COLD DARK ROOM

Lyn W

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK
I don't think anyone has that information because the virus is so new. But I was told by some health care professionals that it's very rare to get it again so far. Today I heard on the news also that several members of a sports team tested positive and had to cancel a game. A lot of those had been vaccinated. But I do think that people that are vaccinated get a less severe case when they get it. The question is can they give it to someone not vaccinated. And now there's another older virus going around also that can get really serious. That's due to everyone going nuts and not relying on the same preventive measures everyone got used to doing for COVID-19. I'll be wearing a mask in public for the rest of my life.
The cases and deaths from the Delta varient are rising drastically in the UK again:(. It is more tranmissible than other varienst so far, but it does seem to be the unvaccinated it's affecting the most.
There is a lot of suspicion about the jabs but they were passed so quickly because it was prioritised; they have far more advanced technologies now and a lot of wonderful volunteers who acted as human guninea pigs too - I don't think they get the recognition they deserve.
It is down to individuals of course but as someone with asthma I personally I think any protection is better than none.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
The cases and deaths from the Delta varient are rising drastically in the UK again:(. It is more tranmissible than other varienst so far, but it does seem to be the unvaccinated it's affecting the most.
There is a lot of suspicion about the jabs but they were passed so quickly because it was prioritised; they have far more advanced technologies now and a lot of wonderful volunteers who acted as human guninea pigs too - I don't think they get the recognition they deserve.
It is down to individuals of course but as someone with asthma I personally I think any protection is better than none.
It's going up drastically here also because of the delta varient. I actually don't have anything against vaccines. I've had the childhood vaccines such as polio, small pox, etc. But I've also had some really bad reactions to medications and had to live with the consequences because my doctor would say that's too rare or just blame me. Then not do anything to help me. I've actually been looking into the Johnson and Johnson because it's an old style vaccine not RNA. But until I'm sure I have a doctor that won't do that to me again I watch everything they give me. With COVID-19 going on my normal medical care is catch as catch can too so we'll see.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
As long as you are well, that's the main thing.
We have been worried about you and hoping everything was OK.
Lola is definitely still the boss!
It took a while to get him used to being a torotise again but now he enjoys being out basking and grazing in the sun - usually - he still likes his duvet days and room service occasionally!
How are your family, animals and birds?
They are all good. Cathie was right my finches breed far too fast. I went from having 4 finches to having 13. Totally crazy. The tortoises are all doing well. No new babies. The cat and dog are both fine, and the lizards are living it up.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
They are all good. Cathie was right my finches breed far too fast. I went from having 4 finches to having 13. Totally crazy. The tortoises are all doing well. No new babies. The cat and dog are both fine, and the lizards are living it up.
Do you have the little ones like me? That look like little tiny parrots? Watch out it gets way worse. I think I wound up with about 50. But I really couldn't tell because they fly like hummingbirds. Don't make the mistake of building a bigger cage ? I still love the choir. I love their little laughing voices.?

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Do you have the little ones like me? That look like little tiny parrots? Watch out it gets way worse. I think I wound up with about 50. But I really couldn't tell because they fly like hummingbirds. Don't make the mistake of building a bigger cage ? I still love the choir. I love their little laughing voices.?
I have the little zebra finches. Let's see if I can find a pic. I don't want more. So will be taking the eggs out from now on. 20210217_224135.jpg20210330_180843.jpg

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
I went from 1 to 25 birds. Lucky for me the local mom and pop pet shop bought the fledglings from me. Now I only have 10 and no breeding going on...oh...parakeets or budgies to your side of the pond lol
100_5528.JPG
These are the parents. Daddy is a harlequin, Mamma is solid yellow, most of the babies were yellow with black splotches on the wings. Some were yellow and green
100_5509.JPG

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I have the little zebra finches. Let's see if I can find a pic. I don't want more. So will be taking the eggs out from now on. View attachment 329158View attachment 329157
That's what I have too. Yours look a little different but only because mine have more white, stripes and my boys have an orange patch on their cheeks. Yours are going to get mad because their favorite thing to do is make babies ?. And take care of them. But really I don't think it's all that good for them to breed out of control either. It depends on the type of cage too. If they are in an outside cage it's a real plus. They do stop at some point but because they are always looking for love they inbreed. Mine do their housekeeping while I'm cleaning their cage. It's funny. I use newspaper on the floor and they tear strips and put it in their little nests that I wove for them. While I'm cleaning, little strips of used newspaper are floating to the floor. So it takes a while to clean up ? I only have 3 left. They are possibly 12 years old. I'm not going to add any younger ones until these little guys pass. They look like grandpas and don't need all that.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
It’s been warm here too. I did a lot of gardening today. My very large rosemary bush and even larger bay bush have been tamed again; the former isn’t allowed above the level of the lounge windowsill and the latter is allowed just above the (6’) fence. We have had so much rain that both were well overgrown. I have completely filled the garden waste wheelie bin with todays’ pruning.

As the wetsher was so warm, I took the opportunity to clean and disinfect all the bird feeders, my hedgehog feed station and the waterers. It’s good to be ablle to egt them clean and dry so quickl.

We have lots of baby birds in the garden all of a sudden.Blackbirds, robins, t!ts, nuthatches and a juvenile woodpecker accompanied by Mum :)

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
It’s been warm here too. I did a lot of gardening today. My very large rosemary bush and even larger bay bush have been tamed again; the former isn’t allowed above the level of the lounge windowsill and the latter is allowed just above the (6’) fence. We have had so much rain that both were well overgrown. I have completely filled the garden waste wheelie bin with todays’ pruning.

As the wetsher was so warm, I took the opportunity to clean and disinfect all the bird feeders, my hedgehog feed station and the waterers. It’s good to be ablle to egt them clean and dry so quickl.

We have lots of baby birds in the garden all of a sudden.Blackbirds, robins, t!ts, nuthatches and a juvenile woodpecker accompanied by Mum :)
That's interesting about the Rosemary bush. Is it like the herb used for cooking? What a lovely day ? with YOUR birds.?

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Today it's been 86F in my garden which is a sun trap but I think the average for the area is 78F.
Still cool by US standards considering what some areas across the pond have had to suffer.
Too hot for me anyway, and Lola ony wanted to go out this morning even though he has planty of shade. ?

86!????
Oh… that IS hot!
I stay inside if it reaches 75! ?

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
It's going up drastically here also because of the delta varient. I actually don't have anything against vaccines. I've had the childhood vaccines such as polio, small pox, etc. But I've also had some really bad reactions to medications and had to live with the consequences because my doctor would say that's too rare or just blame me. Then not do anything to help me. I've actually been looking into the Johnson and Johnson because it's an old style vaccine not RNA. But until I'm sure I have a doctor that won't do that to me again I watch everything they give me. With COVID-19 going on my normal medical care is catch as catch can too so we'll see.

Please look into the Johnson and Johnson vaccine!!!!! I heard it may cause blood clots! ❤️

Jan A

Boulder, CO
In the UK most serious hopsital cases now are younger people who thought they didn't need the jab. I'm not sure if they have enough evidence over here to say you can't get it again - hopefully not or maybe at least not as severely. My cousin's daughters are all intelligent girls and they won't have the jab either, I don't understand it myself, but it's their prerogative.
There's your answer: freedom to take or not take a vaccination still unapproved by governmental authorities.