COLD DARK ROOM

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
Yesterday morning about 8 am, I decided to wash the car so I got all the stuff together...the McGuire's car wash and the tire cleaner and all that good stuff... so then I go out... I got on a hoodie and all that...I'm nice and warm rain boots and everything I knew it was cold so I brought a gallon of hot water poured that into my bucket and then put the hose in there and turned it on... and nothing happened. So then I had to spend about 15 minutes trying to figure out what was wrong...then I finally looked at the thermometer...I'm freaking out...the hose was frozen. It was only 25° outside. So I spent the day on the couch watching Roku and watching that World thing with Will Smith it's pretty damn good at least the photography is worth watching...it's hard for me to understand what they're saying. Anyway happy New Year and all that good stuff and I guess I'm going to go to church this morning...covering all my bases...
If you have a couple hours to watch a movie straight thru... I recommend watching a 1943 movie called..."The more the merrier". It's really funny. I became intrigued because I was so downright bored by the boob tube ? The only bad part was when I had to miss something because in my house duty calls...yanimals... I can't wait to watch it again

MenagerieGrl

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
El Sobrante, CA.
I miss the sun...in our recent snow fall the makeshift shade I put over one corner of the deck...stacked up a lot of snow then collapsed, when I was trying to clean up the mess, my leg went thru a rotten board...hurts pretty good and can't put weight on the leg...guess no
church after all...gotta do something about this deckView attachment 338463
@maggie3fan, Maggie, I hope your leg is ok . . .How are you doing? How's the leg?

MenagerieGrl

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
El Sobrante, CA.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Mark, Oh, that looks like it is right off of a Hallmark Christmas card. Beautiful. . . some time's I wish it snowed here.

Yes, it’s all looking very nice & Christmasy ?❄️ It’s still snowing really hard now. Our solar deck lights almost covered.

44C94564-9541-4B3E-8143-21BB2C717E59.jpeg

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Finally, some snow that actually falls in line with “predicted” accumulation amounts.

View attachment 338526
View attachment 338527
Wow that's so pretty! If we had had some rain we would have that too. The rain must have headed for you after it drenched us and flooded my backyard again while it was 66f. It's still only 33f at almost 4pm but no snow just a few snowflakes yesterday that didn't make it to the ground.?

MenagerieGrl

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
El Sobrante, CA.
Sometimes is the keyword!?
Ray, you ARE correct! . . . don't get me wrong.
I love the Hot weather,
I Love the cold weather, Yes,
I love Snow also, I just HATE the wind!
To get back to the snow thing, I'm a gardener (farm girl) while I love the snow. . . it is pretty hard to garden in it, unless you have a sizable Green house and heaters to suit ($$$) which I probably wouldn't be able to afford if I did live in Snow country....

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Ray, you ARE correct! . . . don't get me wrong.
I love the Hot weather,
I Love the cold weather, Yes,
I love Snow also, I just HATE the wind!
To get back to the snow thing, I'm a gardener (farm girl) while I love the snow. . . it is pretty hard to garden in it, unless you have a sizable Green house and heaters to suit ($$$) which I probably wouldn't be able to afford if I did live in Snow country....
And then there are reminders like this when I lived in Michigan. https://photos.app.goo.gl/cLtnCSbqJFmpmU676

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Sometimes is the keyword!?
Yes ?? sometimes I would like it to snow here... but only on the days I don't have doctor appointments. It seems like mother nature is out to get me. It's good weather until I HAVE to go for something good for me.?...

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good morning/afternoon all,
It's chillier today but very bright and sunny. No sign of any snow yet for us in South Wales and I'm hoping that any on the way to the UK will miss my area.
The holidays are over now and everything is as back to normal as it can be with staff shortages affecting hospitals, transport, schools etc because of covid. The symptoms may be milder but the isolation requirements are keeping people from work - it's the only safe way to slow the spread down though.
Anyway I hope you all have a good Tuesday.
Those of you that have snow stay safe!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good morning all, another bright and sunny, cold day - temps are back to what they should be now.
I've been busy packing up my Xmas tree etc to put away for another year ,but Lola is just stirring so I'd better go and fix his brunch.
Have a good Wednesday.