COLD DARK ROOM

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
Whichever those are, they''re beautiful!
They're going quickly. It looks like it's snowing crab apple petals around here. The next door neighbor has ornamental and they have pink petals. It's even building up on the sidewalk like snow petals šŸ¤—IMG_20230416_151001460.jpg

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
"An Ohio woman was arrested tonight in an odd case of...." (We just know they would add the word "Senior" to the headline, I didn't have the heart though.)

Here it comes guys.....Ms Cathie and her felonious behavior! With your neighbors so close, you will want to think about this since you need to be patient and gently squeeze! You don't want a "miss" and yes, of course I'm gonna encourage.....

Today started sunny and now looks like it might rain. Yesterday started with thunderstorms and ended BEAUTIFUL! We were so tired but how can you NOT take a walk when its that nice?

I saw a red fox running across my neighbors yard while Andrew was here and talking in the driveway. He came back with his guy and they hauled the flood pile today.....awwwww, feels better already.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good afternoon/evening all,
It's been a grey and slightly damp day today but perfect for the runners in the 10k and 26.2mile events. My nephew and his wife both finished their respective races and looked pretty good after wards. (I think he may have started the race, found a pub and then rejoined it on the way back! :D šŸŗ)
It was my nephew's first marathon and he did it in just over 4 hours which considering he hadn't really trained for that distance was great. His wife finished her 10k in just over an hour which was a personal best for her. I got to spend the day with little Isaac and my sister and b-in-law while we waited for them which was lovely. It was incredible to see so many people of all abilities taking part. I only just managed to run for the bus to get me there this morning!
I hope you have all had a good Sunday.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Well... the little house finches and my doves like this new strange food. The dang starlings do too. I haven't seen a single cowbird though yet.IMG_20230416_180327316_HDR.jpg

Maro2Bear

10 Year Member!
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Hi guys I have missed you so very much, But work and life are killing me.
Slooowwllyy..
A friend of mine went to his house, upstate in upstate New York while he was cleaning out the leaves from under a deck he found a little black rock. I swear itā€™s the size of a quarter. I am dying to know what type of turtle this is that heā€™s found. I donā€™t want to be one of the extinct ones that youā€™re always telling us not to keep. And Iā€™m not sure heā€™s a great owner if he intends to keep it.Anyone have a clue what kind of turtle this is and how to care for it would be greatly appreciated.. thanks guys!

Attachments

• A60FCF65-C318-4B06-A3A1-B0252A5A3FCB.png
    A60FCF65-C318-4B06-A3A1-B0252A5A3FCB.png
    189.7 KB · Views: 2

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
View attachment 356166Does anyone know what flower this is? Also can Opo eat it?We had a rose bush in that area that we neglected. So it finally gave up and then last year this plant popped up with 2 flowers and has went crazy.
Hey Ray, glad to see you! I think either those are pansies or maybe morning glory since you said it ran rampant? I really donā€™t think Opal should eat any of it but thatā€™s just my opinion wait to see what the experts say

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Hey Ray, glad to see you! I think either those are pansies or maybe morning glory since you said it ran rampant? I really donā€™t think Opal should eat any of it but thatā€™s just my opinion wait to see what the experts say
Thanks, I am interested in what type of turtle that is you posted.

Maro2Bear

10 Year Member!

Darn, i hate saying, no, so Iā€™ll say, Iā€™m pretty confident that they are neither pansies or morning glory. šŸ™.

They have the look of Impatiens, but i donā€™t think that either. Florida has all kind of unique flowers that we donā€™t see up here.

I wouldnt feed either. Stick with your grasses, hibiscus & cactus.

Aaaaaagh, found it. Cape Periwinkle

EA69C195-BEAE-4A49-901E-098C244CE945.jpeg

Cape periwinkle is suitable for USDA zones 10-11. So depending on the climate, cape periwinkle grows as an annual, tender perennial, or evergreen ground cover in warm climates. You should grow the sprawling vining plant in full sun or partial shade where there is good drainage.

Apart from growing as flowering ground cover, cape periwinkle is suitable for planting in beds, borders, containers, and drought-tolerant gardens.

Last edited:

Maro2Bear

10 Year Member!
Hi guys I have missed you so very much, But work and life are killing me.
Slooowwllyy..
A friend of mine went to his house, upstate in upstate New York while he was cleaning out the leaves from under a deck he found a little black rock. I swear itā€™s the size of a quarter. I am dying to know what type of turtle this is that heā€™s found. I donā€™t want to be one of the extinct ones that youā€™re always telling us not to keep. And Iā€™m not sure heā€™s a great owner if he intends to keep it.Anyone have a clue what kind of turtle this is and how to care for it would be greatly appreciated.. thanks guys!

It could be a baby Box Turtle given location foundā€¦.NY & buried in leaves. They look a bit flat & odd when young. We sure could use a better pix!

Glad to hear from the Chef !

Maro2Bear

10 Year Member!
It could be a baby Box Turtle given location foundā€¦.NY & buried in leaves. They look a bit flat & odd when young. We sure could use a better pix!

Glad to hear from the Chef !

My money is on baby boxieā€¦

Eastern Box turtles are a mainly terrestrial species that inhabit grassland and woodland regions that have water sources such as ponds. They are commonly found in the southern and southwestern areas of New York.

Look at the bottom left pix..