COLD DARK ROOM

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
You and yours deserve a great day the most! Mine is good- picking up steel posts at 0800 to finish fencing my new leopard area with old 4' tall metal fence sections for extra security!
My favorite thing to do - building fences for tortoises!!

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
Wait.... did my old eyes read that right?
Are...are....you gettttting a.... leopard???
And .......
Why??
Are you like that tiger guy who’s on TV that owned a lot of tigers??
Haha no it is for the leopard I already have. I metal fence that I will add short panels of plywood to that will be his perimeter fence. Is in addition to the privacy fence I already have up. Just being extra prepared since ? can happen

Jan A

Boulder, CO
Oh wow! That's a big thing here as well. My favorite is my NASCAR checkered flag, and this one...Can we order from you? Cost with shipping? I'm interested. As my collection of 13 masks was recently stolen for my car...
View attachment 319039
Now that is the lowest of low. I hope all the masks were full of snot so they catch something!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Ok... now I would like to purchase :
1)- the one with the snail on it (the more snails on it the better)

2)- the one with the owls on it. Strangely I have no ties to ? owls , but I just happen to like that one.

How to get me started?
Send you a pm?
Or you send me one?
I sent a mask to the UK for $14.50 in a card. Found out today that it takes more of our money to do the same as what theirs can. I don't care. I want one too ? and I want to help Joe's mom's rescue sanctuary. ?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
You are so right.
I completely agree.
Also normally what FEMA gets away with saying ..
is it was an “act of God” ....
and we don’t cover acts of God.
It says so in ALL insurance coverages .
It’s just too small print to read so people don’t see it BEFORE they sign ... ?
Same goes for your car insurance too!
Everything is always money and politics...
???
Yes and the destruction it caused to their homes. Even though the freezing weather was somewhat an act of God it's not like a hurricane. From what I saw on the news, the power companys had warnings and time to prepare for this.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
According to Google I am charging US$4.23 per mask and US$5.64 for postage at current exchange rates.

However, you pay me through PayPal in GB£ and PayPal does the currency conversion to take money from your bank/card in US$ so I get the right amount ?
Wow. ??

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I write Homemade Face Masks on the CN22 customs form. To my knowledge nobody has had to pay US import duty on them so far as the value is low. Noel (@AZtortMom ) would be able to confirm. ?

Postage £4 to USA for up to 8 masks, masks £3 each, payment by PayPal.
Ok.

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
My favorite thing to do - building fences for tortoises!!
For tortoises???! I am not sure of exactly when, but for the sake of my story...100 years ago at a small ranch/farm in Clovis California, the Keeper of the place offered a family member who was suffering from a debilitating illness a place to live, said sick person agreed but she sure didn't know what she agreed to. But I'd better get to my point before I forget where I was going. We all know that California is just 1 step up from hell and on the day in question it was 130 degrees out in the bare pasture. The Keeper decided that the sick, woebegone person would help her to build a fence around that pasture. Really says the sickie, Anyway, the sick person assumes the position...after several hours sweating out in the sun, the Keeper says, "you shoulda wore a hat". Oh. Then the Keeper says "you should not have worn black knee high spike heeled boots out in the pasture". oh. After a while when I... I mean the sick person hadn't fallen out yet, when the Keeper says "you shoulda brought water". oh. Well, that sick person helped the Keeper fence 5 freakin acres. Of horse/cattle pasture.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
For tortoises???! I am not sure of exactly when, but for the sake of my story...100 years ago at a small ranch/farm in Clovis California, the Keeper of the place offered a family member who was suffering from a debilitating illness a place to live, said sick person agreed but she sure didn't know what she agreed to. But I'd better get to my point before I forget where I was going. We all know that California is just 1 step up from hell and on the day in question it was 130 degrees out in the bare pasture. The Keeper decided that the sick, woebegone person would help her to build a fence around that pasture. Really says the sickie, Anyway, the sick person assumes the position...after several hours sweating out in the sun, the Keeper says, "you shoulda wore a hat". Oh. Then the Keeper says "you should not have worn black knee high spike heeled boots out in the pasture". oh. After a while when I... I mean the sick person hadn't fallen out yet, when the Keeper says "you shoulda brought water". oh. Well, that sick person helped the Keeper fence 5 freakin acres. Of horse/cattle pasture.

Ah.. . the good old days!!

(When are you going to add to Knobby's story? I'm getting tired of holding the blade of grass sticking out of his mouth in my mind)

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good evening all, I'm a bit late popping in today but hope you're all having a good Tuesday.
Nothing much happening here.
The wind is picking up and some heavy rain is expected overnight but then it will be dry and warm for the rest of the week.
I should be pleased but it just means the nasty neighbours will be crawling out from under their rocks and I won't be able to enjoy my garden in peace.
Never mind, I'm sure it will bring some much needed sunshine for most people.
Had to remove the car battery to recharge it because as it was dead as a dodo yesterday evening.
I'm not using it much at the moment and keep forgetting to run the engine to keep the battery ticking over.
It's fine now and I was able to take my nephew for the first of his covid jabs today.
Apart from that I'm just plodding on.
Anyway, I'm off to bed now so will say Nos Da - not see you all tomorrow.

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Haha no it is for the leopard I already have. I metal fence that I will add short panels of plywood to that will be his perimeter fence. Is in addition to the privacy fence I already have up. Just being extra prepared since ? can happen

Ok.. so...
you’re saying you already HAVE a leopard ?????? ? ???

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey

IN KNEE HIGH BLACK SPIKED BOOTS!!!
??????
??????????

You... I mean.... that girl was a saint!!!
??
Did “she” end up throwing the cow/horse ? filled boots out??? ?????

Where is Chubbs!???
He has gotta read this one!!
I am SURE he will have a funny comment!!
@chubbs

? oooo...Maggie.. you sure do have good stories...about “OTHER” people...???