COLD DARK ROOM

Pastel Tortie

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
North Florida
Warm thoughts and dry feet to you.
Dry feet, but sore feet from all the moving critters and supplies yesterday. I was glad to finally get off my feet. :) Still waking up this morning.

The odd thing about the weather yesterday afternoon and evening... It didn't feel like a big storm was getting closer, if that makes sense. It was really humid, uncomfortably warm, and STILL. No wind, no breeze, no rain... and stayed that way until well after midnight.

That will change, though. The worst part of a hurricane is to the east side of the eye, or the northeast quadrant. The eye will be west of here.

I'm finally hearing rain outside now.

Pastel Tortie

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
North Florida
My significant other is hunkered down at work, so he's sleeping in his office starting last night and probably through Thursday morning, at least. Emergency management for the local community college. They're understaffed, and he's been busy.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
We don't get significant earthquakes in Florida. I guess that's the trade-off. At least the hurricanes give more warning... although this one caught many by surprise. :)
Thankfully, I'm not in an earthquake zone either. . . come to think of it, I guess I'm living the life! Be safe. I hope all is well when you are allowed to return home.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Dry feet, but sore feet from all the moving critters and supplies yesterday. I was glad to finally get off my feet. :) Still waking up this morning.

The odd thing about the weather yesterday afternoon and evening... It didn't feel like a big storm was getting closer, if that makes sense. It was really humid, uncomfortably warm, and STILL. No wind, no breeze, no rain... and stayed that way until well after midnight.

That will change, though. The worst part of a hurricane is to the east side of the eye, or the northeast quadrant. The eye will be west of here.

I'm finally hearing rain outside now.

You’re so lucky that you have your parents nearby. Stay dry!!

Pastel Tortie

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
North Florida
Hi Heather. If I had to move my zoo I would need a real big bus.....:eek:
Luckily there are no storms and earthquakes in Germany.:rolleyes:
Are you sure about the earthquakes? Granted, it's been years since looked into it, but I was thinking there was a fault line that ran under some of the major cities in Europe... from London to Istanbul. I want to say it hasn't been all that active, but may have experienced some activity shortly after I moved back from the UK. Maybe somewhere in the 2008 timeframe?

All disclaimers apply, as I've been preoccupied with hurricane evacuation, and I had to settle for iced coffee this morning... :)

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Better prepared after the last couple years... Hermine... Irma... Michael... I'm getting tired of the yearly evacuation to my parents' place...
Me too.
It's pure crap.
I'm soooooo glad that global warming isn't real.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Are you sure about the earthquakes? Granted, it's been years since looked into it, but I was thinking there was a fault line that ran under some of the major cities in Europe... from London to Istanbul. I want to say it hasn't been all that active, but may have experienced some activity shortly after I moved back from the UK. Maybe somewhere in the 2008 timeframe?

All disclaimers apply, as I've been preoccupied with hurricane evacuation, and I had to settle for iced coffee this morning... :)

There was a pretty bad earthquake in Italy a couple of years ago. And of course Vesuvius and Etna are both active volcanoes. Greece has had some bad ones too. The European quakes are usually not so severe as those in other parts of the world.

I’m glad you’re safe. I hope Michael doesn’t cause too much damage

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
My significant other is hunkered down at work, so he's sleeping in his office starting last night and probably through Thursday morning, at least. Emergency management for the local community college. They're understaffed, and he's been busy.
Good luck to him too. I hope he stays safe as well.