COLD DARK ROOM

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
Having adopted a mostly feral cat who spent 3 or 4 days up in our floor rafters, but would come downstairs crying every night, weighs not more than 5 lbs, & to this day, you cannot pick her up & hold her longer than 20-30 seconds, she is amazingly affectionate, but she has to come to you. She favors, when you're asleep on your side, curling up on your hip. I don't know why.
I adopted one once...s/he was a really young one that would not leave me alone. Just kept coming up to me crying for help if s/he caught me in my yard. So I helped but eventually found a good home. I don't usually do that but this little one was special. S/he didn't want my animals around though and so I had to re-home ?

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Holy toledo, Batman, what the heck's going on with all the stray cats? When I open my door to go outside at least four and sometimes more, new strays run and hide. I thought the cat food was being eaten by my outside cats because of the cold weather, but it turns out I'm either feeding the neighborhood or someone has dumped a bunch of cats. I've got pictures on my computer (I'm on my Kindle) of Uno, Dos and Tres. Uno is a real pretty long haired orange kitty with a burst abscess on the side of his head and, naturally, I can't catch him. Dos is a black and grey tabby, and Tres is a blue point siamese with the prettiest blue eyes. I've been seeing those three for about a week. Then this a.m. there was an all black one and an all grey one, both male-looking. Cats! Cats, cats, cats!!!
…… ask your sister.
I heard at the swap meat she gets ….
I mean … she brings strays for “ice cream” runs a few hundred miles away.
When the cats are ordering their eclair…
She zooms away…
I mean….
She says she will “be right back” to them..
?

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Guys…?
HELP!!!!
HELP!!!!!!
HEEEEELLLLLPPPPP!!!!!
I just went on “Craigslist / northern NJ”
Looked on pets and saw THIS SH**!!!!!

The horror of it all!!!!!!
WHY?…WHY????…. WWHHYYYY DO PEOPLE NOT SEE THAT THERE IS SOMETHING NOT RIGHT HERE!!!!??
Someone HAS to get this poor baby !!! ?????

Attachments

• F132A51B-35DF-4CF0-BAB6-EA6933CA10D3.png
    F132A51B-35DF-4CF0-BAB6-EA6933CA10D3.png
    332.9 KB · Views: 21

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
They used to do that here with the client only paying for supplies. The vet donated his labor. But they don't do it anymore. So, here's all my new strays:

Uno
View attachment 338609View attachment 338610

Dos:

In this picture I had forgotten to close the door to the tortoise shed overnight, and I'm taking the picture through the vinyl strip door:
View attachment 338605View attachment 338606

He thinks if he keeps his eyes closed I can't see him.
View attachment 338608

And this is Tres. Misty had just chased him up the tree:

View attachment 338607

Today is the first time I've seen this one. He's made himself quite comfortable in the turtle yard:

View attachment 338611View attachment 338612
They are just waiting to take over the lovely heated tort houses :D

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Guys…?
HELP!!!!
HELP!!!!!!
HEEEEELLLLLPPPPP!!!!!

WHY?…WHY????…. WWHHYYYY DO PEOPLE NOT SEE THAT THERE IS SOMETHING NOT RIGHT HERE!!!!??
So sad - I hope someone with some common sense can give it a good home.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good morning/afternoon all.
It's cold and wet today.
I'm waiting form my nephew to pop in to help me put the Xmas things back up into the attic.
Then I have to have my annual asthma review - on the telephone!??‍♀️
Goodness knows how they'll do the usual peak flow test - maybe I'll have to blow into the receiver - should clear out any dust!:)

Anyway hope you all have a good Thursday. TTFN

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
That's really good.
I've never looked into it because strays aren't too much of a problem around here but I don't think our vets in the UK would do that. Maybe the PDSA or RSPCA would because they are charities.
I am not sure if every vet does it or if you have to take to the humane society. I will have to ask my brother.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Guys…?
HELP!!!!
HELP!!!!!!
HEEEEELLLLLPPPPP!!!!!

Oh that is so sad. I bet they don't think anything is wrong with the poor tort.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I am not sure if every vet does it or if you have to take to the humane society. I will have to ask my brother.
It's probably the humane society. Maybe they've started that program all over the US. I hope. My city has a problem with feral cats and so that program was instituted. A lot of people actually go around feeding them on their own. It is a more humane way of dealing with the problem than just rounding them up and euthanizing them.?

Jan A

Boulder, CO
Oh that is so sad. I bet they don't think anything is wrong with the poor tort.
Mary Knobbins had a baby!! Sorry, I couldn't resist.

It breaks my heart, too. That & the lady rescuing 2 torts from a friend & they have severe MBD or whatever the initials are & one is walking on his knees.

I will never understand the cruelty to animals thing

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Well...if it wants to rain today it will be my turn for snow because it's been in the 20's f all day. The weather man is calling for snow but that doesn't always mean it will hit my area.woohoo?❄️ either way I'll be sitting here trying to stay warm.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
It's probably the humane society. Maybe they've started that program all over the US. I hope. My city has a problem with feral cats and so that program was instituted. A lot of people actually go around feeding them on their own. It is a more humane way of dealing with the problem than just rounding them up and euthanizing them.?
Reminds me of Sabine - how she used to get into trouble with people in her town for feeding the strays. What a lovely lady she was I miss her singing to us.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
The rain has finally stopped!
Xmas stuff away, asthma review done - just a 'how have you been?' conversation - and a pile of ironing done.
I've ordered some Nutrazu (UK Mazuri) for Lola. I found somewhere online that does smaller bags of it. I didn't want to get a sack of it in case he turned his nose up at it - he's not tried it before, and I didn't fancy eating it for breakfast for the next few months!
So I've had quite a productive day.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Reminds me of Sabine - how she used to get into trouble with people in her town for feeding the strays. What a lovely lady she was I miss her singing to us.
I miss her too. I go on her utube channel every once in a while. There's some really cute videos there with her tortoises also. I've watched the people here filling hospital like sponge bath containers with cat food in places the cats are known to congregate. The thing is it's not only helping cats. I've seen raccoons come running when the people leave also. They all just eat there together. Pretty cute.