COLD DARK ROOM

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Palm Bay Fl
Cute. I'm thinking you have skinks. I'm not sure what my grandson has around him. He promised more pictures. He thinks Death Valley is really pretty in it's way. So do I from the pictures. He said it is really hot but there's always a breeze so it doesn't feel bad.
Yes that looks like a skink.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Thanks, it's just strange to see them here in Baltimore. I have only seen them when I was in Bermuda, it was climbing on the wall of the Bus stop.
That might be a lizard. But skinks are a type of lizard. The skinks skin generally stays shiny like a snake skin. But some types of adult male skinks color changes to olive green.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Warren, it is a 5 lined skink. Are yours still out and about? I live near Gibson Island, bout 15 miles from you I think and mine have been gone for a month. They are quite abundant in this region, you may not have noticed them before or you may have a new colony that has moved in. Nearby construction can cause colonies to migrate. The one you saw in Bermuda looks like the chameleons we saw there. My wife nearly bailed from our Casita at Las Brisas(the old Victor Hugo inn) in Mex. years ago b/c a chameleon got inside! She wasn't a fan at all!

I had a rough night so I'm working from home today. Have I ever mentioned how much I love that new "thing"?

Ms Cathie, my hummers are sadly gone. I'll leave the feeders out for while for any travelers....but it was a cool summer for sure.

Got some great News last night.........Kerry's son is moving to an apt! Hmmm, last year we were both a little worried how we were going to get the last kids started in life on their own and out of our respective homes. My daughter, her son.....They will end up both moving inside a 3 month period, problem solved!

After Kerry told me that Linc found a place, I began grilling her; Are all 3 cars going?, how about the 2 boats? Will it fit all his stuff?
She stops me and says' "Let me talk". "Look, I'm so happy he's moving, I'm not worried about 1 car & 1 boat parked on the side of the house" Well, she sure put it into perspective.....I guess I just got excited. Trust me, I'm not a fan of sleeping with a woman with her kid in the house any more than most girls are going to spend the night at her BF's house with his kid there. It's just a little weird, no matter how much you love the kid or the girl.....Just say'in.

I love life, it always weaves a course unknown and unforeseen. It's a lot more fun than trying to control its' course, for me and one heck of a lot easier!

Last edited:

Darkjade

5 Year Member
Ohio
Hello, nobody in particular.
Welcome to Tidgy's Dad's Cold Dark Room.
Not expecting a lot of visitors in this pointless place, but this is where I live now.
It's good in here.
If anyone does visit, please feel free to say what you want( within forum guidelines, of course) and I will be happy to be silly, slightly insult you or ignore you completely which you are most welcome to do to me.
I will of course venture out occasionally, when I think I can be useful or annoying, but otherwise I live here now.
No advertising, let's see who spots me.
This is where i belong.
Tidgy is most unconcerned.
I needed this today!!! Lol!!! I’ve been up most of the night with Leo! He’s my Russian and he wasn’t feeling the best or at least I thought he wasn’t…. Turns out, he just wanted to sleep! He’s up and moving and doing very well. Eating right now but this post caught my eye and made me smile and laugh (out loud!) thanks for posting! I didn’t really need anything. Except maybe just to say what I did! So again! THANK YOU!

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
Got the final coat of Waterlox sealer on the countertop applied now I just have to wait 3 weeks to apply a finish wax coat. It is Sapele wood which is like mahogany and it is so worth the effort. 4 coats Tung Oil followed with sanding with 320 grit then 2 coats of the sealer with 320 grit sanding in between- a minimum of one day in between each and every coat depending on the weather. Finally got the refrigerator in the kitchen and hooked up to the water line so it is making ice! Now to install the gas line so I can hook of the stove. Trim on windows is gonna be slow for re-install as I have 100 years of paint to remove first. I will have more pictures soon once the rest of the cabinets I want get back in stock.

Attachments

• IMG_4320.jpeg
    IMG_4320.jpeg
    669.8 KB · Views: 2

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Got the final coat of Waterlox sealer on the countertop applied now I just have to wait 3 weeks to apply a finish wax coat. It is Sapele wood which is like mahogany and it is so worth the effort. 4 coats Tung Oil followed with sanding with 320 grit then 2 coats of the sealer with 320 grit sanding in between- a minimum of one day in between each and every coat depending on the weather. Finally got the refrigerator in the kitchen and hooked up to the water line so it is making ice! Now to install the gas line so I can hook of the stove. Trim on windows is gonna be slow for re-install as I have 100 years of paint to remove first. I will have more pictures soon once the rest of the cabinets I want get back in stock.
Beautiful wood and finish.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Yesterday while I was outside getting Matilda's home ready for winter, I got super lucky and found my basement areaway sump pump humming locked up. If it floods, so does my home...and we know I don't want to make a call to them for at least a couple of years, right? LOL I took it apart, cleared the impeller and it wouldn't run with the cover on...the reason wasn't obvious so I spent an hour looking for the Wayne pump, brand new that I couldn't find! I hate when that happens! Geez, so God bless tech, I ordered it last night and one was waiting for me when I got home. So I sent the mowers out and tackled that task & relocated the float to hanging from the pipe so it works better.

Kerry told me that her son is moving on the 14th so I offered to help and asked, "When will Son remove his 2-seater corvette so can I put my 2 seater in her garage??? LOL, not that I'm in a rush to move him out or anything.....and no, it's an SLK, I don't share the common issue corvette owners seem to have been afflicted with! I'm teasing guys....just teasing, mostly.

LOL

Enjoy the day.........

STILL no Lyn?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Yesterday while I was outside getting Matilda's home ready for winter, I got super lucky and found my basement areaway sump pump humming locked up. If it floods, so does my home...and we know I don't want to make a call to them for at least a couple of years, right? LOL I took it apart, cleared the impeller and it wouldn't run with the cover on...the reason wasn't obvious so I spent an hour looking for the Wayne pump, brand new that I couldn't find! I hate when that happens! Geez, so God bless tech, I ordered it last night and one was waiting for me when I got home. So I sent the mowers out and tackled that task & relocated the float to hanging from the pipe so it works better.

Kerry told me that her son is moving on the 14th so I offered to help and asked, "When will Son remove his 2-seater corvette so can I put my 2 seater in her garage??? LOL, not that I'm in a rush to move him out or anything.....and no, it's an SLK, I don't share the common issue corvette owners seem to have been afflicted with! I'm teasing guys....just teasing, mostly.

LOL

Enjoy the day.........

STILL no Lyn?
I use a sump pump for the water trough my snapper lives in. Over the years I must've bought 10 or 12 of them. It's on a timer to turn on at 7a and off at 5p. I always buy them off Amazon - 3/4 hp, made in China. Sometimes it lasts a couple years, sometimes it craps out in a couple months. But it's less than $60, so it doesn't hurt too much to replace it often.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Warren, it is a 5 lined skink. Are yours still out and about? I live near Gibson Island, bout 15 miles from you I think and mine have been gone for a month. They are quite abundant in this region, you may not have noticed them before or you may have a new colony that has moved in. Nearby construction can cause colonies to migrate. The one you saw in Bermuda looks like the chameleons we saw there. My wife nearly bailed from our Casita at Las Brisas(the old Victor Hugo inn) in Mex. years ago b/c a chameleon got inside! She wasn't a fan at all!

I had a rough night so I'm working from home today. Have I ever mentioned how much I love that new "thing"?

Ms Cathie, my hummers are sadly gone. I'll leave the feeders out for while for any travelers....but it was a cool summer for sure.

Got some great News last night.........Kerry's son is moving to an apt! Hmmm, last year we were both a little worried how we were going to get the last kids started in life on their own and out of our respective homes. My daughter, her son.....They will end up both moving inside a 3 month period, problem solved!

After Kerry told me that Linc found a place, I began grilling her; Are all 3 cars going?, how about the 2 boats? Will it fit all his stuff?
She stops me and says' "Let me talk". "Look, I'm so happy he's moving, I'm not worried about 1 car & 1 boat parked on the side of the house" Well, she sure put it into perspective.....I guess I just got excited. Trust me, I'm not a fan of sleeping with a woman with her kid in the house any more than most girls are going to spend the night at her BF's house with his kid there. It's just a little weird, no matter how much you love the kid or the girl.....Just say'in.

I love life, it always weaves a course unknown and unforeseen. It's a lot more fun than trying to control its' course, for me and one heck of a lot easier!
It has been an interesting fun year with the little hummingbirds.😊. I had young adults this year. I'll be taking my feeders down soon though. Probably around a week.or so. I haven't been seeing any for days and then a little straggler shows up to entertain me.🤗 so I have to wait a bit. Just to make sure no one needs a quick pick me up while they head south.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
It is a hardwood, but will ding and add character over time. I will wax it to keep up the finish
I'd never heard of that wood before but what you've made, is really beautiful!

I've seen some of the concrete counters, and some look amazing!

We bought a home in '88 that had 1970 dark blue 2x2 tile countertops in the kitchen with wooden front and end caps. It was actually pretty nice, just don't drop anything on it. It never chipped but a lot of stuff broke when it hit it.

use a sump pump for the water trough my snapper lives in. Over the years I must've bought 10 or 12 of them. It's on a timer to turn on at 7a and off at 5p. I always buy them off Amazon - 3/4 hp, made in China.

Those pumps generally aren't rated for continuous service all day and a circulating pump would likely last much longer. I'm guessing that you already know this though and are happy with your current setup....simple to maintain, I get that too.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Well two more days and Nanay (my mother in law) and I will be on our own for about a month.
The trip Rose was going to take to Japan and Korea. Was canceled because of the covid. So she will be leaving Sunday night for about a month. She will first be going to the Philippines. Then she will bring her niece to Korea. They will meet up with some friends there. After their stay there they will be going to Japan. Then back to the Philippines. Her niece is 20 years old and her first time being out of the Philippines. Also her first trip on a plane. Should be a good time for all.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Well two more days and Nanay (my mother in law) and I will be on our own for about a month.
The trip Rose was going to take to Japan and Korea. Was canceled because of the covid. So she will be leaving Sunday night for about a month. She will first be going to the Philippines. Then she will bring her niece to Korea. They will meet up with some friends there. After their stay there they will be going to Japan. Then back to the Philippines. Her niece is 20 years old and her first time being out of the Philippines. Also her first trip on a plane. Should be a good time for all.
I'm glad you'll have Naynay for company.😊

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Hey @jeff kushner here is a picture of a 2" PVC drain fitting. Looks like the male end went inside and then they packed in plumbers putty. I have messed with those types of fittings, but never made of PVC. Would you suggest my son cut it out and replace. Or just repack and if so is it plumbers putty?
IMG_2208.jpg

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Here is a little trivia for you.
Do you know the reason why radio stations east of the Mississippi River start with W.
Radio stations west of the Mississippi River start with K?