COLD DARK ROOM

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Fes, Morocco
A Mediterranean house gecko!

Back in November, a freshly hatched one dropped from the ceiling onto my other half's desk while he was at the office, and it promptly ran under his keyboard. Long story short, this is a house gecko, not an office gecko, and besides it's not native to Florida... So he brought it home. Escher has been a captive resident of our household ever since.
My little colony sleep in my lab during the day and go outside over the walls at night.
They are safe in my lab,as the Moroccans consider them evil and hit them with slippers. :confused:

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Here is a photo of dear Sabine's resting place :
View attachment 303087
Thanks to her partner for this.
He also has kindly informed me of the animals.
Some cats are at the local animal shelter, others have gone to friends. The dogs, too.
The Greek tortoises are at the animal shelter. The Redfoots are with a friend who is a tortoise and turtle expert in Wuppertal.
The sulcatas have gone to an animal park in North-Rhine-Westphalia. The Aldabras are "in a real tortoise paradise" in Bavaria near Nuremburg. The guy there is a real tortoise freak whose animals live better than he does.
Thank you for the pic. The other day I went back in my content to listen Sabine singing the song I requested from her. Crazy by Pasty Cline. She will be missed.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
The flooding of rain has stopped for the morning, possibly more to follow this afternoon. If I had a fancy crystal clear pool with a lanai I’d for a moment think I was transported to southern Florida. Hot, hazy, humid. Now sunny.

My newly-started Florida bred cactus pads (courtesy of @Ray--Opo ) are growing like gang busters. Our recent wave of thundershowers have dumped many inches of rain on them. I guess they love their showers. New growth has been phenomenal. Our Sully too thinks it’s in paradise. High humidity, sunshine, warm temps all coupled with a snuggly nightbox to pass the night away. Tortoise dreams?

Cactus Pix
View attachment 303351

Sully Hanging Out Waiting for Just the Right Time to Emerge
View attachment 303352
Wow the cactus are doing great. I have a few cactus that are taking off and I have a few of the bigger ones that are not. Just as long as Opo has young pads life is good. Sully looks very content.

Zoeclare

Uk
Wow the cactus are doing great. I have a few cactus that are taking off and I have a few of the bigger ones that are not. Just as long as Opo has young pads life is good. Sully looks very content.
This is a silly question but I'm new to cactuses! Do you snap the young pads off or wait for them to fall?

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
This is a silly question but I'm new to cactuses! Do you snap the young pads off or wait for them to fall?

Snap away... they shouldn't ever fall off on their own. I think I’ll let this lot grow & grow this Summer. Bring them inside to our sunroom/conservatory for Winter. In Spring repot to give them more room. Right now, I’m enjoying all of the new growth.

B52D2F7E-9749-43FA-A527-BC414E50556C.jpeg

Zoeclare

Uk
Snap away... they shouldn't ever fall off on their own. I think I’ll let this lot grow & grow this Summer. Bring them inside to our sunroom/conservatory for Winter. In Spring repot to give them more room. Right now, I’m enjoying all of the new growth.

View attachment 303448
That looks amazing! Here's mine ?

Attachments

• DSC_0757.JPG
    DSC_0757.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 10

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I'm not ignoring all your posts. Please know, I read and enjoyed each and every one of them. But my computer's in the shop and I just don't like to hunt and peck with a stylus on my Kindle!

I truly enjoy being part of this group ***Yvonne turns to the side and mumbles, ". . . of weirdos!" ***

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
I'm not ignoring all your posts. Please know, I read and enjoyed each and every one of them. But my computer's in the shop and I just don't like to hunt and peck with a stylus on my Kindle!

I truly enjoy being part of this group ***Yvonne turns to the side and mumbles, ". . . of weirdos!" ***
Yvonne being perfectly normal, of course. :rolleyes:

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Good mornooning. Just before we went to bed last night the government advised against all travel to France which meant our travel insurance wouldn’t pay of we got sock there which means we can’t go next Friday.

It could have been worse, we could have been planning to leave at 5.30am today not the following week.

Anyhow, two weeks sunshine, cheese and wine celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary has now been replaced by a week at the British seaside! Just about sums up 2020 ?

I’m just off to feed baby birds. Not aee you after my shift
Celebrating 30 years would make anyplace special and the seaside is nothing to sneeze at, right?? ?. Seriously, that sucks that you had to change your plans but CONGRATULATIONS on your anniversary.. I always look forward to not seeing you after your day at the rescue:)

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas

I’m proud to be a weirdo!!!! LOL

Mystic_Queen (Llaria)

England,
Oh I am so sorry Your Majesty. Lucky your neighbors did see you. Was it Amy's husband who saw you or a different neighbor?

Please please take it easy and don't push yourself. You need to get better first before you go and change the world.
My other neighbours. Amy is my adoptee brothers wife.
I was very lucky. He and Sandra was in garden cutting hedge they was saying and saw me when they climbed the ladder to cut top of conifers

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
A Mediterranean house gecko!

Back in November, a freshly hatched one dropped from the ceiling onto my other half's desk while he was at the office, and it promptly ran under his keyboard. Long story short, this is a house gecko, not an office gecko, and besides it's not native to Florida... So he brought it home. Escher has been a captive resident of our household ever since.
So where are the pics?

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town

We enjoy having you here too ( I whisper to Heather, She is just like us, even though she won't admit it. )