COLD DARK ROOM

Tortoise Rescue Brenda

Location (City and/or State)
Pflugerville, Texas
Hello again CDR

Hope your all well, I’ve been busy with college, the RSPCA and the 4 tortoises (Margo, Selma, Patty and Marge) who are all doing incredibly well.

I’ve been bitten many times at the RSPCA, especially by one particular male Jamaican boa constrictor. Ah yes and I’ve been working with some vipers.... Bush vipers and eyelash vipers to be exact:eek:
Here are some pics.

View attachment 283031 View attachment 283032 View attachment 283033 View attachment 283034
Great pictures!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I was just reading another thread and a member had a link to what you are talking about. I figured out what was wrong with the thermostat. The plug was a little loose and was pulled out a bit. I spread the prongs a little for a tighter fit.

I am assuming it is like cheese cake?
Not really. It's more of a 'pudding' than a cake.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi all!
I have to go to Hamburg next Week for my job, I'm very afraid of températures! :p
I'm a South guy, not used to this kind of weather… :D
It'll be fine. Just keep telling yourself it's only temporary and you'll be back home soon! Have a safe trip.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Oh my goodness. We have seen one or two mole snakes. And my husband wanted to move away. He has a fear of snakes. But no I have actually not come across any venomous snakes as yet.

View attachment 283060

This snake visited our complex in 2007. I have a video of it, but I don't know how to get it to you tube from my work computer as it has been saved on my work computer.
The funny thing was that my husband high tailed it out of there as soon as he saw it. So we called the police to help us get it to go into the vlei. And the policeman did not want to touch it, it was up to the policewoman to help to get it into the vlei. It was actually very funny.
I wonder if the non-venomous snakes keep the others away. I've heard that they do...

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Misty finally got a first hand look ( and smell ) of an opossum. I was putting the leopards away and I heard her barking off in the distance. I always go to her when she barks because that's her job and I want to praise her, no matter what she barks at. Well, she was in the box turtle yard and barking at something at the edge of the turtle pond. It was a juvenile opossum, playing 'possum. It was on its side sort of curled in the fetal position, with its mouth open, showing those fearsome teeth. Misty wasn't harming it, just barking at it, probably telling it to run so she could chase it. I told her she was a good girl and that was enough and she left it alone. I scooped it up with the shovel and put it under the propane tank. And Misty and I went off and about our business. She's SUCH a good dog!
Yes Misty really is a wonderful dog. She just alerted you that a little animal needed moved.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I can't believe the Apple, Inc. phishing scam's list is so short that they have to revert to calling my number over and again. I'm trying to nap. I just barely get to sleep and the phone rings. It's an automated message telling me of a data breach and I need to call them back from my Apple device. At the end of the message I can hit 1 to talk to someone, or 2 to hang up. So I hit two and closed my eyes again. Same thing happened again just as I was falling asleep. Please believe me when I say that within the last hour they called me SIX times! I've hung up, pressed 1, pressed 2, tried calling the number back (you get a disconnected number recording) and ignored. They're very persistent. I don't even have a cell phone, let alone an Apple. When I hit 1 to talk to a real person it was someone in India and when I asked to have my number removed from their call list they hung up on me. I don't think I'm going to try for my nap anymore today!

Reptilony

QC, CAN
I can't believe the Apple, Inc. phishing scam's list is so short that they have to revert to calling my number over and again. I'm trying to nap. I just barely get to sleep and the phone rings. It's an automated message telling me of a data breach and I need to call them back from my Apple device. At the end of the message I can hit 1 to talk to someone, or 2 to hang up. So I hit two and closed my eyes again. Same thing happened again just as I was falling asleep. Please believe me when I say that within the last hour they called me SIX times! I've hung up, pressed 1, pressed 2, tried calling the number back (you get a disconnected number recording) and ignored. They're very persistent. I don't even have a cell phone, let alone an Apple. When I hit 1 to talk to a real person it was someone in India and when I asked to have my number removed from their call list they hung up on me. I don't think I'm going to try for my nap anymore today!
Ahhhh, I hate indian call centers.....once I just wanted to change my cellular plan, and instead of helping me, they decided to transfer me to an indian call center to try to sell me anything they have to sell for 20 min(tv's, tv's plans, cellular, cellular plans, internet plans,etc) before tranfering me back to actual help, I must have said ''no thanks'' 30 times, it's crazy how disconnected companies can be to their customers....but im a polite man so I managed to stay polite, these indian employees probably have very small salaries, the fault is on the company managers imo, taking their customers for fools...

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Yes!!!!!!!!! I'm even on the federal no call list. If???I'm waiting on a call I try to DO SOMETHING so the phone will start ringing. I've received every scam out there messages on the answering machine. If someone wants to talk to me they better start talking when the answering machine picks up or I don't waste my time.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Ahhhh, I hate indian call centers.....once I just wanted to change my cellular plan, and instead of helping me, they decided to transfer me to an indian call center to try to sell me anything they have to sell for 20 min(tv's, tv's plans, cellular, cellular plans, internet plans,etc) before tranfering me back to actual help, I must have said ''no thanks'' 30 times, it's crazy how disconnected companies can be to their customers....but im a polite man so I managed to stay polite, these indian employees probably have very small salaries, the fault is on the company managers imo, taking their customers for fools...
Yes.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Yes!!!!!!!!! I'm even on the federal no call list. If???I'm waiting on a call I try to DO SOMETHING so the phone will start ringing. I've received every scam out there messages on the answering machine. If someone wants to talk to me they better start talking when the answering machine picks up or I don't waste my time.
That’s exactly what I do. If it is important the caller will leave a message. If they don’t then I assume the caller was a scammer.

Caller display on my mobile means I can see who is calling and answer if I choose to. Unrecognised or hidden numbers just get ignored and go through to voicemail.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Good mornooning everyone. I had a hedgehog morning again this morning.

This cutey was trouble. She turned her enclosure upside down THREE times! Food and water everywhere!
B979EA16-8344-44B2-BB87-E017BA4B4887.jpeg

Turn the sound on for this one. This one was very noisily enjoying crunching on cat biscuits :)

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Good mornooning everyone. I had a hedgehog morning again this morning.

This cutey was trouble. She turned her enclosure upside down THREE times! Food and water everywhere!
View attachment 283087

Turn the sound on for this one. This one was very noisily enjoying crunching on cat biscuits :)
Surely it’s a sign of intelligence. What a cutie even if he is troublesome