5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
Dear Cathie,

Did you do anything special today?

Natrah
Dear Natrah,
First I woke up and felt a bit better after the cold I've had. My most special thing today though was I was able to take Sapphire outside because the weather was pretty perfect for him. It has been so hot the past couple of days I haven't. It was so hot a tortoise would hate it. I want him to be outside as much as possible to soak in some sun for the few winter months coming up too quickly. Also I found out he actually enjoys that I play with his feet on the way out and back inside. I always check his little feet and claws for dirt etc when I carry him. He loves to get a foot massage 😉🤗
Cathie 😘🤣

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Well Rose wasn't feeling well for 2 days. Tested positive for covid today. Also my well pump started short cycling. I let the pressure out of the system. Check the Valve stem for pressure or water. Nothing! Put my compressor on the 28psi and tried to put air in. Wouldn't take air so I turned up the pressure to 100psi and still wouldn't take air. Tried Google to see if the inner value stem is replaceable. Getting mixed messages but the one that seemed prevalent. Was the inner valve stem is replaceable like a bike or car tire. But the valve is smaller and no where to get the removal tool or valve stem. I think the companies that make them want it that way. So I guess a new pressure tank but I believe it is still under warranty.
I hope Rose is feeling better now and the pump issue is soon resolved.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Dear Natrah,
First I woke up and felt a bit better after the cold I've had. My most special thing today though was I was able to take Sapphire outside because the weather was pretty perfect for him. It has been so hot the past couple of days I haven't. It was so hot a tortoise would hate it. I want him to be outside as much as possible to soak in some sun for the few winter months coming up too quickly. Also I found out he actually enjoys that I play with his feet on the way out and back inside. I always check his little feet and claws for dirt etc when I carry him. He loves to get a foot massage 😉🤗
Cathie 😘🤣
Happy birthday Cathie ! Sorry I missed it on the day.
I hope you had a good day.

Lola hates his feet being touched and will instinctively pull them in.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good morning /afternoon all.
It's still very hot here and we've even had the hottest day of the year this week. Thankfully it will be back to normal soon.
Lola is still loving the sun and can't wait to get out of the door to his basking spot, while I stay in the shade and keep cool.

I see they've had an earthquake in Morocco which has killed almost 300 people so I've been thinking of Adam and Wifey. The epicentre was near Marrakech which is south west of Fez so hopefully they've not been affected too badly.
Can you let us know how you are Adam? @Tidgy's Dad

My neighbours are out in force with kids screaming, adults swearing and shouting and dogs barking - which they don't attempt to quieten. So although Lola won't appreciate being inside, for the sake of sanity, I'm taking myself out for a while.
I hope you are all enjoying the weekend so far and I'll se you later.
TTFN

Maro2Bear

10 Year Member!
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Thanks Mark, I called a plumber that I have done business with. He gave me some info. I think I made a bone head move. I will check tomorrow, I didn't get a chance today. I had a doctor's appointment. If I made the bone head move. I will definitely share!😁

Ray, this is the video that i watched. I’m not too sure it can help you at all…

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Happy birthday Cathie ! Sorry I missed it on the day.
I hope you had a good day.

Lola hates his feet being touched and will instinctively pull them in.
That's how I knew he actually likes it. He relaxed and let me. He even kind of took part in it. I've done it every day he gets outside for years. Maybe he's getting used to it. Thank you for the happy birthday wishes. I'm just starting to celebrate that I managed to hit the big 7 0 and will try to celebrate the whole year. So you're not late 😘

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I thought I might regret planting a Crepe Myrtle for a while. I was afraid it might be too big and it still might be when it's done. However look at these three blossoms. And I have two babies on the way too. What's nice is the flowers stick around for a nice long time.IMG_20230909_161618894_HDR.jpgIMG_20230909_161330083.jpg

MenagerieGrl

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
El Sobrante, CA.
I thought I might regret planting a Crepe Myrtle for a while. I was afraid it might be too big and it still might be when it's done. However look at these three blossoms. And I have two babies on the way too. What's nice is the flowers stick around for a nice long time.View attachment 361208View attachment 361209
I love them, around these parts they shape them as a tree, or a bush. Just trim in the off season so you don't lose the beautiful Blooms...they are very forgiving!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I love them, around these parts they shape them as a tree, or a bush. Just trim in the off season so you don't lose the beautiful Blooms...they are very forgiving!
I can just see my front yard next spring already. Between the Crab Apple and my newest monster it'll be a feast of blossoms.oh my garsh

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
I can just see my front yard next spring already. Between the Crab Apple and my newest monster it'll be a feast of blossoms.oh my garsh
My mother in law lives in Akron and we got her a crape myrtle 15 years ago. It is doing well but not very tall due to the harsh Ohio winters. Mine in VA are 20 years old and I keep them trimmed T 10' tall

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Well Rose wasn't feeling well for 2 days. Tested positive for covid today. Also my well pump started short cycling. I let the pressure out of the system. Check the Valve stem for pressure or water. Nothing! Put my compressor on the 28psi and tried to put air in. Wouldn't take air so I turned up the pressure to 100psi and still wouldn't take air. Tried Google to see if the inner value stem is replaceable. Getting mixed messages but the one that seemed prevalent. Was the inner valve stem is replaceable like a bike or car tire. But the valve is smaller and no where to get the removal tool or valve stem. I think the companies that make them want it that way. So I guess a new pressure tank but I believe it is still under warranty.
Sorry Ray.
I've been out of the loop.
If that pump has a standard SCHRADER valve, they mostly install and remove the same way and all work the same way (Allow air in. But not back out)
Is the air coming back out? Or not going in at all?
It could be frozen/rusted into its fitting. I can't visualize it in my mind. But it's likely some sub assembly that will need to be replaced. Valve and fitting included.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230909_231919_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20230909_231919_Samsung Internet.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 1

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Is anyone in touch with Adam?
I wonder if that Moroccan earthquake effected him?
I've still got his phone number somewhere. (We haven't spoken in a while)

Hi Zeropilot it’s me chef.
I have been wondering about Adam myself.
I am extremely concerned because I just heard the bad news and the death toll has now reached over two thousand!!!!
I can’t even get my head around that!?!?
If you hear from him could you please let’s us know if he and wifey are ok?.

I sincerely hope you are getting better day by day as I heard about your situation.
That blew my mind as well!!!

Just take it slow. As I get older I question myself as to WHY THE HECK am I rushing all of the time???!!!!
Where’s the dam finish line already!??
And what the hell is my prize??????

God threw me a twist though and I think it is to remind me to slow down and smell the roses, enjoy a night sky, look at tic tac…

He threw me REPTILES!!!!!
A tortoise
A red eared slider
AND OF ALL THINGS A FRIGGIN SNAIL!!
The SLOWEST OF ALL CREATURES ON THIS EARTH!!
(Even though I do loooove them sooo much) 🤭
Ok… that adt rant is over…
Back to you and Tidgy…..

You = slow your roll!
Tidgy = please call us!!! 🙏🙏🙏🙏❤️❤️❤️

MaNaAk

Southend
Good afternoon everyone!

We are having a heatwave in the UK and Jacky my 87 year old Greek Spur-thighed Tortoise has forgotten about hibernating. She was slowing down and eating less but now she is very active and eating more. I noticed this morning she was basking and then she had some breakfast after soaking and then she made for the shade at 11.00 am!

Natrah