & moved on. I can zip over to Lowes & get what I want.

Today, I get this in my mail queue -

949293B2-EF84-4238-A8DF-D0C507863FD1.jpeg

Maro2Bear

10 Year Member!
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
I like cool stuff, it's not a secret. I also have emphysema which can interfere when I'm doing those impressive Superman displays of strength & bravado in front of Kerry to show off(some of us never grew into adults).
It's just a bad look for Superman when snorkeling on a Reef, to come up to the surface gasping for breath for 4 minutes to be able to hold breath for one to go back down. I'm not a surface-snorkeler, I like getting close but not touching.
....so it goes without saying that I have been watching these evolve for the past 15 yrs, get smaller, better, cheaper.

Here is the SUBNADO!

Jeff's "Vacation Toy of the year"....Airline approved 98kwh battery and it fits in a carryon. Size of a 14" coke can. Recharges in 1.2 hrs, lasts 30high-50low speed minutes or so of actual trigger pulling, so probably about 1.5 hrs on the reef.

I wouldn't know if the battery pack is physically possible to remove till I have one on my hand, We can always build a new pack if we can get the old one out.

The canoe we bought last Fall might solve #2.....I would mount them just aft of midships, .....LOL

View attachment 356032
View attachment 356033

Sell them at the resort before you fly back home.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
How was the smell? Did Lola make it the whole trip without 💩?
Thankfully no poop on the 2 hour journey there or on way back. He'd had a good one the day before, but I did take lots of supplies to cover all eventualities! His travelling box was lined with rubber mats and then spongey dog mats so I think they must have reduced the vibrations. He was a good boy for me!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I'm sorry to see you've lost someone. Hopes and prayers for all in that. Our weather is finally looking up and Sapphire got to be outside yesterday and today. It's worse than packing a diaper bag for a child. I know what you mean. I've tried that once 🤔it's worth it. No worries, no hurry while you say goodbye for now. And see you soon stuff. 🤗 Hopefully they'll visit you during that time. I bet they do.
Thanks Cathie - the funeral was for an old school friend and neighbour who had breast cancer. She thought she'd beaten it a few years ago but sadly it came back with a vengeance. I haven't seen her for a while but just wanted to pay my respects - her Mum is 98 and still lives across the street from me.
Hopefully I will get to see my nephew and his wife when they come home, I have been invited to CA but I don't like airports and flying - too much hassle.
I'm sure they won't be short of visitors from the UK though as they have lots of family and friends queuing up to maker the trip!

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good afternoon/evening all
The rain has stayed with us today but I think dry weather is on the way from tomorrow. One of my nephews is doing a local marathon on Sunday and his wife is doing a 10k on part of the same route so I'm pleased it will be dry but not too warm for them. I'll be going to cheer them on if I can find a way of getting near enough to the route with all the road closures.
This week has gone by in the blink of an eye and I hope you all have a lovely weekend.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK

Here is the SUBNADO!

View attachment 356032
View attachment 356033
I once went snorkelling when I was on holiday in Malta. Not too far off shore but it was amazing to see the different species of fish. I don't think I would have gone if they'd told me that great white sharks had once been caught in the area!:eek:

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
My little birds are about to get a rude awakening 😊 and especially the two cowbirds I've seen 😉. Starting tomorrow I'm going to be feeding them stuff that cowbirds won't eat but it will be different than what they're used to around here. They'll probably all be mad about it hahaha. But I'm sure they'll be back. Hopefully my research on the internet was correct. Cowbirds supposedly won't eat suet, safflower seeds, thistle and nyger seeds, and peanuts. Especially because of the cost of doing that for a while. That's the only thing I know to do short of breaking the law and using a bb gun or a slingshot. Starlings are one thing and grackles is another but cowbirds are dunfur in my book. I'll stop feeding for the safety of the other birds if this doesn't work.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
MS Cathie declares war on the cowbirds, pics at 6! Lol

Good luck filtering your attendees at your feeder.

Wow Lyn, I'm happy that you got a chance to snorkel...its like swimming in a big aquarium! A lot of folks miss that opportunity so I'm always happy when folks do cool stuff.

Don't know if anyone caught the story in the News yesterday. Apparently, Superman is going to live forever! I showed Kerry the study, she now figures I'm good to 135 years old.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
It's not six yet but I have a pick of the gun I intend to use against those lazy cowbirds. They won't even build their own nest to take care of their eggs 🤔. However... I have filet mignon for my birds after they accept it that the cowbirds hate.😁IMG_20230415_163303051.jpg