COLD DARK ROOM

zolasmum

5 Year Member
We used to have a bat around regularly - we called him Acro. One morning I found him in the bathroom,sitting on a sponge (a bit like Jacky) We put up some bat boxes. but eventually we didn't see Acro any more, and there haven't been any around for a long time. It might be because of the building next door. Sad, anyway.
Angie

jeff kushner

Location (City and/or State)
North of Annapolis
I hope you all had a nice long weekend. Sorry to hear bout your range Lyn, smart to turn the gas off. No gas explosions!!

Ray's recipe sounds like a U.P. recipe...

The goal of working Kerry like a rented mule this weekend kinda backfired. We did get everything done outside but she was already working when I got home from work on Friday, I did some plumbing(new water heater) then I got out there with her. We got it all done but it took me till just after dark. I sent her in when the mosquitos came out. I'm not kidding, she will get swarmed. Then instead of wanting to go to the park on Sun, we (She) went though every single of 197 boxes in the basement, removed all my things to a separate room and daughters boxes ready for moving out. The youngest daughters EZpass car saga came to a head with a suspension notice and her and boyfriend came over for a nice dinner and to chart a path forward later Sunday. We got her in the right direction and helped them to understand what they had to do tomorrow. Kerry and I had talked ahead of them coming of course and for me, this isn't about beating her up for past mistakes. I don't want her looking backward figuring out repayment on a shoestring budget but instead, I want them to move forward, maybe get a storage unit and get her stuff moved out(leveraging LOL).

Thank God we were busy today....while I dying this morning, Kerry made a fruit bowl to go to daughters for BBQ earlier today. I took a fast pic in case I dropped it going outside to the truck. It was hot but nice, all my kids were there and even ex was on good behavior. She made a great pineapple upside down cake, one of my two favs and she nailed it. Her husband was there, a really nice guy but apparently has a pulmonary biopsy tomorrow morning, he still has a lot going wrong with him. Poor ex told me that she's exhausted from constantly having to care for him. They have been married 4 maybe years I think, he DIDN'T have major stuff going on for one. I feel bad for her but we all make choices. She is a good person and really doesn't deserve that.....just think, she had me for 25+ years, she deserves Sainthood, not sickness. Kerry strangely agrees....hmmm, wonder why!

Happy Labor Day!

20230904_110252.jpg

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I hope you all had a nice long weekend. Sorry to hear bout your range Lyn, smart to turn the gas off. No gas explosions!!

Ray's recipe sounds like a U.P. recipe...

The goal of working Kerry like a rented mule this weekend kinda backfired. We did get everything done outside but she was already working when I got home from work on Friday, I did some plumbing(new water heater) then I got out there with her. We got it all done but it took me till just after dark. I sent her in when the mosquitos came out. I'm not kidding, she will get swarmed. Then instead of wanting to go to the park on Sun, we (She) went though every single of 197 boxes in the basement, removed all my things to a separate room and daughters boxes ready for moving out. The youngest daughters EZpass car saga came to a head with a suspension notice and her and boyfriend came over for a nice dinner and to chart a path forward later Sunday. We got her in the right direction and helped them to understand what they had to do tomorrow. Kerry and I had talked ahead of them coming of course and for me, this isn't about beating her up for past mistakes. I don't want her looking backward figuring out repayment on a shoestring budget but instead, I want them to move forward, maybe get a storage unit and get her stuff moved out(leveraging LOL).

Thank God we were busy today....while I dying this morning, Kerry made a fruit bowl to go to daughters for BBQ earlier today. I took a fast pic in case I dropped it going outside to the truck. It was hot but nice, all my kids were there and even ex was on good behavior. She made a great pineapple upside down cake, one of my two favs and she nailed it. Her husband was there, a really nice guy but apparently has a pulmonary biopsy tomorrow morning, he still has a lot going wrong with him. Poor ex told me that she's exhausted from constantly having to care for him. They have been married 4 maybe years I think, he DIDN'T have major stuff going on for one. I feel bad for her but we all make choices. She is a good person and really doesn't deserve that.....just think, she had me for 25+ years, she deserves Sainthood, not sickness. Kerry strangely agrees....hmmm, wonder why!

Happy Labor Day!

View attachment 361065
That's an awesome fruit salad 😋 so cute. I'm going to try my best to remember that one. Just for GP. It will be the best addition to a family get together if I can.😊

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I don't know if anyone has heard the news. Ohio news is celebrating that a couple of flamingos were spotted in our state. I guess they were avoiding the hurricane and will be heading home soon.🤗😉our state gets some interesting birds that aren't supposed to be here now and then.😁

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
You are up early or is it "late" M? LOL

I get to tease my brother today.....he turns 60. I need to call to remind him that being mortal sucks for him! LOL. It's 1:40AM I think in Flagstaff...is it too early to call him now? LOL
He's actually doing pretty well since he got the jumpstarter installed a few years back. His body is good, strong like bull & he's in excellent shape, but he got Dad's heart issues. That girl seems to be agreeing with him. She's very good for him because she can keep up.

Bats....you guys will get mad at me, but I learned "instinctive shooting" using bats. Think you're good? try a bat, you will become one with "humility" LOL .....only way is not to aim....use your instincts. Don't worry guys, not that many bats were ever actually hit but it makes for the toughest shotgun drill I ever tried!

I'm not so sure the birds are "escaping" as much as they might be "blown in" Ms Cathie...but its cool that your News notices!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster

I get to tease my brother today.....he turns 60. I need to call to remind him that being mortal sucks for him! LOL. It's 1:40AM I think in Flagstaff...is it too early to call him now? LOL
He's actually doing pretty well since he got the jumpstarter installed a few years back. His body is good, strong like bull & he's in excellent shape, but he got Dad's heart issues. That girl seems to be agreeing with him. She's very good for him because she can keep up.

Bats....you guys will get mad at me, but I learned "instinctive shooting" using bats. Think you're good? try a bat, you will become one with "humility" LOL .....only way is not to aim....use your instincts. Don't worry guys, not that many bats were ever actually hit but it makes for the toughest shotgun drill I ever tried!

I'm not so sure the birds are "escaping" as much as they might be "blown in" Ms Cathie...but its cool that your News notices!
I doubt if the birds allowed themselves to be blown in. They probably just decided to listen to the evacuation orders 😁. They'll get back to their agenda soon ☺️ birdies do that.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
I doubt if the birds allowed themselves to be blown in. They probably just decided to listen to the evacuation orders 😁. They'll get back to their agenda soon ☺️ birdies do that.
There is a movie about a bird watcher and some drama between him and his dad. Anyway it is a true story. There was a hurricane coming towards Louisiana. Ahead of the hurricane many different species of birds came ashore. I will try to find the name of the movie.
The movie is called the Big Year.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
There is a movie about a bird watcher and some drama between him and his dad. Anyway it is a true story. There was a hurricane coming towards Louisiana. Ahead of the hurricane many different species of birds came ashore. I will try to find the name of the movie.
The movie is called the Big Year.
I'm going to have to watch that movie. I'll be looking. I'm sure my family will love it too.

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA

Ha I did moths and bb guns growing up.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
I just got a bit of good news from youngest daughter, the one with the $3,950 in ezpass fines + MVA fines.

She just texted me to let me know the EZpass lady reduced her total to just $537!

Wow, she did quite well.....better than I thought she would be able to do....maybe I need to give her more credit?

Cool stuff.,....

Guess she's off to the MVA now.....somewhere inside I have an aching feeling that the MVA will find a way to fine her 3400, right? LOL

Maro2Bear

10 Year Member!
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA

Attachments

• D0DE2003-F094-40B8-9D24-08A381044782.jpeg
    D0DE2003-F094-40B8-9D24-08A381044782.jpeg
    1,022.9 KB · Views: 1
  • 69E445F0-ADD4-44DD-AEF8-83BE47DE42D6.jpeg
    69E445F0-ADD4-44DD-AEF8-83BE47DE42D6.jpeg
    769.8 KB · Views: 1
  • DECD627C-B101-427C-B8DC-DDC25322884C.jpeg