Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Busy time of the year! Brumation, leaves, cleaning up gardens. I’m out in our back woods chsinsawing the tops of the trees i trimmed a few weeks back & shredded. These tops are the nasty bits with all kinds of old past growth, and too large to prune.
I’m almost done, one to go (the largest & gnarliest). Maybe I’ll build a fire..
What I really love is...I recognized the 2 that were chatting before I even got to the top of the post and I will have to press like no matter what

Last edited by a moderator:

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
After I fed, watered and cleaned up after the tortoises, my fantastic day included climbing up a ladder onto the roof and cleaning off my solar panels. My legs will be sore tomorrow. I don't think I climb properly as I'm always real sore the next day. Now I'm going to feed my faithful companion, Misty, then myself (today I'm having a Hungry Man frozen enchilada dinner) and then I'll pick up my latest D i c k Frances book to read. I may nap too.

I'm doing well.
I finally gave in and got another tort.
He is a Leopard tort hatchling that someone found in their driveway and brought to work, Wally is about 3 weeks now, and of course growing like a weed.
I traded my two dogs for two lovely kitties and they are hilarious. I really enjoyed the dogs, but really didn't have the time to really give them. The cats are a lot more independent, so it works better.
My eyes are finally fixed, so I'm realllyyy happy about that. Just in time to head into busy season at work :)
My training for my class A license of course, is on hold until after peak season is over

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
The new laptop should help you out a lot. Sunny and cool here this morning. Blue sky too. Tomorrow it should be just a tad over 60F, so I think I’m going kayaking. Spot some migratory waterfowl as they rest here along the Chesapeake Bay.
Hi Marc.
it was a really nice day here too. Definitely a good day to kayak.
I have been seriously been thinking about starting to kayak again...

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
I'm doing well.
He is a Leopard tort hatchling that someone found in their driveway and brought to work, Wally is about 3 weeks now, and of course growing like a weed.
I traded my two dogs for two lovely kitties and they are hilarious. I really enjoyed the dogs, but really didn't have the time to really give them. The cats are a lot more independent, so it works better.
My eyes are finally fixed, so I'm realllyyy happy about that. Just in time to head into busy season at work :)
My training for my class A license of course, is on hold until after peak season is over
Someone FOUND a :eek: LEOPARD TORTOISE in their driveway??!?!??!!
HOW does this even happen??!?!? :confused:
But more importantly, WHY does this never happen to ME??!!?!? :p

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
Good Morning lovely Roommates! :tort::):<3:
It is some what cool here. In the 40's. Nice and clear for now. It will rain later in the week.
I'm Checking in for now, I'm going to let everyone out, feed everyone, and go help one of my friends wrap some gifts.:D
Not see you guys later ;)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Busy time of the year! Brumation, leaves, cleaning up gardens. I’m out in our back woods chsinsawing the tops of the trees i trimmed a few weeks back & shredded. These tops are the nasty bits with all kinds of old past growth, and too large to prune.
I’m almost done, one to go (the largest & gnarliest). Maybe I’ll build a fire.
Aw. . . a fire sounds good. It's pretty cold in here this a.m. however, I neglected to bring up any fire wood, so no fire for me today, but stacking wood by the front door will be on my agenda.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I had to come back and look again at your pictures of little ones. Anymore,my critters look up and think, oh that's just that crazy lady that gives me food and water.
I'm afraid Patch and Rusty will be thinking their names are "Little Kittens!" That's what I call them and they come to me when I do.

Last edited:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I'm doing well.
That's good news about your eyes. It sure took a long time to fix them.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Aw, aren't they cute! What did you name them? My daughter recently got an orange kitten and she named him Cheeto. I guess you're gonna' have to permanently raise the blinds just a bit if you don't want them to get wrecked. I have two new little monsters too, and they get into SO much trouble!

How unusual to find a LEOPARD tortoise! That's not usually the species that gets found. He's a nice-lookin' little guy.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
No problem Ray. I am happy to take all belated birthday wishes. I hope you are okay my friend.
Heck yea!!! All the way around
I'm afraid Patch and Rusty will be thinking their names are "Little Kittens!" That's what I call them and the come to me when I do.
They're really cute. All cats must know they're kittys because Dilly comes when I call that too.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
After I fed, watered and cleaned up after the tortoises, my fantastic day included climbing up a ladder onto the roof and cleaning off my solar panels. My legs will be sore tomorrow. I don't think I climb properly as I'm always real sore the next day. Now I'm going to feed my faithful companion, Misty, then myself (today I'm having a Hungry Man frozen enchilada dinner) and then I'll pick up my latest D i c k Frances book to read. I may nap too.
Oh my garsh. I won't get on a ladder unless someone is spotting me anymore. I've fallen too many times. Once I was trying to paint the awnings and fell behind the shrubs. I forced myself to recover a bit and get up because I probably just looked like a bag of rags. I would have been found though when I got stinky...