COLD DARK ROOM

CarolM

Location (City and/or State)
South Africa - Cape Town
Good morning ! Here is Cinder with her latest Chewy box.. she weighs a grande 30.6 lbs. now at 5-1/2 months... Bulldogs don’t grow like most though.. it’s my understanding that they have this crazy growth for a couple of months and then after 6 months, it just planes out.. her mature weight is estimated at only 40lbs... I had her spayed this past Monday and she has done amazingly well.. my biggest trial has been trying to keep her “still”.. HA... WHAT A JOKE! She has really become my +1 for everything. I even found an app for my phone called “Bring Fido” that gives me listings of pet friendly establishments near me. Restaurant, shopping, hotels, etc....

View attachment 285353View attachment 285354
Cinder and her chew toy both have the same expressions. ? ? ?

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
@Kristoff

HAPPY BIRTHDAY dear Lena ! Have a very nice day my friend, drink champain and have a lot of fun and joy ! I am wishing you all the best for the new year of your life. May all your dreams come true.
Lots of love and hugs:
Sabine

and here is your Birthday Cake:

View attachment 285356
AAAHH A very happy belated birthday Lena. I hope it was a super awesome one. @Kristoff

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
I’ve been offline for a little bit because I’ve been getting re-adapting to being in college. It’s all been good so far! I’m very happy and excited for the school year.... just headed from Philadelphia to New York City. I was at a charity group leader’s meeting! Good timezzzz
Yay. Good luck with settling in again.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Quiet days are the best... I did some critter time this morning as well.. not so much family though. Hubby is gone to work. Oldest stayed the night at friends and by the time she came home I was headed to birthday party for a class mate of my youngest ... by the time we came home, she was gone to work.... and so it goes :) we danced around the living room ( dog too) to some old country music while I cooked light supper... then some tug o war with the dog... finished a book with a glass of wine.... off to bed shortly.... so, still a good Saturday ;-)
Sounds like the perfect Saturday ? .

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
I went to Lowe’s today and bought the supplies needed to build a 4x4 night box... Pickles rate of growth is accelerating and I feel that he is too big for the indoor enclosure.. he is 10lbs now to Crushers 6. I got the floor and 3 walls completed. I will try to work on the side with door and the roof tomorrow. I enjoy the building but my back is killing me.. too much leaning over I suppose ?. Hope everyone had a great day. I miss reading everyone’s chatter...
Be careful. Make sure that you bend with your knees and NOT your back. and good luck with the build.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Good Monday Morning Everyone.

The new week has begun and we are starting it off with parent teacher meetings tonight. Oh well it is the beginning of the school year so this will happen. LOL the guys at the gym are going to think that I am just making excuses all the time.

The garden is almost done. Just have to screw the solar panel box to the wall and put the pump into the water. I do need more tyres though as I still want to plant some potatoes and sweet potatoes.

Since my seeds did not take I bought the little plants. I got Broccoli, cauliflower, tomatoes, sweet corn, egg plant, green pepper, Jalepeno, gooseberry, and zucchini. I have already grown some sweet potatoes in a small pot, but I must transfer it to a bigger tyre pot so that the sweet potatoes can grow.

And then the bowl of grenadilla's is what has come off my grenadilla tree. And I have already given about 4 packets full away already. I am running out of people to give them to. ?‍♀️

Pond.jpegVeggies 1.jpgVeggies 2.jpgVeggies 3.jpgGrenadilla's.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Drip irr
Yes to the garden and veggies but no to the torts (As I was not sure what effect the metal in the water would have on a tort). I will also be installing a drip system at some point but for now I am going to carry on with the hard manual labour route of watering the garden myself. I do have empty plastic coke bottles planted all over the garden which I full up. These bottles have holes in the bottom and the water then seeps out directly by the roots under the ground. Saves evaporation and waters the roots directly.
igation is very easy to install, BUT doesnt work well on non-pressurized systems Like urs would be,

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member

The new week has begun and we are starting it off with parent teacher meetings tonight. Oh well it is the beginning of the school year so this will happen. LOL the guys at the gym are going to think that I am just making excuses all the time.

The garden is almost done. Just have to screw the solar panel box to the wall and put the pump into the water. I do need more tyres though as I still want to plant some potatoes and sweet potatoes.

Since my seeds did not take I bought the little plants. I got Broccoli, cauliflower, tomatoes, sweet corn, egg plant, green pepper, Jalepeno, gooseberry, and zucchini. I have already grown some sweet potatoes in a small pot, but I must transfer it to a bigger tyre pot so that the sweet potatoes can grow.

And then the bowl of grenadilla's is what has come off my grenadilla tree. And I have already given about 4 packets full away already. I am running out of people to give them to. ?‍♀️

View attachment 285443View attachment 285444View attachment 285445View attachment 285446View attachment 285447
Wow. Looks great.

What does a sack of potatoes cost in your local stores? They are so cheap here I concentrate on growing things that taste best from the garden. Fresh tomatoes & peppers & spices. Figs & persimmons too.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Cold, overcast & windy here in Maryland. Some sunshine ?? No kayaking this week. ?

This morning I decided to slowly take down another very leaning (45 degrees) pine tree ?? so it doesn't crash down on it’s own In the next storm. Now down, only lost the top board on one of our fence post rails. An easy fix.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster

View attachment 285443View attachment 285444View attachment 285445View attachment 285446View attachment 285447
What is grenadillas? Our kroger gets exotic fruits and veggies sometimes. At least I would know something about what I'm trying.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas

Wow!!!! Really nice

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Good morning ! Here is Cinder with her latest Chewy box.. she weighs a grande 30.6 lbs. now at 5-1/2 months... Bulldogs don’t grow like most though.. it’s my understanding that they have this crazy growth for a couple of months and then after 6 months, it just planes out.. her mature weight is estimated at only 40lbs... I had her spayed this past Monday and she has done amazingly well.. my biggest trial has been trying to keep her “still”.. HA... WHAT A JOKE! She has really become my +1 for everything. I even found an app for my phone called “Bring Fido” that gives me listings of pet friendly establishments near me. Restaurant, shopping, hotels, etc....

View attachment 285353View attachment 285354
Cinder is so cute with her white eyebrows and upside down smile. I've always liked that breed. They are peaceful and laidback probably because of necessity. The breed reminds me of my mini lop. Razberri has short legs and is kind of pudgy. It's funny when she runs around our living area. She jumps straight up in the air and it looks like she has twinkling toes even though she doesn't jump very high. Unlike other rabbits I've had.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK

Looking very good!!!
Must be very tyre-ing for you!;)

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Wow. Looks great.

What does a sack of potatoes cost in your local stores? They are so cheap here I concentrate on growing things that taste best from the garden. Fresh tomatoes & peppers & spices. Figs & persimmons too.
For 2kg it costs R29.00 but since they should be easy to grow and would taste home grown then why not grow them.