COLD DARK ROOM

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
Well... there was another country on the calendar news article whose time is about 30 years ago for us give or take. Sounds like a good calendar to me ? I think it said they have 14 months in their years.?

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
As always, thanks for the translation ? And what we call chips you call fries ?‍♀️ Lol
In places like MacDonald's chips are called fries, but usually chips (fries) are chips here - we have chip shops Yummy!!!?
I thought the US called chips fries and crisps are chips.
(all bad for you but delicious)

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
In places like MacDonald's chips are called fries, but usually chips (fries) are chips here - we have chip shops Yummy!!!?
I thought the US called chips fries and crisps are chips.
(all bad for you but delicious)
Here sometimes fries are called chips ? both are yum but usually chips are larger than fries. They are both crispy fried taters.and I guess chips or crisps are too. Ok I'm hungry...

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good morning/afternoon all.
It's still so very mild I've turned the heating right down this last week.?
We have rain and strong winds coming in this afternoon and then by mid week our temps should be back to normal for winter (then I'm sure we'll be complaining about that too :)).
I did another lateral flow test and thankfully that was also negative, but I'm still isolating - just in case - but so far no covid symptoms ?
Lola is out of his hide at the moment so I'd better go and do some housekeeping for him.
Have a good Sunday, TTFN

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Yesterday morning about 8 am, I decided to wash the car so I got all the stuff together...the McGuire's car wash and the tire cleaner and all that good stuff... so then I go out... I got on a hoodie and all that...I'm nice and warm rain boots and everything I knew it was cold so I brought a gallon of hot water poured that into my bucket and then put the hose in there and turned it on... and nothing happened. So then I had to spend about 15 minutes trying to figure out what was wrong...then I finally looked at the thermometer...I'm freaking out...the hose was frozen. It was only 25° outside. So I spent the day on the couch watching Roku and watching that World thing with Will Smith it's pretty damn good at least the photography is worth watching...it's hard for me to understand what they're saying. Anyway happy New Year and all that good stuff and I guess I'm going to go to church this morning...covering all my bases...

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Yeah, Sunday is my day to water the plants in the greenhouse, but there's quite a layer of frost on the roof which means my hose is probably frozen too. But SUN!!! the sky isn't overcast like its been for the past two weeks. We actually have SUN today!!!

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Yeah, Sunday is my day to water the plants in the greenhouse, but there's quite a layer of frost on the roof which means my hose is probably frozen too. But SUN!!! the sky isn't overcast like its been for the past two weeks. We actually have SUN today!!!
I miss the sun...in our recent snow fall the makeshift shade I put over one corner of the deck...stacked up a lot of snow then collapsed, when I was trying to clean up the mess, my leg went thru a rotten board...hurts pretty good and can't put weight on the leg...guess no
church after all...gotta do something about this deck100_1552.JPG

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
433DC82F-7077-42D0-AC25-8407B05862BC.jpeg
Hedgehogs are supposed to be hibernating, but it’s so warm that they’re active and hungry. It is a bit of a problem as there aren’t nearly enough beetles and worms for them to dine on at this time of year. My visitors, of course, have my feed station stocked with cat biscuits to tuck into.

The fox would quite like to tuck in as well, but just has to watch :D It doesn’t look like it’s been going hungry. This one is a very healthy looking specimen.

The weather must be a bit of a problem for UK tortoise keepers. Here in the UK, tortoises are usually boxed for winter and it just isn’t cold enough for safe hibernation. :(

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
View attachment 338467
Hedgehogs are supposed to be hibernating, but it’s so warm that they’re active and hungry. It is a bit of a problem as there aren’t nearly enough beetles and worms for them to dine on at this time of year. My visitors, of course, have my feed station stocked with cat biscuits to tuck into.

The fox would quite like to tuck in as well, but just has to watch :D It doesn’t look like it’s been going hungry. This one is a very healthy looking specimen.

The weather must be a bit of a problem for UK tortoise keepers. Here in the UK, tortoises are usually boxed for winter and it just isn’t cold enough for safe hibernation. :(
That fox is probably thinking you've put a packed lunch out for him.
I keep putting food out for my hedgehog even though I haven't seen him since the beginning of Nov. - just in case he pops in.