COLD DARK ROOM

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Our rain events are over for a while. So far today the sun is out, and hopefully it will stay out the rest of the day. Supposed to get up into the lower 50's. I didn't get around to raking up the leaves around the entrance to my house, and all the wet weather rotted them. It's VERY slippery to walk around that side of my house. Hopefully with a sunny day I'll be able to scrape them up and get them removed.

TriciaStringer

5 Year Member
Louisiana
It’s another rainy day here. Being in Louisiana, 2 months of no rain is always desired. I’ll be more than happy to water plants myself. The sheep all needed a good shower though. They were dirty. We have LSU vet coming out on Tuesday to do a flock check. We are worried about feet because of all the water for so long, and we are ready to sell our ram and get a new one. We want a good report on him.
Vet bills seem to be never ending over here. My house now has four cats. We went from zero to three in a year and then my daughter was given a Bengal kitten recently. They all live inside. I grew up with a terrible cat allergy. I needed an inhaler anytime I went to a house with cats in it. This is why we had zero cats. Now, no reaction. It’s crazy. We love them m, but I’ll be a little bit excited when my daughter moves out (getting married next year) and takes two of them (Sphinx and Bengal). The litter boxes are a constant aggravation. Any tips? We do not allow our cats outside. Our oldest cat appeared under our porch a couple years ago, tiny and pregnant. She’s the only one that has lived outside. She is now a pampered diva.
Here is a picture I took this morning of the Sphinx being treated like a baby and a pic of our newest twins born on Thursday. I was weighing them. They were such a sweet surprise when I got home from work, a boy and girl.

I’m serious about cat litter tips. Give them to me. 51C5ADB9-DDFC-4B02-843F-70BAE90B2800.jpeg

Attachments

• F3062F31-AB45-421C-9E3F-42CEF26AD0DE.jpeg
    F3062F31-AB45-421C-9E3F-42CEF26AD0DE.jpeg
    776.5 KB · Views: 1
  • 398B760A-C0E0-4683-8240-8BEB07BDF7DD.jpeg
    398B760A-C0E0-4683-8240-8BEB07BDF7DD.jpeg
    821.9 KB · Views: 2

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
It’s another rainy day here. Being in Louisiana, 2 months of no rain is always desired. I’ll be more than happy to water plants myself. The sheep all needed a good shower though. They were dirty. We have LSU vet coming out on Tuesday to do a flock check. We are worried about feet because of all the water for so long, and we are ready to sell our ram and get a new one. We want a good report on him.
Vet bills seem to be never ending over here. My house now has four cats. We went from zero to three in a year and then my daughter was given a Bengal kitten recently. They all live inside. I grew up with a terrible cat allergy. I needed an inhaler anytime I went to a house with cats in it. This is why we had zero cats. Now, no reaction. It’s crazy. We love them m, but I’ll be a little bit excited when my daughter moves out (getting married next year) and takes two of them (Sphinx and Bengal). The litter boxes are a constant aggravation. Any tips? We do not allow our cats outside. Our oldest cat appeared under our porch a couple years ago, tiny and pregnant. She’s the only one that has lived outside. She is now a pampered diva.
Here is a picture I took this morning of the Sphinx being treated like a baby and a pic of our newest twins born on Thursday. I was weighing them. They were such a sweet surprise when I got home from work, a boy and girl.

I’m serious about cat litter tips. Give them to me. View attachment 353543
How cute does it get!🤗as far as litter goes, I use a tall sides litter box with a rubber litter mat in front of it for our ONE cat. I only have to scoop it once a day. I also have only used tidy cat litter because it actually helps with the odor. I use the whole instant action multiple cat clumping in a 14lb jug. I only have to change it out when the litter gets low in the litter box. As far as tracking the rubber litter mat helps but does ANYONE!!!???in the world have a cure for that 🤗

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Well... I actually figured out something.⚡ 😁about that dang TC02 🤗. And the dang WiFi and Bluetooth to boot 👢. I'm ready to strap it to a tree and see what happens.😊 Plus I can decide when to snap from the app and what to download, if I have time to watch from my phone 🤳

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
"Pooph", for pets.. a spray for folks that don't like to smell their animals.

I didn't know we had members with a Zoo<LOL>! What a great life for the kids!

Can't wait to see the pics Ms Cathie!

What a cold, dreary weekend! Yuck...it's even raining here today which makes it worse. Ah well.

We had a great w/e over at Kerry's. I put the bikes together Friday afternoon while she was still teaching then we had a teachers party to attend.

We had errands to do Sat morning then we went up to DE to shop for big bins to put the bikes in. I saw a vid where they put folding bikes in a plastic bin making it easier to put in and put of the truck. GREAT idea! We tested it after we got home...oh yeah...that's the ticket! The bins are the 50gal/200qt from Walmart and sit side by side in the back of my truck.

We got home in the afternoon and it still hadn't broken 40 outside but we bundled up like troopers and went for a ride to try out the bikes. They are great! Great takeoff power though just short of a being able to do a wheelie. There are 7 bike gears which function flawlessly and they use a quick shifter of sorts(blue button). I was hoping the gearing would have been taller in 7th gear but it's fine. Then run great, don't make noise other then the fat tires.

Comfort is a little different with fat tires....they provide a lot of comfort and tractability(I was doing hills in the grass) at the cost of noise. The front forks do their job well enough but there is no rear suspension(it's a Hardtail Mags!) so I'll get a couple of sprung seat posts. I LOVE them on the scooters but of course the seat posts are different sizes, darn!

Kerry and "her little red bike".
20230121_141239.jpg20230121_142330_HDR - Copy.jpg

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
"Pooph", for pets.. a spray for folks that don't like to smell their animals.

I didn't know we had members with a Zoo<LOL>! What a great life for the kids!

Can't wait to see the pics Ms Cathie!

What a cold, dreary weekend! Yuck...it's even raining here today which makes it worse. Ah well.

We had a great w/e over at Kerry's. I put the bikes together Friday afternoon while she was still teaching then we had a teachers party to attend.

We had errands to do Sat morning then we went up to DE to shop for big bins to put the bikes in. I saw a vid where they put folding bikes in a plastic bin making it easier to put in and put of the truck. GREAT idea! We tested it after we got home...oh yeah...that's the ticket! The bins are the 50gal/200qt from Walmart and sit side by side in the back of my truck.

We got home in the afternoon and it still hadn't broken 40 outside but we bundled up like troopers and went for a ride to try out the bikes. They are great! Great takeoff power though just short of a being able to do a wheelie. There are 7 bike gears which function flawlessly and they use a quick shifter of sorts(blue button). I was hoping the gearing would have been taller in 7th gear but it's fine. Then run great, don't make noise other then the fat tires.

Comfort is a little different with fat tires....they provide a lot of comfort and tractability(I was doing hills in the grass) at the cost of noise. The front forks do their job well enough but there is no rear suspension(it's a Hardtail Mags!) so I'll get a couple of sprung seat posts. I LOVE them on the scooters but of course the seat posts are different sizes, darn!

Kerry and "her little red bike".
View attachment 353560View attachment 353561
I'm still playing around with the camera and the app 😁 where in the heck do I mount it and lock it up. I'd be heartbroken to lose it.😊 Kerry looks so happy 😊. The bikes look to be really fun. One of my brothers has been riding one. He intends to get one. Do they make a tricycle? Cause that's what I would need 🙃😁

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
How cute does it get!🤗as far as litter goes, I use a tall sides litter box with a rubber litter mat in front of it for our ONE cat. I only have to scoop it once a day. I also have only used tidy cat litter because it actually helps with the odor. I use the whole instant action multiple cat clumping in a 14lb jug. I only have to change it out when the litter gets low in the litter box. As far as tracking the rubber litter mat helps but does ANYONE!!!???in the world have a cure for that 🤗
I have a small shag bath mat right outside the spot where the cats go in and out of the box. The shag does a good job of capturing the litter from their feet. Also, I use a large, tall sided plastic tote with a door cut into it instead of a regular litter box.

Last edited:

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
They DO make etricycles, Here's a link to one but there is a lot to these things in real wattage and battery capacity...so shop around b/c they are not inexpensive!

The prev owner of Kerry house had the shag rugs next to the bathroom litter box. The floor register had so much litter, poop and God know what down deep into the ducts...she had to get the ducts cleaned with biocides. LOL

I just typed out my letter to Ally....and was barely able to sign my own name, my seething anger is actually making my hands shake! I can't even write the address! I'll get one of the guys to write it for me when they get in later. LOL

Oooooommmmm, calm yourself jeffrey......ooooooommmmmmm

Enjoy the day guys!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I have a small shag bath mat right outside the spot where the cats go in and out of the box. The shag does a good job of capturing the litter from their feet. Also, I use a large, tall sided plastic tote with a door cut into it instead of a regular litter box.
I'll try the shag bath mat. That's a great idea and washable to boot. And yes it'll have to be small or Dilly will use it for a bed. 😁. Dilly's litter box is a high sided like you describe. I've used totes for kittens 🙂 and of all things a large aquarium once for a litter 😅 they liked climbing in and out of it 🤣 I only had to put them in it once. They liked and used it.🤗

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
They DO make etricycles, Here's a link to one but there is a lot to these things in real wattage and battery capacity...so shop around b/c they are not inexpensive!

The prev owner of Kerry house had the shag rugs next to the bathroom litter box. The floor register had so much litter, poop and God know what down deep into the ducts...she had to get the ducts cleaned with biocides. LOL

I just typed out my letter to Ally....and was barely able to sign my own name, my seething anger is actually making my hands shake! I can't even write the address! I'll get one of the guys to write it for me when they get in later. LOL

Oooooommmmm, calm yourself jeffrey......ooooooommmmmmm

Enjoy the day guys!
Yea you don't put those next to that and not clean now and then or you'll have to do a lot 😉duh 🙄 prevention is the best medicine I say. If you find you have to do more work find an easier way geesh 😁

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Yea you don't put those next to that and not clean now and then or you'll have to do a lot 😉duh 🙄 prevention is the best medicine I say. If you find you have to do more work find an easier way geesh 😁
Oh my garsh and baked cat litter perfuming your home like poo purr..ee 😱in the meantime.😜

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
poo purr..ee
I worry about you......LOL

I dodged a bullet driving home home yesterday.....Hwy traffic stopped right next to an exit I could use....I debated for a few moments then had a weird feeling that this was going to be bad....THANK YOU to everyone who let me get from the left lane off....as I got off the highway, I could see for miles down the highway....stopped for as far as the eye could see!
From where I got off, it's even time & distance to get home.....WHEW!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Another bad picture through my living room window from my Smart phone. I've been lazy and studying that trail camera. It's been cold and snowy. I don't want to stick my nose out the door and mount it until I know exactly where and how. But!🤗 I did manage to get a picture of the bird I think is a Northern Flicker. My hands were literally shaking I was so excited 😆. Here s/he is.IMG_20230124_104144410.jpg

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
Another bad picture through my living room window from my Smart phone. I've been lazy and studying that trail camera. It's been cold and snowy. I don't want to stick my nose out the door and mount it until I know exactly where and how. But!🤗 I did manage to get a picture of the bird I think is a Northern Flicker. My hands were literally shaking I was so excited 😆. Here s/he is.View attachment 353608
If that is a terribly bad photo you should need a gallery for your good ones!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
If that is a terribly bad photo you should need a gallery for your good ones!
Do you think it's a Northern Flicker? I'm not sure 😊. It's a little blurry because of my excitement. The dang bird was finally letting me get a picture through the window. Usually s/he takes off if I even move. I couldn't believe my luck 🤞 I was trying my best to keep my hands still and snap at the same time.snapsnapsnapsnapsnap etc etc 🤗⚡🤳

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Do you think it's a Northern Flicker? I'm not sure 😊. It's a little blurry because of my excitement. The dang bird was finally letting me get a picture through the window. Usually s/he takes off if I even move. I couldn't believe my luck 🤞 I was trying my best to keep my hands still and snap at the same time.snapsnapsnapsnapsnap etc etc 🤗⚡🤳

Pretty sure that it’s not a Northern Flicker. The males are very distinctive & females have that nice neck patch. Overall coloration just looks off (unless it’s a juvenile).

A8CAD3B5-50D6-4549-9AFB-477288E9BE93.jpeg