COLD DARK ROOM

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Fes, Morocco
I just want to say, that my Birthday is great, but I know that some of you are going through the mill.
I am very lucky.
I would like to pay my regards to two of the most amazing people that we have lost this year.
Sabine,, the German lady with the most incredible voice, who brought light and fun into this Cold Dark place.

And my best friend from the Fossil Forum, who lost his life in April . Doren, I love you.

Golden Greek Tortoise 567

Colorado Springs,CO
I just want to say, that my Birthday is great, but I know that some of you are going through the mill.
I am very lucky.
I would like to pay my regards to two of the most amazing people that we have lost this year.
Sabine,, the German lady with the most incredible voice, who brought light and fun into this Cold Dark place.

And my best friend from the Fossil Forum, who lost his life in April . Doren, I love you.
Rest in peace ??

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Yea but it's got to be good coffee. It doesn't have to be expensive coffee. It just has to be made right with good water. I can drink it like water if the preparation is right. Leftovers can be used also for so many things. Baking, sunburns, iced coffee just to name a few.?

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Yea but it's got to be good coffee. It doesn't have to be expensive coffee. It just has to be made right with good water. I can drink it like water if the preparation is right. Leftovers can be used also for so many things. Baking, sunburns, iced coffee just to name a few.?
Points.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
It's been a really hard day for me. Today (the 21st), is our 30th wedding anniversary. Or would have been.

It's been 14 months since Pete died, and I still want to tell him things, little snippets I read, or hear. The house is too quiet. I hear the ice drop into the bin, and the water refill. I hear the AC compressor kick on outside. I hear the ticking of my clock. I hear the little sounds a house makes when it's built on an earthquake fault.

I couldn't hear these tiny sounds when Pete was here. I hated that the TV was on 24/7, and I had to work conversation into 5 minute episodes while a commercial was on. Now, what I wouldn't give to fight the TV for one more day.

I miss him terribly. What a sad day this has been.

But I can stop by the CDR and see what the roomies are doing. I laugh a lot, cry a little, and keep checking myself to see if I'm as crazy as most of them are. I have a way to go for that. And I'll never get to the level of debauchery that has been achieved by a few.

It's OK. I slip in, bribe an armadillo, read til my eyes bleed, add my two cents occasionally, and quietly slip out.

That's how I get through sad days, like today.
The CDR has given something like that to me also. I grew up in a large family. We argued, played together, etc. So I have a really hard time being alone even though I get tired with a lot of people around. Joe just goes off into his den to play on his iPad. I watch boring TV or come here. I know it's not the same kind of loss though. Sorry about your spouse.?

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
The CDR has given something like that to me also. I grew up in a large family. We argued, played together, etc. So I have a really hard time being alone even though I get tired with a lot of people around. Joe just goes off into his den to play on his iPad. I watch boring TV or come here. I know it's not the same kind of loss though. Sorry about your spouse.?
The Cold Dark Room means different things to different people.
Love and loss can be the same.
Always, we care

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Well well finally all caught up. Problem is that I always seems to add about 3 pages all on my own. Mmmm maybe I talk too much. Oh well suck it up folks, because I am too old to change.

It is a beautiful day here, nice and sunny. And the rain is coming on Friday and Saturday. There should a rule which says that it should rain either during the night or during working hours. Then we can get to enjoy our weekend with sun shine. I was planning to work in the side garden this weekend as I still have lots of wine bottles that were collected and need to be used. So we will see how it goes.
You could get a free shower ?