COLD DARK ROOM

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
New Jersey
Well I redid my pond and I it is mostly working. There is still a leak somewhere on the upper part of the walls. So i will be giving it another coat of the liquid vinyl paint. Do you think I could put a Beta fish in it? Or would that be too cold and big for one? I used rain water to fill it up.

View attachment 306336

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Well I redid my pond and I it is mostly working. There is still a leak somewhere on the upper part of the walls. So i will be giving it another coat of the liquid vinyl paint. Do you think I could put a Beta fish in it? Or would that be too cold and big for one? I used rain water to fill it up.

View attachment 306336

Ooohhhhh!!!! I love your pond!!! That is beautiful! I wish I was talented..?

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Goose?
Are we playing duck, duck, goose around here? Somebody corral the hedgehogs...

maybe??..... or.....
Maybe that is her given mission?
she posts all of the ducks until one of us post a goose? Is that it? Yes I am asking dark lord? Are we to play duck duck goose with Her???????
Aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!! ?
(Sorry, this stupid iPhone does not have a duck!) can you believe it???? No duck emoji??? Dinasours-a baboon-a squirrel-
-a Unicorn!!!!.... but no ducks????
What kinda phone is this????
Everybody knows ?!!!
Oh.... wait.... I couldn’t find that s**t before!!
It was not with all the other animals!!!!
Inconceivable!!!!!!!!! Dam!!!!!!! ?!
?

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Yes it is a rather depressing story but he writes it so well and when I read it which was about 28 years ago? it certainly made technology very scary. And here is the scary thing it is probably already happening to us and we don't even know it. As it is being done subtly. Like how Chefdenoel is going to tell me her mission. Hint hint. See very subtle.

???.....very sneaky you!?

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Yes it is a rather depressing story but he writes it so well and when I read it which was about 28 years ago? it certainly made technology very scary. And here is the scary thing it is probably already happening to us and we don't even know it. As it is being done subtly. Like how Chefdenoel is going to tell me her mission. Hint hint. See very subtle.

I mean.... wha?.....who me??? Uhhh..?

Attachments

• 6BCBEFF1-DC78-4C19-A2A1-ADEF8C9AF050.jpeg
    6BCBEFF1-DC78-4C19-A2A1-ADEF8C9AF050.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 7

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
I hope that one legged man isn't me!?
But @EllieMay if it will help you smile and chuckle. Just let me know I will be there. Hell I will let your whole family kick me to see some laughter. ????

Oh my gosh NNNOOOOOO!!!!!!
I would NEVER have said that about you Opo. I am a cdr “friend” I hope?
what I meant to say was the “one legged pirate ?‍☠️!!!!! But forgot he was called pirate so I just said man... omg...(chuckle) .... you are crazy! But I love you anyway and hope all is well with you and your family.
EllieMay-I did NOT mean Opo!!! ??
Yikes!! .... but that is kinda funny.. ?
I hope YOU laughed ?

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
That's funny! I had the exact opposite problem!

Here's the story of my ducks.

Three different years, I raised a pair of ducklings when I was a kid. I was mama, and they would follow me everywhere. I built a chicken wire cage outside for them to sleep in. The cage had an old door laid on top to keep them in. Every evening my mom would stand on the back porch and watch and laugh hysterically as I would catch a duck, put it in the cage, catch the second one, and the first would escape while I'm getting the second one in...this was a nightly ritual for several weeks.

Each year, the pair would mature into adults and be extremely loyal to each other. My family has a summer place on the water in MD, and we would take the ducks there and set them free...time after time after time...they wouldn't go! They would follow me back to the house. Eventually they got the message and stayed on the water, but if I saw them and called, they would come running even two or three years later.

One time I spotted one swimming in circles. The wild ducks were picking on it, and its healthy brother was defending it.

I rowed my little boat to the bird, and he had gotten his leg caught in a muskrat trap that idiots would set along the shore. The leg was horribly mangled. So I took him home and Healthy Brother followed us, quacking all the way.

My parents, bless them, were sympathetic to my wailing and we took Broken Leg to the vet. Healthy Brother went too, since he jumped in the car. I carried Broken Leg in to the exam room, and Healthy Brother made circles on the floor under the exam table, quacking at the top of his lungs the entire time. It was actually embarrassing the racket he made.

The infection in the leg was awful. When "put to sleep" was mentioned, I went berserk, screaming and wailing. Remember, I was around 8 or 9.

So the vet said he would try to save him. We left Broken Leg, and dragged Healthy Brother home. No one slept that night.

Next day we go back to the vet. He had washed out Broken Leg's leg, set the bone, and put a cast on.

We took both ducks home, and every weekend we would bring them back to the summer place, where my job was to prevent Broken Leg from going into the water. I was kept running.

Eight weeks later my dad and I removed the cast...the leg had a big knot at the break site, but the duck was healthy and the leg was great. Then I had to get them to leave me again.

Those two ducks lived for at least 3 more years until I lost track of them. They never left each other's sides.

what a wonderful story. I could have kept reading though....?

Amron

Lancashire. England
I had finished my 15 laps around the pasture and was walking towards the gate. There's a BIG eucalyptus branch on the ground in front of the gate and I didn't lift my leg up high enough as I stepped over it. I went down like a ton of bricks. . . slapping my left arm over a smaller branch, fracturing a small bone near my wrist, tapping my head and the brunt of my weight came down on my right knee, fracturing the knee cap. O I'm wearing a hard cast on my left arm and a stiff brace on my right leg. I see a regular orthopedist Thurs. I'm no longer in pain, just terribly bored, because I can't get around. I'm stuck in my chair!
So pleased you are in the road to recovery, all these lovely people here have done some prayers for you. Stay strong and do as your told so you can r cover well xx

Amron

Lancashire. England
I would like to see a pic of your piggy’s please:)
I will get some today, I am rubbish at food being photos in my phone so when I get back from work I will try. So sorry to hear your news of Jessica, how awful, you must be besides yourself. Glad the surgery has gone well, hoping she can make a full recovery. Keeping you and your family in my thoughts. Take care and stay strong.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Oh my gosh NNNOOOOOO!!!!!!
I would NEVER have said that about you Opo. I am a cdr “friend” I hope?
what I meant to say was the “one legged pirate ?‍☠️!!!!! But forgot he was called pirate so I just said man... omg...(chuckle) .... you are crazy! But I love you anyway and hope all is well with you and your family.
EllieMay-I did NOT mean Opo!!! ??
Yikes!! .... but that is kinda funny.. ?
I hope YOU laughed ?
No worries, I knew who you were talking about. ?

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
You can sure tell what most people here don't do much of. I think I was set up. Even I had to go online for my "mission".?
It's that damn Duck, it keeps on distracting me and throwing me off guessing what your mission is.
1600256185906.png

I think that I need to look for a really good duck lórange recipe. Mark, do you know any good ones? maybe even a crispy duck recipe?

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Wow... cool finds... I really liked the minute crab but the ice cube takes the cake;-)
Huh, I did not see any of that when I opened it. But then I cannot enlarge the pictures on my phone for the TFO, for some reason when I try they go so big I cannot see it properly. So if I want to see the picture then I need to leave it as it is.

1600256686199.png

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA

View attachment 306336

Hey, your little pond really turned into a great wet n wild water garden. Love all the variety of plants, Peace Lily, Calla Lillies, Arrow Plant, staghorn fern, tons of ivy n ferns. You could always add a few Gold Fish - i think the area is too big for a Betta. Nice work!

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Chilly used to be called Silly. I guess someone told him, so he changed his name. Or was it her? I miss Bee :((
Whaaaaattt? This is ridiculous, names changing just willy nilly like that all the time. I miss Bee as well. In fact please don't cry but I think it is time to visit old friends: