COLD DARK ROOM

CarolM

Location (City and/or State)
South Africa - Cape Town
I have a friend that works in surgery at the hospital peep in Jess’s room for me as I have not heard from hubby this morning.. she said they were both sleeping soundly. She checked with the nurse and Jess had a good night. Also confirmed that orders are in to get us moved to another floor:)). I am so happy this morning. I know that there will be a lot to go through for years to come but right now, Jess is already miles ahead of where they told me would even be possible.. so THANK YOU for all of your prayers and support and continued prayers! View attachment 306666
Best news for a Monday. Love it and well done.

1600684549908.png

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
It was pretty cool in my neck of the woods too.. very refreshing. But I did notice that the double tortoise box had dipped a little low.. I’m going to have to tweak the thermostats when I’m home tomorrow.. I just found out that Jess isn’t going to get moved from ICU today but we should make it tomorrow..
That is okay, Slow and steady is the way to go, less chances of setbacks that way.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
hi all, isn’t that so funny. I was FINALLY terminated at exactly the time I was having surgery to get my gall bladder out!!
thanks a lot Carol!!! I could have died ya know!!!??? View attachment 306737
but in every sense glad ya finally guessed it.
Hope all is well with everyone as I am on morpheme right now and I love EVERYBODY! I can’t form words or spell right now but it is only day 2.
Oh my word, and you did not even mention anything. How are you feeling now? I hope that you are doing well and healing nicely. I am so sorry that I took so long to figure it out, but unless things are very plain I struggle to get things, Like Heather's and Golden Greek tortoise 567's missions. I just cannot figure them out.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
thank you! Hey! You didn’t guess my mission??? I tried to let everyone know as best I could. But Carol was so persistent she would not sleep until it was known. Lol
She cracks me up. Now .... your turn..?
Any hints??
I couldn't decide which one to select? The love one or the laughing one. So I selected the love it one and and replying with the .......

? ? ? ? ?

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
I didn’t read the book Treasue island, but I did watch the movie.. it’s been many years ago and I don’t remember ever hearing that.. I love pirate movies... Did you ever watch the Disney flick Swiss Family Robinson?? That’s one of my all time favorites!
It comes from the Pirates of the Caribbean and Jack Sparow. Well that is where I saw it.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
yes!!! And exactly what you said!
I did not think I would hurt this much???
Bloated and “air” is still in my shoulders and upper back??
Said they fill you with “air” so they get a clear shot to organ they are removing??
Feels like :
They put a vice on my lungs and every time I breath I am having a small heart attack.
(They already did 2 ekg s. Said it was the “air”. Heart is fine..
Ok , Anyone else who’s reading this I apologize for the long drawn out drama surgical story but I had to get that out in case Karen SoCal had an answer or a solution for me sorry I’ll shut up now ?
We don't mind, talk away. it makes good reading.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
It's just so hard to sit here all day. Yesterday I had William set me up outside in my wheelchair so I could talk to him as he worked, and today I have a "cankle" ( my ankle is as fat as my calf). I know in the realm of injuries this is nothing, but I'm not coping well.

Next Thurs. I go back to hospital for surgery to put a metal plate over the broken bone in my wrist. They said the healing time for that is much less than casting it.
Oh dear Yvonne. I hope it goes well and that the op runs smoothly and as expected. Shouldn't you be putting your ankle up when resting it? That should stop any cankles.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
I know how you feel. I am soooo NOT a sitter. I am going bonkers in my bed all day and I am about to kill my husband.
he keeps pestering me because he wants to make me chicken soup. So I finally gave in and said yes make it. So he did.....
AND LEFT ME ALL THE DISHES AND POT IN THE SINK!!!! ??
Lesson learned..(the hard way)...
It will be a cold day in..... Africa ... before I accept his offer to make me anything anymore!...
and yes.... I did the dishes before I went back to bed in pain...
You would be surprised how many cold days we get over here.........just saying!! And you should have just left the dishes in the sink for when he came back. Yuu should not have been doing them in your state.