10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, South East England

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Good mornooning all.

Did you miss the CDR while TFO got its update? We have our very own Facebook group where we were able to keep in touch. Join us here :)
https://www.facebook.com/groups/785037581863143/

There’s also a TFO Facebook group where we’ve been answering the usual problems (Sulcata too cold, keeping a Russian awake for the winter, 40lb Sulcata making too much noise crashing round an apartment...). Join that here
https://www.facebook.com/groups/418799768159546/

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Happy Friday all. Windy and cold here this morning, but the cold overnight rain has passed. I was able to get my trees topped and almost all shredding completed. It’s garden clean up time - dead heading, moving in figs & banana trees, Fall organic fertilizer, trimming grape vines, fence repair, raking & composting leaves, mulching & kayaking too. Whew.. lots to do.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Happy Friday all. Windy and cold here this morning, but the cold overnight rain has passed. I was able to get my trees topped and almost all shredding completed. It’s garden clean up time - dead heading, moving in figs & banana trees, Fall organic fertilizer, trimming grape vines, fence repair, raking & composting leaves, mulching & kayaking too. Whew.. lots to do.
Makes me tired just looking at it!

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Good day to everyone.
Thought I would pop in and say hi to everyone!
I'm feeling much better today and only have a slight cough left from being sick. It's been a pleasant day, and at this moment I am sitting outside, watching Clunker munch away at some grass and weeds.
How has everyone's day been?
Glad to see that you are getting better. We are all good this side. Just glad it is weekend again. You know how I live for my weekends.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Our friend went out fossil scavenging again the other day and came back with quite the find.

Pretty darn good looking shark’s teeth! The long pointy one is from a Mako Shark and the big one to it’s right is a Megalodon Shark tooth. Megalodon (Carcharocles megalodon), meaning "big tooth", is an extinct species of shark that lived approximately 23 to 3.6 million years ago (mya), during the Early Miocene to the Pliocene.

348737E5-254B-4107-B2A3-D1369A108345.jpeg 52AC9679-FF4D-4214-B5B4-896A8835015E.jpeg

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
This morning I started to tackle the tall grass in the SA leopard tortoise yard.

View attachment 282669

That's my trusty battery operated weed eater. I love it! I have had all kinds of weedeaters, electric, gasoline powered, but the 40 watt ion battery powered one I have now is the best! I've made one pass south to north in the yard and my back is killing me. So, one pass a day. . . it may take me a month or so to complete the whole yard!

And hooray! The picture has posted!!!

I'm real sorry I didn't make a gate when I built this yard, so I can drive my toy mower in there. But the fence is assembled with screws, so it really wouldn't be too much trouble to take down a section. Maybe I'll think about that tomorrow.
I think it would be easier to amend the fencing in a day compared to mowing the lawn over how many days?

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Our friend went out fossil scavenging again the other day and came back with quite the find.

Pretty darn good looking shark’s teeth! The long pointy one is from a Mako Shark and the big one to it’s right is a Megalodon Shark tooth. Megalodon (Carcharocles megalodon), meaning "big tooth", is an extinct species of shark that lived approximately 23 to 3.6 million years ago (mya), during the Early Miocene to the Pliocene.

View attachment 282763 View attachment 282764

Ogh, I forgot the largest MEG tooth... get a look at this one.

8AF352E5-7811-4BF4-AF63-19243C6B8E82.jpeg

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
I know this is kinda Coocoo but...I have the opposite medical weight problem. But it's still a problem. I'm doing the opposite. I eat the food you can't around 5 days a week. Then take a day off now and then. I actually have finally gained some weight. All by myself! My doctor was threatening meds...I even bought some of his prescribed to help myself...but I didn't have to take them.
Oh I wish I had that problem, but unfortunately I am like Ray and need to lose the weight, it piles up on my body far too quickly.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Badgers You Say?
————————-
A police officer sees a man driving around with a pickup truck full of badgers. He pulls the guy over and says... "You can't drive around with badgers in this town! Take them to the zoo immediately." The guy says "OK"... and drives away. The next day, the officer sees the guy still driving around with the truck full of badgers, and they're all wearing sun glasses. He pulls the guy over and demands... "I thought I told you to take these badgers to the zoo yesterday?" The guy replies... "I did . . . today I'm taking them to the beach!"

source: http://www.jokes4us.com/animaljokes/badgerjokes.html

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Damn she's cute! She doesn't even look real. I'm so glad you got the tri color. I love that baby dogs and cats think of their main care-giver as "mama" and follow you around to be safe. My little kitties stay in my closet (even though the door's open, because that's where I put them when I first brought them home) until I go in there and tell them it's ok to come out . Then they follow me and play in my bedroom while I'm sitting in my recliner.
Lol. That is awesome that they recognize you as the boss. And actually do what you say.