COLD DARK ROOM

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Palm Bay Fl
Any time with our kids is a good time Ray, you know the drill; "Can't wait for them to grow up, can't wait for them to come home" He's my "pita" kid....he's "old" at 33. Picky, regimented and doesn't like "different" unless he decides it. He has never as an adult, taken a vacation, just him or him and a girl. Never..... See, "old"!
I love them all the same but I'm realistic too, I'll actually be surprised if he agrees to go even though it's my treat.

You Tube has a whole selection of "Bison fails" Natrah! Thou hast not felt wrath till it's delivered by a 1000KG creature who frankly my dear, doesn't give a damn! (yes, it was intended movies fans)LOL People can be so dumb but at least their demise or maiming can give us examples to teach our kids. "See that honey, that's a dumbazz, don't be a dumbazz". I'm quite sure that none of my children would ever approach a wild animal...ever. See, the teaching examples worked!

A Bison's HEAD alone is almost a meter(for my UK friends) high and 3/4 meter wide, its angry, hairy, smells bad and has horns!.....really wanna mess with that? The Devil himself couldn't have designed a scarier presentation! My ability to accurately judge danger has kept me alive so far.......approaching a Bison is pure danger with all risk, no gain!

I never figured out what breaks inside folks to make it important to them to get affirmation from strangers for.....you know, the whole social media thing. Especially the ones that take intentional risks to get a pic. When I hear they fell off a mountain, I just give Darwin a nod and move on. At least my last words won't be "did you get that?" before I splat like a tomato hitting a brick wall!

Yellowstone has been on my bucket list for a long long time. I have been out there but didn't go because I didn't have the time to really enjoy it. It's 3 states big isn't it? Kerry and I have talked about spending a month out there but it's still a dream at this point! Dreams are good though.....

I finally saw my Dr Chiro yesterday AS a migraine was just beginning. I've been waiting since I began seeing him in Feb or Mar for that to happen. I told him and he had already felt the difference in my neck. He did his magic and it actually prevented it from coming....no migraine last night!

enjoy the day guys
Glad you headed off your migraine.
No pun intended, or maybe there was😁

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Any time with our kids is a good time Ray, you know the drill; "Can't wait for them to grow up, can't wait for them to come home" He's my "pita" kid....he's "old" at 33. Picky, regimented and doesn't like "different" unless he decides it. He has never as an adult, taken a vacation, just him or him and a girl. Never..... See, "old"!
I love them all the same but I'm realistic too, I'll actually be surprised if he agrees to go even though it's my treat.

You Tube has a whole selection of "Bison fails" Natrah! Thou hast not felt wrath till it's delivered by a 1000KG creature who frankly my dear, doesn't give a damn! (yes, it was intended movies fans)LOL People can be so dumb but at least their demise or maiming can give us examples to teach our kids. "See that honey, that's a dumbazz, don't be a dumbazz". I'm quite sure that none of my children would ever approach a wild animal...ever. See, the teaching examples worked!

A Bison's HEAD alone is almost a meter(for my UK friends) high and 3/4 meter wide, its angry, hairy, smells bad and has horns!.....really wanna mess with that? The Devil himself couldn't have designed a scarier presentation! My ability to accurately judge danger has kept me alive so far.......approaching a Bison is pure danger with all risk, no gain!

I never figured out what breaks inside folks to make it important to them to get affirmation from strangers for.....you know, the whole social media thing. Especially the ones that take intentional risks to get a pic. When I hear they fell off a mountain, I just give Darwin a nod and move on. At least my last words won't be "did you get that?" before I splat like a tomato hitting a brick wall!

Yellowstone has been on my bucket list for a long long time. I have been out there but didn't go because I didn't have the time to really enjoy it. It's 3 states big isn't it? Kerry and I have talked about spending a month out there but it's still a dream at this point! Dreams are good though.....

I finally saw my Dr Chiro yesterday AS a migraine was just beginning. I've been waiting since I began seeing him in Feb or Mar for that to happen. I told him and he had already felt the difference in my neck. He did his magic and it actually prevented it from coming....no migraine last night!

enjoy the day guys
Wow that's awesome. Looks like you made headway 😊 on your migraine situation.🤗 my brother's help was magnesium. He still can get one but he doesn't go through all the pain and sickness now. Just the start up flashing lights etc.and then it goes away. Congratulations on finding what you need.🤗

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Back in 1991 when I got divorced. When I started paying child support. To save money I tried sending my sons to Rwanda. In Rwanda I could feed them for a week. For about the price of a cup of coffee a day.🤣

You have to remember those charity commercials on TV to get the joke.
Don't want you all to think I was serious. 😁

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Gee Ray, all I was thinking as I read that was; "They don't have much money in Rwanda, I wonder how much he got for them"

LOL

Like many kids of that era, I tried telling my dad; "send this to them" when I didn't finish my dinner and he brought up the "starving kids'. We all know that didn't go over too well for me. LOL

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Wow that's awesome. Looks like you made headway 😊 on your migraine situation.🤗 my brother's help was magnesium. He still can get one but he doesn't go through all the pain and sickness now. Just the start up flashing lights etc.and then it goes away. Congratulations on finding what you need.🤗

This is gold for me Ms Cathie! It's been one heck of a journey getting to this point, one that spanned nearly 40 yrs. No single thing in my life has lasted so long, let that sink in for a sec. I was a little tight when I woke this morning at midnight but it passed mostly. I'm beginning to look ahead though and thinking about finding someone on the other side of our Bay bridge when Kerry and I get married and it's a little daunting. Dr Chiro said he would help though and he has hunting property over there so he knows a few folks there.

I have only met a few people with chronic migraines, all women....but if I could go back in time to tell them this, I would. It has indeed been "life changing" for me in a very positive fashion!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Well... I know it's another bad picture but it's just so cute. My little Downy woodpecker is just as much a monkey as the squirrel that'll steal the whole seed block if he figures the feeder out.😁😁 which has happened 😲. I hope he doesn't figure out how to untwist twist ties 😊IMG_20231004_180346372.jpg

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
This is gold for me Ms Cathie! It's been one heck of a journey getting to this point, one that spanned nearly 40 yrs. No single thing in my life has lasted so long, let that sink in for a sec. I was a little tight when I woke this morning at midnight but it passed mostly. I'm beginning to look ahead though and thinking about finding someone on the other side of our Bay bridge when Kerry and I get married and it's a little daunting. Dr Chiro said he would help though and he has hunting property over there so he knows a few folks there.

I have only met a few people with chronic migraines, all women....but if I could go back in time to tell them this, I would. It has indeed been "life changing" for me in a very positive fashion!
That's a lovely announcement as icing on the cake. Congratulations 👏

MaNaAk

Southend
Well... I know it's another bad picture but it's just so cute. My little Downy woodpecker is just as much a monkey as the squirrel that'll steal the whole seed block if he figures the feeder out.😁😁 which has happened 😲. I hope he doesn't figure out how to untwist twist ties 😊View attachment 362107
Wow he's doing a good job!

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
We have a 2016 Toyota van. I have found out that the automobile industry cannot install a moon roof. That sooner or later will start leaking. So they designed the moon roof with a drip tray. From each corner of the drip tray they have a 1/8th diameter tube that runs from the tray down the A-posts,and depending on the model of vehicle. Either the B or C post's. Well the tubes are plugged up in our van. So when it rains we get water dripping in our car. I have been looking at YouTube. Looks like a easy fix. I would prefer taking it to the mechanic. But Rose is gone till the 26th and I don't want to wait that long.

Last edited:

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
We have a 2016 Toyota van. I have found out that the automobile industry cannot install a moon roof. That sooner or later will start leaking. So they designed the moon roof with a drip tray. From each corner of the drip tray they have a 1/8th diameter tube that runs from the tray down the A-posts,and depending on the model of vehicle. Either the B or C post's. Well the tubes are plugged up in our van. So when it rains we get water dripping in our car. I have been looking at YouTube. Looks like a easy fix. I would prefer taking it to the mechanic. But Rose is gone till the 26th and I don't want to wait that long.
Air compressor with the air blower attachment then get a WD-40 spray stick (the red tube) tape it with duct tape to the basketball air nozzle and should fit. My Subaru leaked so much I use am automotive grade /UV resistant sealer and sealed it shut. I taped around it first to make it look like it was installed that way. Good luck since any hole in the roof will eventually leak
64600_I.jpg

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Air compressor with the air blower attachment then get a WD-40 spray stick (the red tube) tape it with duct tape to the basketball air nozzle and should fit. My Subaru leaked so much I use am automotive grade /UV resistant sealer and sealed it shut. I taped around it first to make it look like it was installed that way. Good luck since any hole in the roof will eventually leak
64600_I.jpg
Thanks, I like the WD40 thing. Should be pretty straight forward. I am picturing the situation and think I will not use my leg or arm prosthetic.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Those sunroof drains are a common issue on the Expeditions. This is my 3rd and the only one never to leak b/c I learned 'the trick". Once you find the drain holes, I had the best success with a long skinny air attachment that isn't shown in BD's pic but the red tube should work perfectly. Start with very low...5psi pressures. If you blow the tubes off the little nipples you will have to remove the headliner to repair. The Expeditions have two drains in the front and two in the rear, some others may be different.

"The trick" is Devil's Hydraulic stop leak wiped on the gaskets will keep them nice and "new" no leaks! I have a hard top convertible, there are 17 switches and a dozen gasketed surfaces as the hard roof lifts and folds then tucks into the trunk. It's 20 years old w/200,000 miles and does not leak, anywhere!

I got a quote yesterday for new 275/55/20 tires for my truck. $1,200 for OEM Hankook tires from a private shop! Even "my guy is $1,113! 3yrs ago the same tires cost $830.

Holy special rubber Batman, what are they made with now, gold leaf? (I sound like my Dad, right?)

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Those sunroof drains are a common issue on the Expeditions. This is my 3rd and the only one never to leak b/c I learned 'the trick". Once you find the drain holes, I had the best success with a long skinny air attachment that isn't shown in BD's pic but the red tube should work perfectly. Start with very low...5psi pressures. If you blow the tubes off the little nipples you will have to remove the headliner to repair. The Expeditions have two drains in the front and two in the rear, some others may be different.

"The trick" is Devil's Hydraulic stop leak wiped on the gaskets will keep them nice and "new" no leaks! I have a hard top convertible, there are 17 switches and a dozen gasketed surfaces as the hard roof lifts and folds then tucks into the trunk. It's 20 years old w/200,000 miles and does not leak, anywhere!

I got a quote yesterday for new 275/55/20 tires for my truck. $1,200 for OEM Hankook tires from a private shop! Even "my guy is $1,113! 3yrs ago the same tires cost $830.

Holy special rubber Batman, what are they made with now, gold leaf? (I sound like my Dad, right?)
Thanks Jeff, I am glad you said something about psi. I would have been using a 100psi.😁
I used to be a Michelin guy. Something I picked up from my grandparents. When they bought a new car, grandpa would drive it straight over. Have new Michelins put on it. The garage he went to is still on Woodward Ave. Wetmore garage has had a car coming out of the roof for 90 years. Anyway I followed tradition until I couldn't afford them anymore.
This is the best picture I could find
1696605952100.png

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Didn't we all grow up with a car coming out of a building like that somewhere in town? We had Pepboys in Glen Burnie that had one on the roof. LOL...yeah, I used to buy the Michelin LTX's too on both of my former Expeditions till they went over 300 ea. I like duration and predictability in tires assuming they stop like modern tires. I can deal with a grippy or a slippy tire as long as it's predictable. These are getting great miles, do rain well and I can drift an Expedition around an exit ramp with them if I get the urge so their ok to me. They really are that predictable.

Kerry got me an appt with the Lung Dr...in like a day, for the 25th..........I've been calling for 6 mos! I think she threatens them on my behalf.

Still no Lyn? I get worried when someone I "know" disappears....the bane of the internet. Folks can get new interests and the old folks at their last point of interest, never know what happened to them.
I'm still in touch with my second ever internet friend, CherryAnn in Barbados. We have been friends since '91 and we may even meet one day. She's a wonderful, fierce & independent woman who unfortunately lives in a chauvinistic society where men act like boys. She might find her Knight yet, my fingers are crossed for her.

Life rolls on....I love that no matter how I try to predict it's path, how SURE I am that this or that will happen....it always comes out differently! Keeps it fun!

MaNaAk

Southend
My new thread is very popular I'm only pleased I can think about hibernating Jacky as I nearly lost her as well.

Natrah

PS: I'm personally dreading Daisy's first anniversary .

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
My new thread is very popular I'm only pleased I can think about hibernating Jacky as I nearly lost her as well.

Natrah

PS: I'm personally dreading Daisy's first anniversary .
What's the name of your new thread?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Didn't we all grow up with a car coming out of a building like that somewhere in town? We had Pepboys in Glen Burnie that had one on the roof. LOL...yeah, I used to buy the Michelin LTX's too on both of my former Expeditions till they went over 300 ea. I like duration and predictability in tires assuming they stop like modern tires. I can deal with a grippy or a slippy tire as long as it's predictable. These are getting great miles, do rain well and I can drift an Expedition around an exit ramp with them if I get the urge so their ok to me. They really are that predictable.

Kerry got me an appt with the Lung Dr...in like a day, for the 25th..........I've been calling for 6 mos! I think she threatens them on my behalf.

Still no Lyn? I get worried when someone I "know" disappears....the bane of the internet. Folks can get new interests and the old folks at their last point of interest, never know what happened to them.
I'm still in touch with my second ever internet friend, CherryAnn in Barbados. We have been friends since '91 and we may even meet one day. She's a wonderful, fierce & independent woman who unfortunately lives in a chauvinistic society where men act like boys. She might find her Knight yet, my fingers are crossed for her.

Life rolls on....I love that no matter how I try to predict it's path, how SURE I am that this or that will happen....it always comes out differently! Keeps it fun!
I miss them all too especially Lyn. And most of them I met here on TFO. When they do check in I usually see it because I follow them. That helps. I don't do Facebook and all that. My other friends are people I've met in life. I have a redheaded sister and the lung doctor was correct in caving in quickly 😜

Maro2Bear

10 Year Member!
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
I see everyone is acting up in here, not too much going on other than normal mayhem & chaos By one and all.

We‘ve been busy staying out of the Summer heat. Gardening, picked a ton of tomatoes & peppers & butternut squash.

Finally some rain & a cold front has moved in. Some proper cool Autumnal weather. With overnight temps now forecast for low 40s for awhile we decided to lug our Sully monster inside for a long Winter nap. It’s much easier now that ive done this a few times. Night box all set up, lights on timers, overhead heat.

back to lurking about.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I see everyone is acting up in here, not too much going on other than normal mayhem & chaos By one and all.

We‘ve been busy staying out of the Summer heat. Gardening, picked a ton of tomatoes & peppers & butternut squash.

Finally some rain & a cold front has moved in. Some proper cool Autumnal weather. With overnight temps now forecast for low 40s for awhile we decided to lug our Sully monster inside for a long Winter nap. It’s much easier now that ive done this a few times. Night box all set up, lights on timers, overhead heat.

back to lurking about.
I actually froze some sliced green tomatoes for frying later. When I saw my neighbor trying to clear out his tomato plants I knew I was going to have fried green tomatoes soon.🤗. He brought me a box. I think he was sick of trying to keep up with 3 or 4 plants. They've been giving me tomatoes so they don't have to deal with the onslaught 😭🤗