COLD DARK ROOM

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Palm Bay Fl
Hey @jeff kushner here is a picture of a 2" PVC drain fitting. Looks like the male end went inside and then they packed in plumbers putty. I have messed with those types of fittings, but never made of PVC. Would you suggest my son cut it out and replace. Or just repack and if so is it plumbers putty?
View attachment 361987

Hey @jeff kushner here is a picture of a 2" PVC drain fitting. Looks like the male end went inside and then they packed in plumbers putty. I have messed with those types of fittings, but never made of PVC. Would you suggest my son cut it out and replace. Or just repack and if so is it plumbers putty?
View attachment 361987
After thinking about it for awhile. I decided this was a classic????? I will leave it at classic 😁

MaNaAk

Southend
Well two more days and Nanay (my mother in law) and I will be on our own for about a month.
The trip Rose was going to take to Japan and Korea. Was canceled because of the covid. So she will be leaving Sunday night for about a month. She will first be going to the Philippines. Then she will bring her niece to Korea. They will meet up with some friends there. After their stay there they will be going to Japan. Then back to the Philippines. Her niece is 20 years old and her first time being out of the Philippines. Also her first trip on a plane. Should be a good time for all.
Will they be going to Malaysia where my dad comes from?

Natrah
View attachment 361987
I was having breakfast when I found this!

Natrah

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Yesterday was a day of rest. Matilda was out enjoying the sun all day once it appeared. Saturday we spent our last day working in Kerry's front yard....it got so bad, I began singing slave songs. LOL We put down a layer of seed covered by peat moss. If it doesn't grow, I suggested AstroTurf. We could have carpeted her front yard with what we've put into it, including padding! At some point (Where we are right now- HERE) we have to stop the bleeding.

I put together an itinerary for a trip to NYC Freedom Tower later this month while the girls are all at my daughters prewedding party, to go with on my son. I'm thinking a train ride from Penn station in Balt to NY, a taxi to the Tower, do the vip tour, then a taxi to the Manhattan heliport for a short helo tour then back to the train station. I'm not sure he'd want to go up in the air, but we'll see. He tends to be a lot more cautious than his dad but he's also much smarter than I am, so there's that. LOL I sent it all to him in an email....we'll see.

Enjoy the day guys.......

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Yesterday was a day of rest. Matilda was out enjoying the sun all day once it appeared. Saturday we spent our last day working in Kerry's front yard....it got so bad, I began singing slave songs. LOL We put down a layer of seed covered by peat moss. If it doesn't grow, I suggested AstroTurf. We could have carpeted her front yard with what we've put into it, including padding! At some point (Where we are right now- HERE) we have to stop the bleeding.

I put together an itinerary for a trip to NYC Freedom Tower later this month while the girls are all at my daughters prewedding party, to go with on my son. I'm thinking a train ride from Penn station in Balt to NY, a taxi to the Tower, do the vip tour, then a taxi to the Manhattan heliport for a short helo tour then back to the train station. I'm not sure he'd want to go up in the air, but we'll see. He tends to be a lot more cautious than his dad but he's also much smarter than I am, so there's that. LOL I sent it all to him in an email....we'll see.

So much interesting stuff to do on the east side of the States. Enjoy!

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
I'm waiting 😁 to see why 🤔
To make a long story short. As radio broadcasting started evolving. Sometime in the early 1920's they needed to bring order to keeping track who was who and where they were broadcasting from. So they decided to assign a letter or group of letters to the call signs to each country. The U.S. was assigned A for army,N for navy and X and W for commercial broadcasting. It was decided to know what region they were broadcasting. They split the region east and west of the Mississippi. The original regions the W for the east was on some parts of the westside. But that's a different story. So you can look at call signs around the world and see some type of pattern.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
To make a long story short. As radio broadcasting started evolving. Sometime in the early 1920's they needed to bring order to keeping track who was who and where they were broadcasting from. So they decided to assign a letter or group of letters to the call signs to each country. The U.S. was assigned A for army,N for navy and X and W for commercial broadcasting. It was decided to know what region they were broadcasting. They split the region east and west of the Mississippi. The original regions the W for the east was on some parts of the westside. But that's a different story. So you can look at call signs around the world and see some type of pattern.
My favorite station in Florida is WINK 😉 up here it's WNCI. I can't remember what I heart radio is in the west 🤗

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
My favorite station in Florida is WINK 😉 up here it's WNCI. I can't remember what I heart radio is in the west 🤗
But I'll know where to start looking if I ever get out that way again.😊

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl

That sounds like a great time.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Any time with our kids is a good time Ray, you know the drill; "Can't wait for them to grow up, can't wait for them to come home" He's my "pita" kid....he's "old" at 33. Picky, regimented and doesn't like "different" unless he decides it. He has never as an adult, taken a vacation, just him or him and a girl. Never..... See, "old"!
I love them all the same but I'm realistic too, I'll actually be surprised if he agrees to go even though it's my treat.

You Tube has a whole selection of "Bison fails" Natrah! Thou hast not felt wrath till it's delivered by a 1000KG creature who frankly my dear, doesn't give a damn! (yes, it was intended movies fans)LOL People can be so dumb but at least their demise or maiming can give us examples to teach our kids. "See that honey, that's a dumbazz, don't be a dumbazz". I'm quite sure that none of my children would ever approach a wild animal...ever. See, the teaching examples worked!

A Bison's HEAD alone is almost a meter(for my UK friends) high and 3/4 meter wide, its angry, hairy, smells bad and has horns!.....really wanna mess with that? The Devil himself couldn't have designed a scarier presentation! My ability to accurately judge danger has kept me alive so far.......approaching a Bison is pure danger with all risk, no gain!

I never figured out what breaks inside folks to make it important to them to get affirmation from strangers for.....you know, the whole social media thing. Especially the ones that take intentional risks to get a pic. When I hear they fell off a mountain, I just give Darwin a nod and move on. At least my last words won't be "did you get that?" before I splat like a tomato hitting a brick wall!

Yellowstone has been on my bucket list for a long long time. I have been out there but didn't go because I didn't have the time to really enjoy it. It's 3 states big isn't it? Kerry and I have talked about spending a month out there but it's still a dream at this point! Dreams are good though.....

I finally saw my Dr Chiro yesterday AS a migraine was just beginning. I've been waiting since I began seeing him in Feb or Mar for that to happen. I told him and he had already felt the difference in my neck. He did his magic and it actually prevented it from coming....no migraine last night!

enjoy the day guys