COLD DARK ROOM

jeff kushner

Location (City and/or State)
North of Annapolis
I was wondering what you could do with a huge tub....seems like there has to be another great use for it....but I didn't come up with anything.

On another note......didn't I hear "they don't shed or smell" pertaining to rabbits here once?
Whom is it sweeping up rabbit hair? Hmmmm? LOL

Anyone ever ride the Acela train? I'm trying to talk my son into going on the Acela.....it's worth the premium in admission to me just to do something cool! The Acela is a high speed train that goes 150mph DC to NY. I've been 150mph in planes, bikes and a car....never on a train! Seems like that might be a "bucket list" kind of thing? Flying the Zapata Flyboard is also on it too, in case anyone here hits that nearly 2billion dollar lotto and feels generous towards their friends!

enjoy the day.............

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Dumb thing......

I just spent 42 minutes(by the clock) looking for a beeping Smoke detector!

FORTY TWO minutes and it was making NOISE! LMAO......

I found 4 total unmounted smoke detectors, two not activated, one used and one beeping!!!! In the process I took down and replaced the batteries of 2 units in the basement, then retrieved the good batteries from the trash and put the new ones away....LOL, it wasn't them.

Yup, over half hour.....my patience was "right there" 30 minutes as I debated whether I would hear it if I just left it......but I heard it to know it was beeping so I knew it would drive me nuts if I did. 6 more cleared shelves and bingo, finally! It ended up being in a small box at the edge of the bottom shelf. The sound was reflecting off the ceiling and steel main beam so that I couldn't tell where in the heck it was coming from, even standing on a bucket!....did I mention 42 minutes?

Sometimes we all feel like idiots, I seem to do it more often than those around me do.....but hey, God & my folks made me, blame them!

I'm not sure I'm going to tell Kerry about this though. She will seize on the "hearing aid" thing again....took me a week to distract her last time! I keep telling her, superman doesn't wear hearing aids....so far! LOL

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Dumb thing......

I found 4 total unmounted smoke detectors, two not activated, one used and one beeping!!!! In the process I took down and replaced the batteries of 2 units in the basement, then retrieved the good batteries from the trash and put the new ones away....LOL, it wasn't them.

Yup, over half hour.....my patience was "right there" 30 minutes as I debated whether I would hear it if I just left it......but I heard it to know it was beeping so I knew it would drive me nuts if I did. 6 more cleared shelves and bingo, finally! It ended up being in a small box at the edge of the bottom shelf. The sound was reflecting off the ceiling and steel main beam so that I couldn't tell where in the heck it was coming from, even standing on a bucket!....did I mention 42 minutes?

Sometimes we all feel like idiots, I seem to do it more often than those around me do.....but hey, God & my folks made me, blame them!

I'm not sure I'm going to tell Kerry about this though. She will seize on the "hearing aid" thing again....took me a week to distract her last time! I keep telling her, superman doesn't wear hearing aids....so far! LOL
I can truthfully say I don''t have that problem. Razberri is house trained. She has a large cat litter box for a nest and a porcelain on steal dish pan filled with Timothy hay. She just sheds hairy dust bunnies now and then. She looks ridiculous 😊 of course there's the hay mess and a whisp broom playing figure eights now and then also. 😜 she's so much fun. She only weighs 5.5 lbs so how much fluff and stuff can she cause 😅🤔

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
I was wondering what you could do with a huge tub....seems like there has to be another great use for it....but I didn't come up with anything.

On another note......didn't I hear "they don't shed or smell" pertaining to rabbits here once?
Whom is it sweeping up rabbit hair? Hmmmm? LOL

Anyone ever ride the Acela train? I'm trying to talk my son into going on the Acela.....it's worth the premium in admission to me just to do something cool! The Acela is a high speed train that goes 150mph DC to NY. I've been 150mph in planes, bikes and a car....never on a train! Seems like that might be a "bucket list" kind of thing? Flying the Zapata Flyboard is also on it too, in case anyone here hits that nearly 2billion dollar lotto and feels generous towards their friends!

enjoy the day.............
Another crazy but exhilarating is doing 120mph on a snowmobile on a frozen lake.

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
Dumb thing......

It's just an age thing, when you are young you hear a noise and look at it. But when you are older you hear a noise and look for it.
Dumb thing......

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
Kitchen is coming along. The big counter is downstairs and will be installed later due to vacation. The small counter needs to oiled and finished and its for the two sides of the range. Almost got all of the cabinets but the last base cabinet was damaged and has to be reordered. Just order the pulls from Prime day and am look8ng for a range hood. Oh the small things but getting to the end20231011_022304.jpg
20231011_022344.jpg

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
BD, do you do side jobs? LOL.....my kitchen could use new cabinets. The homeowner put them in so nothing is aligned.

Slow day today. Started the week with 4 "things to do" after work...

Haircut
oil change
Chiropractic appt
New tires

Guess which one is still left on my list?
pro tip;
Its the one that costs 1150 dollars!

Haircut conundrums;
I got my haircut yesterday......I go to a regular barbershop owned by a woman in my community. there are 4 total girls.....all older, two are very good, two aren't so much. I walked in and only the two "bad" barbers are there. Grandma and the aging Hippee. Great girls to BS with and I've known them for 15 years but that doesn't mean they can cut hair.

What would you do? Leave?

I've wrestled with this my entire adult life....what do you do when you walk in and the only Barber there, sucks?
I can't be so rude as to leave....I just can't. To me, its the same as someone looking at you as a dating interest and saying out loud, in front of you "I'll pass".

LOL

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
BD, do you do side jobs? LOL.....my kitchen could use new cabinets. The homeowner put them in so nothing is aligned.

Haircut
oil change
Chiropractic appt
New tires

pro tip;

Haircut conundrums;
I got my haircut yesterday......I go to a regular barbershop owned by a woman in my community. there are 4 total girls.....all older, two are very good, two aren't so much. I walked in and only the two "bad" barbers are there. Grandma and the aging Hippee. Great girls to BS with and I've known them for 15 years but that doesn't mean they can cut hair.

I've wrestled with this my entire adult life....what do you do when you walk in and the only Barber there, sucks?
I can't be so rude as to leave....I just can't. To me, its the same as someone looking at you as a dating interest and saying out loud, in front of you "I'll pass".

LOL

buy clippers and diy

zolasmum

5 Year Member

Haircut
oil change
Chiropractic appt
New tires

pro tip;

Haircut conundrums;

LOL

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Kitchen is coming along. The big counter is downstairs and will be installed later due to vacation. The small counter needs to oiled and finished and its for the two sides of the range. Almost got all of the cabinets but the last base cabinet was damaged and has to be reordered. Just order the pulls from Prime day and am look8ng for a range hood. Oh the small things but getting to the endView attachment 362332
View attachment 362331
It's going to be beautiful when it's done. Blue walls in a kitchen works for me. Ours is light green with a blue ceiling. It's a cold color and the cook usually needs cool anyway they can get it.😊

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster

Haircut
oil change
Chiropractic appt
New tires

pro tip;

Haircut conundrums;

LOL
Poor you 😭 do you look funky today? You could have said oops I just got a message that I'm needed elsewhere. It wouldn't be a lie. Your mind said run!!! I don't want a bad hair day for months.😁

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
No, Ms Cathie, I don't look "funky", I look very Groovy though...you get that, when the Hippee cuts your hair.

it's really fine. When it's short and she's 70 (and I'm nearly there), she can't really mess it up too too much at this point. They charge me $13 because they love me.....or maybe cause they figure a 20 will give them a tip? I give them 10.....any more is kind of obnoxious but 10 isn't much for someone to spend 1/2 hr on, regardless of talent.

Hey, M The Flowbee was new in the box for $350 on Fleabay during Covid. I was surprised so many were still around!
I did the "shaggy dog" during covid...kerry was in Fla, I'm not dating anyone else and couldn't go into a store....no girls, no haircut....no other need for one, is there?

Reading Angie's response got me to be a little more honest with myself over the reasons......when I read her response, I immediately thought, "That's a nice idea but why do that, I'm already there".....so that kinda tells me I'm an active player in this since "being already there" carries more weight than "bad haircut", apparently. Thanks Angie LOL

Tire appointment is made for tomorrow after work. His total was 1172 or something like that for tires includ balancing and disposal.....my estimate out the door tomorrow will be 1520. Not just for tires but the other stuff I don't yet know that I need. LOL My contribution to a local business....and his 2 guys have been there for years and they are both Aces.

Got my helmet out last night....it's been a while. I went to charge the BT intercom on my helmet and it wouldn't take a charge. I ordered and received the new one today but they changed the base plate & the plug adapters so none of my old parts fit! I HATE when they do that! I had to pull my speakers, mic and baseplate off and replace it all. It paired w/ my phone easily and sounds great. I want to take Kerry's bike out for a ride this weekend.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
I can't understand what is wrong with natural hair colour!
You sound like your Mum.......LOL I'm teasing.....

Now comes the 5am ramblings

I've come to the obvious conclusion that each generation feels for whatever reason, the need to be "different". The 50's had rock & roll much to the consternation of many parents of the day. My gen did the "long hair" thing.

Point is Natrah, some of us are purists.....no tattoos, no piercings, no hair colors and some are not.
I didn't go out with a girl if she had piercings beyond her ears and navel....or tattoos. No judgements, just not attractive to me at all. Why mess with perfection?

Now? These days...the more outrageous you are, the more attention you garner and that seems to be the driving force for many. ATTENTION is the new "shrine" of the insecure. Now, the single most desired career in grade school for Kerry's second graders is to be "A You-tuber" . My own grandson was financed a few years ago when he wanted to be a Vlogger.

It's cool to me though I was a bit surprised when the boy with the cute makeup opened the Drive thru window a few weeks back......would be boring to watch life just be the same ole thing......I like that they do different stuff, even if I think half of it is stupid....still fun to watch.....fun like the Keystone Cops were.

MaNaAk

Southend
You sound like your Mum.......LOL I'm teasing.....

Now comes the 5am ramblings

I've come to the obvious conclusion that each generation feels for whatever reason, the need to be "different". The 50's had rock & roll much to the consternation of many parents of the day. My gen did the "long hair" thing.

Point is Natrah, some of us are purists.....no tattoos, no piercings, no hair colors and some are not.
I didn't go out with a girl if she had piercings beyond her ears and navel....or tattoos. No judgements, just not attractive to me at all. Why mess with perfection?

Now? These days...the more outrageous you are, the more attention you garner and that seems to be the driving force for many. ATTENTION is the new "shrine" of the insecure. Now, the single most desired career in grade school for Kerry's second graders is to be "A You-tuber" . My own grandson was financed a few years ago when he wanted to be a Vlogger.

It's cool to me though I was a bit surprised when the boy with the cute makeup opened the Drive thru window a few weeks back......would be boring to watch life just be the same ole thing......I like that they do different stuff, even if I think half of it is stupid....still fun to watch.....fun like the Keystone Cops were.
I'm a purist as well and I can't see the need to put myself through pain to get piercings or tattoos also I see some women in very provocative clothes. I'm a bit tired because I had a late night after rehearsal and the police turned up because they were looking for the neighbour in the flat above. I could've done without that and now I feel like hibernating with Jacky!

Natrah