COLD DARK ROOM

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
OMG!!! Cameron, you can find anything!!!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Wishing you all a happy and healthy 2022.

It’s unseasonably warm here… 13C (55F) at midnight on New Year’s Eve is unheard of!

Happy New Year!
We've got the same going on. Too warm which I don't mind. Except it's winter. Happy New Year to you also.? It's a new year and we have a chance to make it a good one.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I suppose in the US you still have several hours to wait before New Year arrives.
Maybe another 4 hours to go on the East coast, about 7 hours on the west and somewhere in between for those of you in the middle?
I'm going to have to leave you now - it's 1.30ish here already and I didn't sleep much last night, plus I've had a brandy to toast 2022 so I'm feeling pretty tired now and going to take myself off to bed.
I hope you enjoy what's left of 2020 and have a good time welcoming in 2022.
I'll see you next year - until then take care
Nos Da bawb! :)

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I suppose in the US you still have several hours to wait before New Year arrives.
Maybe another 4 hours to go on the East coast, about 7 hours on the west and somewhere in between for those of you in the middle?
I'm going to have to leave you now - it's 1.30ish here already and I didn't sleep much last night, plus I've had a brandy to toast 2022 so I'm feeling pretty tired now and going to take myself off to bed.
Yes that's exactly how I feel where did the time go!? I'm still back in 2020 too and as a matter of fact even before that.?

Snoopy’s mom

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Honolulu
Did you miss 2021? ?

MenagerieGrl

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
El Sobrante, CA.

MenagerieGrl

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
El Sobrante, CA.
@Lyn W blwyddyn Newydd Dda . . wishing you the best for upcoming year....

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
A very happy and healthy 2022 to you too Chef!
Are you working, partying or having a quiet night in like me?
Hey Lyn!!!
Happy new year dear.
I stayed in.
Like a dope I started to paint my bedroom!
It was the only time I had off from work and the weather as you said is a balmy 55 degrees???
I am contimplating if it is Mother Nature whos got the menopause or if it’s just me? ?

TheLastGreen

Johannesburg
Happy S. African New Year to @TheLastGreen
(they're 2 hours ahead of the UK so will just be starting 2022).
Hope you're having fun with the family tonight!!!
Happy New Year! С новым годом! Blwyddyn Newydd Dda @Lyn W ! My friends, may you all have a year as glorious as you are. We spent the night next to our braai, with the lights of Gouritz on the horizon, and the sky was draped and littered with stars, the Milkyway galaxy, and the Magellanic clouds. Once more, a most glorious New Year!IMG-20220101-WA0000.jpg

Last edited:

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I seem to have brushed over 2021!?
It went so fast I didn't notice it!!
You all know what I meant anyway!

Last edited:

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good morning/afternoon all on this first day of 2022.
It's a grey but very mild day here again.
This is really going to confuse the wildlife ?
They'll be waking up thinking it's spring only to be back in the freezer next week.
My bluebells are already spiking up through the soil - about a month early.
Anyway I hope you all have a good day.
I'm off to see if I can get a pcr test.
See you later!

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Good morning/afternoon all on this first day of 2022.
It's a grey but very mild day here again.
This is really going to confuse the wildlife ?
They'll be waking up thinking it's spring only to be back in the freezer next week.
My bluebells are already spiking up through the soil - about a month early.
Anyway I hope you all have a good day.
I'm off to see if I can get a pcr test.
See you later!

Yes - too balmy & Spring like. Hard to believe your Bluebells are pushing up up already. I keep looking for our early Crocus to pop soon, and I think our woodland Cyclamen are still blooming.

Here’s a pix of a bit of the little spread of treats that wifey put out for us to graze on last night as we watched the New Year enter.
BA10B422-279B-45F0-9123-37D3AB8AE943.jpeg

MenagerieGrl

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
El Sobrante, CA.
Yes - too balmy & Spring like. Hard to believe your Bluebells are pushing up up already. I keep looking for our early Crocus to pop soon, and I think our woodland Cyclamen are still blooming.

Here’s a pix of a bit of the little spread of treats that wifey put out for us to graze on last night as we watched the New Year enter.
View attachment 338402
Wow, impressive spread.
It is just me, here, so going through all that work, for just myself, just doesn't seem worth it. Hope you had a wonderful evening.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK

View attachment 338402
I had a bag of crisps and some peanuts!!!
(crisps I believe = potato chips in US)

Last edited:

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Joe as I predicted woke me up about 10 minutes before the ball drop and refused to let me go back to sleep ? well...at least I won't sleep 2022 away. It's been 63f since about 4am and has just now dropped a degree at 2pm. Also it's been raining just about all day. I guess I should be grateful it's not snow. But with most people getting the day off it would have been a perfect day for it.