COLD DARK ROOM

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Palm Bay Fl
Goodmorning everyone, hope all is well. Going to the doctors for my happy pills. :)
We have had consistent sunny skies. So Opo has been loving basking.
Rose has a little electric heater on the porch to keep her feet warm in the morning while having her coffee.
Opo will get next to her feet and enjoy it also. I used my temp gun to know how far to keep it away from him. After Rose is done we put the heater away. If its still to cold for Opo. He will go back in his box and wait for the sun to shine in the enclosure.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Goodmorning everyone, hope all is well. Going to the doctors for my happy pills. :)
Rose has a little electric heater on the porch to keep her feet warm in the morning while having her coffee.
Opo will get next to her feet and enjoy it also. I used my temp gun to know how far to keep it away from him. After Rose is done we put the heater away. If its still to cold for Opo. He will go back in his box and wait for the sun to shine in the enclosure.
Happy for the happy pills;-). Opo is one spoiled tort!!! Nothing wrong with that though... Toretto is choosy about when he comes out too... but his needs are met so I let him exercise his free will most of the time... I’d like to see a picture of him and Rose toasting together... y’all have a great day Ray!

Turtle girl 98

Sandstone mn
Rain off and on now for the rest of our week, I’m glad I got out kayaking yesterday. I managed to capture quite a few nice scenes, hard to choose which ones to share. One last pix.

View attachment 285802
So beautiful. Theres 3 feet of snow in Minnesota and the sun has been hiding for the last month.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Oh no. Don't say that. There goes my image of retirement.
It's just more "fun" things to do...and lots of them. I don't know how I did what I did before so called retirement. That's why I have empathy for the working younger people.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Strange weather. Rain stopped, temps are still muggy warm (mind you it’s February) & some hints of sunshine. Was supposed to rain all day with no ?? until Saturday. Our daffodils are out of the ground & we see bud formation.

Trying to finish up my wooden handle for that old rusty trowel. Nothing too fancy...but it’s solid oak from onebofbour back garden trees that I pruned. Next step is to bore the horizontal hole for the metal shovel part. Then I’ll give it a proper sanding, apply some boiled linseed oil & insert the ferrule & spade parts.

6C9EAC8A-3924-4FA9-99F0-9AC402868F7E.jpeg

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
So beautiful. Theres 3 feet of snow in Minnesota and the sun has been hiding for the last month.

Wow. Three feet of snow is a lot. By now we normally would have had a few snowfalls, but this year I haven’t even had the shovel out, not even a broom.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Strange weather. Rain stopped, temps are still muggy warm (mind you it’s February) & some hints of sunshine. Was supposed to rain all day with no ?? until Saturday. Our daffodils are out of the ground & we see bud formation.

Trying to finish up my wooden handle for that old rusty trowel. Nothing too fancy...but it’s solid oak from onebofbour back garden trees that I pruned. Next step is to bore the horizontal hole for the metal shovel part. Then I’ll give it a proper sanding, apply some boiled linseed oil & insert the ferrule & spade parts.

View attachment 285814

View attachment 285814
I went grocery shopping today and didn't even need a jacket. I am notorious for being too cold. Hopefully, we'll get some kind of freezing and snow...or we'll be overrun with bugs this spring and summer. Also looks like you'll have a tool that lasts for a lifetime and more.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
I went grocery shopping today and didn't even need a jacket. I am notorious for being too cold. Hopefully, we'll get some kind of freezing and snow...or we'll be overrun with bugs this spring and summer. Also looks like you'll have a tool that lasts for a lifetime and more.

After kayaking yesterday, we actually painted our garage doors. It’s been a work in progress, but it’s hard to not finish when almost done. 65 and sunny, no heat, no humidity, pretty much perfect for painting. Looks great today.

The trowel is just an old one, but afforded the perfect opportunity to practice turning a handle.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
After kayaking yesterday, we actually painted our garage doors. It’s been a work in progress, but it’s hard to not finish when almost done. 65 and sunny, no heat, no humidity, pretty much perfect for painting. Looks great today.

The trowel is just an old one, but afforded the perfect opportunity to practice turning a handle.
Looks like hard work to me. Even with your machines it's still oak...but linseed oil is a favorite of mine. It even marbolizes pine

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
:cool:
Now you have to capture a picture of Rose and Opo capturing warmth and rays together.?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I haven’t posted a pix of our Sully for some time. She just seems to be happy & content this Winter in the inside quarters. A new this year night box complete with Kane heat mat on the floor with a RHP in the ceiling. Some flood lights, heating lamps, & room to roam about.

View attachment 285823
I haven’t posted a pix of our Sully for some time. She just seems to be happy & content this Winter in the inside quarters. A new this year night box complete with Kane heat mat on the floor with a RHP in the ceiling. Some flood lights, heating lamps, & room to roam about.

View attachment 285823
She's beautiful.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas

View attachment 285823
Happy Sully! She makes the mazuri pellets look small;-)