COLD DARK ROOM

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
Yeah ! Cow farts contain much mehtane gas and this gas is one reason of the globel warming......o_Oo_O Friday against cows ??? Fridays for shooting cows ? :mad: No!
Yes so silly. Maybe someone will figure a way to turn methane into gas...
Hi Cathie, this is a great story. When I was a child tortoises from Greek were sold way too cheap in all pet stores in Germany. Most of these poor tortoises died after a few months. Owners feed them white bread with milk and kept them in card boxes without heating and light..... I saw pictures how these tortoises were transported from Greek to Germany: In big wooden boxes piled up. The poor ones on the ground often had been crushed from the others above them. A very sad story.
But I got two tortoises too and my mother bought a book how to keep tortoises. It was not the knowledge we had nowadays but it was better than knowing nothing about the animals. But after the first brumation the tortoises were dead ! We have made some bad mistakes but we don`t know how to brumate a tortoise right. There was no part in the book about the right brumation. Very sad ! I got the next two tortoises. Our tortoises roam free the house, had a summer place in our garden and were fed with greens and some veggies and fruits. We don`t let them brumate, they only sleep a week or two in the house under a heater. They overlived ! These tortoises lived a long time with us and I loved them. I never said or thought that they are booring. I know they are interesting animals.
At first I let Saphire roam my kitchen. I'm glad for that time with him...it helped me understand how to build his enclosures. I really enjoyed watching him. Boy could he get himself in some fixes.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Mee too. I am often on facebook and TFO at the same time. Writing and reading mostly in German on Fb, writing and reading in English on TFO. That is my idea of brain-training !!!!! It works !!!o_Oo_Oo_O
I absolutely love what I call brain storming. You call it brain-training. It makes me think. I actually enjoy someone that tells me their real thoughts.:)