COLD DARK ROOM

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, South East England
Someone earlier had asked for books that are tortoise related and I remembered this one:

https://tortoiseforum.org/threads/esio-trot-by-tidgys-dad.159608/

I thought it would be a shame to lose it, so I edited it to remove the comments that occurred in between the segments, and I stickied it. I thoroughly enjoyed re-reading it, and realize what a shame it is for us to not have the pleasure of Adam's company anymore.
Good idea! Adam’s retelling of the Roald Dahl children’s classic is brilliant :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
It won't be too much longer before Little Missy Kitty plays with the babies. Rusty reached up and tapped her tail and she spun around and just sat there looking down at him. Before I took the pictures, both babies were in the cube and she was sitting there watching them play.

Patch and Rusty 12-01-19 a.jpg patch and rusty 12-01-19 b.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Another grey, drizzly day here in Central California. I'm trying real hard to think of things to keep me from having to go out and feed and water the animals. Food's been prepared for about an hour, but I'm dilly dallying. I've washed a couple loads of clothes, changed sheets on my bed and made it up, soaked the two sickly box turtles that are in the hospital tank, played with the kittens, loved on Misty, took care of all my moderator duties on the Forum and checked out all Josh's other Forums to make sure there were no spammers on them. I guess it's time to go.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Well, I'm in for the day. Thursday I bought a very small portion ham and I think I'll cook that for lunch. Not quite time yet for lunch, but I can get it and the potatoes started.

When I made the first fire of the winter in the wood stove I put down a couple rags for Misty to lay by the fire.

Patch and Rusty 12-01-19 c.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I take it Misty isn’t going to get a chance to go near the fire without sharing with the cats! We have the fire lit too. We have had a bright and sunny weekend, but it has been bitterly cold. We have had woken to hard frosts each morning.
It hasn't gotten that cold here yet, but it's been overcast or rainy for the past three days. I did my morning chores wearing the umbrella hat my daughter got me last year. It kept me dry, but it's a nuisance to take on and off each time I went into a shed.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Cold dark & raining here, just kind of Wintry looking. Leaves mostly down now, our back garden looking bare except for bright red spots where our Burning Bushes are located. They look great.

Two newly made Christmas tree baubles for our tree. The painted one needs a final coat of lacquer & the plain wooden one received it’s first coating a few minutes ago. Ive just trued up another blank for tree No. 3

98591D24-A46E-466F-A69E-AABD387D084C.jpeg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Cold dark & raining here, just kind of Wintry looking. Leaves mostly down now, our back garden looking bare except for bright red spots where our Burning Bushes are located. They look great.

Two newly made Christmas tree baubles for our tree. The painted one needs a final coat of lacquer & the plain wooden one received it’s first coating a few minutes ago. Ive just trued up another blank for tree No. 3

View attachment 283417
Those are real special. You have quite a talent. My Angel is sitting on the top of the piano, waiting for my cards.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster

View attachment 283417
They are beautiful. Did you do the angels too?

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
Good Evening Everyone;)
Tonight is the official start of peak season for me.:eek: Long hours and an extra day of work scheduled a week. That's OK, I want to replace one of
sliding glass doors in the house, so that will definitely help with the cost of that :cool:
Well, I have to check on Shelly, She is not liking the weather too much. I soaked her and turned her heated box up a bit. She was being her ornery earlier, so I think she is feeling better. Shelly goes through this every year when the weather changes...talk about a Princess

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Good Evening Everyone;)
Tonight is the official start of peak season for me.:eek: Long hours and an extra day of work scheduled a week. That's OK, I want to replace one of
sliding glass doors in the house, so that will definitely help with the cost of that :cool:
Well, I have to check on Shelly, She is not liking the weather too much. I soaked her and turned her heated box up a bit. She was being her ornery earlier, so I think she is feeling better. Shelly goes through this every year when the weather changes...talk about a Princess
Saphire lays around like a princess starting late October until the middle or later part of December. I let him snooze a bit here and there. Then he becomes a Prince...and starts eating everything in sight.