COLD DARK ROOM

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
y

Yes, this lil guy is full of Pi** & vinegar....I think he's going to be a handful
They're fun. They make you think. And very personable with other animals and people. Sapphire is and only hates turtles and probably tortoises even worse. He's been a real blessing.and so funny.🤗

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
I heard today that my youngest son finally is down with covid after going through this whole pandemic without coming down with it. His wife is a registered nurse that worked through it all and he just now got it. Go figure. My eldest is about to drive for about 2 hours with his son and girlfriend in the same vehicle. My grandson tested positive a few days ago and his girlfriend is sick. My eldest son has had severe health problems his whole life. He keeps living.🤗 He's not vaccinated because of his status on vaccination. He can't. But he's managed all this time to keep from getting it. It would be a shame if he gets it trying to help his son. I gave them a pack of medical masks and sent prayers that's all I can do.🙏
I hope they all make a speedy recovery and that your eldest manages to avoid it.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Hum so I'm in for something then . . My old roommate, that is in a fb tort group, has just given me a, I believe, 13yr old Russian Named Junior.
She was keeping him and a Redfoot named Spot, together in a too small enclosure (Yes I know . . SMH) Junior was biting the red foot, so she asked if I would take him and give him a home here. 2 weeks later she went out and got another Redfoot (SMH, again), and I'm trying to learn her on the care and feeding of Redfoot's from what I have learned here. Anyway, I have (under short, close supervision) allowed the Russian and My Leopard who is twice the size, time together and dang, that junior is a "Land shark". Eh'hhhh! TIME OUT! that was a 5 minute experiment. So, I have a new Enclosure to build for my new Tort Junior...and YES, the dude has a beak!
They really don't like company do they?
Redfoots can be more tolerant if they have a big enough space to avoid each other but otherwise I think your friend's two will be quite stressed. Zeropilot has seen bullying in RF :(

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good morning/afternoon all.
My old laptop finally gave up the ghost so I haven't been able to access the internet for a while. Thankfully my brother in law has given me a loan of his old laptop so that I can shop around for a new one. I've really been stuck without one, and can't even get around the shops to replace it - I really have been well and truly isolated!! Hopefully I'll find a good deal somewhere.
I'm still coughing and testing positive, but feeling much better in myself. I still have to isolate though because I'm probably infectious and don't want to be spreading this around.
Numbers of covid cased are still on the rise and hospitals have stopped visitors again to try to stop the spread.
The temps are also rising here in the UK with talk of 90F on the way for some areas over the weekend. Too hot for me!!! It's quite overcast today but still about 77F.
I hope you're all well and staying safe and cool!

MenagerieGrl

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
El Sobrante, CA.
My old laptop finally gave up the ghost so I haven't been able to access the internet for a while. Thankfully my brother in law has given me a loan of his old laptop so that I can shop around for a new one. I've really been stuck without one, and can't even get around the shops to replace it - I really have been well and truly isolated!! Hopefully I'll find a good deal somewhere.
I'm still coughing and testing positive, but feeling much better in myself. I still have to isolate though because I'm probably infectious and don't want to be spreading this around.
Numbers of covid cased are still on the rise and hospitals have stopped visitors again to try to stop the spread.
The temps are also rising here in the UK with talk of 90F on the way for some areas over the weekend. Too hot for me!!! It's quite overcast today but still about 77F.
Sorry to hear about your laptop, I primarily use my Laptop 98% of the time, But I do have a Desktop, So should my laptop die, I do have a way to get online. This one reason why I still do like to get paper bills, Because I don't like missing a payment.
I AM glad to hear your Covid symptoms are mild now. Just as another new variant has raised it's ugly head...Please take care of yourself, we miss seeing you around here in the CDR 😉

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I'm so glad you are feeling better. Here in the US if you've recently had COVID then they don't recommend testing because you can test positive even after you are recovered. After so many days, I think it was 7 days after coming down with it that you are allowed out of isolation. Now it's 5 days. I don't believe them. I stayed away from people for about 3 weeks. I still wear a mask also. And I know it's just a little deterrent but they also help with other things like allergies and other colds. What I worry about is the health problems it can cause afterwards possibly even if you didn't have a bad case with it. My brother got pneumonia twice within that year after. I think that COVID weakened his immune system even though he had a mild case. My eldest son didn't have to ride with his son. The Lord works in mysterious ways. Chris is having a mild case. So we'll see what happens.🤗

norma.b

St Lucia ESTUARY KZN South Africa
Something you want to do, or have to do? I'd go crazy seeing those wild animals in the flesh that is just super cool...
Its been a great experience. Often been on a drive and see so many animals in one day. It's like being a part of Nature. Living amongst them has been a rare privilege. I know I will miss this way of life but in a couple of months it will be time to move back to the big city.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Its been a great experience. Often been on a drive and see so many animals in one day. It's like being a part of Nature. Living amongst them has been a rare privilege. I know I will miss this way of life but in a couple of months it will be time to move back to the big city.
Have you been able to see ostriches? In the wild? It's pretty amazing to watch a male do the mating dance. It's so beautiful.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Massive storms just blew through here in Maryland. Tons of rain & wind gusts over 70 mph. Power knocked out. Our little solar powered system is up & operational. 😀👍
Is it blowing west to east? Where I am was supposed to get some stormy weather but it must have went south a bit, picked up speed, and kicked you all in the butt. Sorry.🤗

norma.b

Have you been able to see ostriches? In the wild? It's pretty amazing to watch a male do the mating dance. It's so beautiful.
Unfortunately no Ostriches in our parks but there are a couple of farms that have them. More found in the Cape area. The mating dance is magical to watch they wave their wings and bow turning around each other. Can be very defensive of their nests and eggs. Can kick like a horse and bite. Some farms allow guests to ride in their backs and even race them.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Hum so I'm in for something then . . My old roommate, that is in a fb tort group, has just given me a, I believe, 13yr old Russian Named Junior.
She was keeping him and a Redfoot named Spot, together in a too small enclosure (Yes I know . . SMH) Junior was biting the red foot, so she asked if I would take him and give him a home here. 2 weeks later she went out and got another Redfoot (SMH, again), and I'm trying to learn her on the care and feeding of Redfoot's from what I have learned here. Anyway, I have (under short, close supervision) allowed the Russian and My Leopard who is twice the size, time together and dang, that junior is a "Land shark". Eh'hhhh! TIME OUT! that was a 5 minute experiment. So, I have a new Enclosure to build for my new Tort Junior...and YES, the dude has a beak!
That beak needs to be trimmed.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Well the winds haven't been cooperating. We finally got out Tues afternoon. It's been tough fishing for everyone the last week. So I wasn't expecting much. We went 5 for 6 all king salmon. So I was very happy with the results. Will have pics tomorrow.
Hope everyone is doing good!

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Well the winds haven't been cooperating. We finally got out Tues afternoon. It's been tough fishing for everyone the last week. So I wasn't expecting much. We went 5 for 6 all king salmon. So I was very happy with the results. Will have pics tomorrow.
Hope everyone is doing good!
Jealous....very!........Never hooked a KS......but Tarpons sure are a blast. Easier to feed by hand than to catch with a hook....LOL

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Unfortunately no Ostriches in our parks but there are a couple of farms that have them. More found in the Cape area. The mating dance is magical to watch they wave their wings and bow turning around each other. Can be very defensive of their nests and eggs. Can kick like a horse and bite. Some farms allow guests to ride in their backs and even race them.
I used to help in a sanctuary that had a male and female. They did wind up breeding and had several babies. For some reason both of them liked me and I didn't have much problems with them. But they did get a few people down and kick the tar out of them. They were lucky they didn't get disemboweled. The bite is kinda like a rubber duck feeling but can skin you up a little but is not all that bad. I think they thought I was a child or something because of my size because they were always careful with me. I totally enjoyed them.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Still no power since last night’s big storm. It’s yucky. Hot & humid & no a/c. Early morning run for bags of ice for our coolers to keep frozen salmon filets cold. Solar panel is out & charging up my battery bank - internet, fan & air bubblers for aquariums. Hopefully back by late afternoon.

Lots & lots of trees & power lines down all over the place.

norma.b

I hope they all make a speedy recovery and that your eldest manages to avoid it.
That beak needs to be trimmed.

Still no power since last night’s big storm. It’s yucky. Hot & humid & no a/c. Early morning run for bags of ice for our coolers to keep frozen salmon filets cold. Solar panel is out & charging up my battery bank - internet, fan & air bubblers for aquariums. Hopefully back by late afternoon.

Lots & lots of trees & power lines down all over the place.
So sorry to hear of all the problems you are having due to the storm. Hope the power is restored soon. Stay safe.