COLD DARK ROOM

jeff kushner

Location (City and/or State)
North of Annapolis
Lyn has been much colder than here....hope it warms a bit for you.

That pic is Fantastic Ray !! People would have turned to look if I had seen that at work!

You must be in the central Flyway Ms Cathie......I remember a little kid in Ann Arbor on the Huron seeing huge, seemingly miles long formations of geese. Is Ann Arbor North of where you are?

I only see them occasionally them on this side of the Bay but ....Kerry lives in the Eastern Flyway There are always geese making noise a couple hundred yds away on the water and it's a huge business. We heard them open up right at daybreak last Sat......10 shots, sounded like 4 guns....1 lead shot, then all at once in the distance in a field somewhere......"dem city boys is a bit slower ya know" LOL

Shed folks sent an automated msg, they will deliver Tues so I'll go over Mon night and work from home on Tues....isn't that great? "work from home"
Can we possibly find a better way to say "I'm Goofing off"?

LOL

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
I
Lyn has been much colder than here....hope it warms a bit for you.

That pic is Fantastic Ray !! People would have turned to look if I had seen that at work!

You must be in the central Flyway Ms Cathie......I remember a little kid in Ann Arbor on the Huron seeing huge, seemingly miles long formations of geese. Is Ann Arbor North of where you are?

I only see them occasionally them on this side of the Bay but ....Kerry lives in the Eastern Flyway There are always geese making noise a couple hundred yds away on the water and it's a huge business. We heard them open up right at daybreak last Sat......10 shots, sounded like 4 guns....1 lead shot, then all at once in the distance in a field somewhere......"dem city boys is a bit slower ya know" LOL

Shed folks sent an automated msg, they will deliver Tues so I'll go over Mon night and work from home on Tues....isn't that great? "work from home"
Can we possibly find a better way to say "I'm Goofing off"?

LOL
Jeff, if you are talking about Ann Arbor Michigan. Then you were farther north.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
The Flyway runs N/S between Canada and Southern US. I was asking Ms Cathie is where she lives, is in line with Ann Arbor.

Geez Ray, I did go to school, till the 10th grade anyway.....I know that MI is north of OH.............LOL....

The cold truth comes out...jeffrey is a HS dropout...girls in OC MD won out over school....and it wasn't even a close decision.......what will he ever do in life? LMAO

I'm going to have to go out on my deck and see if the whatevers are coming up, like Marks.....those look so good this time of year....Spring is coming!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
The Flyway runs N/S between Canada and Southern US. I was asking Ms Cathie is where she lives, is in line with Ann Arbor.

Geez Ray, I did go to school, till the 10th grade anyway.....I know that MI is north of OH.............LOL....

The cold truth comes out...jeffrey is a HS dropout...girls in OC MD won out over school....and it wasn't even a close decision.......what will he ever do in life? LMAO

I'm going to have to go out on my deck and see if the whatevers are coming up, like Marks.....those look so good this time of year....Spring is coming!
I'm in Fairfield county Ohio. I've seen so many different birds that really shouldn't be here because I'm always watching. I just don't have enough knowledge to know what I've witnessed half the time. I've seen white pelicans, sandpipers, and many others that I have no clue what they are. I think birds pass through this area because it's a borderline wetlands area. Maybe it's a good area to recoup on their journey.There's a couple of small rivers that run through our city. I've seen a lot of other wildlife living along them too. Some places are shallow enough to see a great blue heron fishing in the river. I managed to startle one as much as he startled me in the city I live in 😊. It's fun. Out in the country side is just as interesting if not more.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl

LOL Sorry Jeff I miss read your post.I always thought you were from mars.😁There is a place called Jack Miners bird sanctuary. It is near Windsor Canada. In the fall that is one of the stops for the geese migration to the south. There are thousands of geese there in the fall. I went there when I was in junior high. I guess I will check and see if they are still open.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Those flightpaths seem to be getting wider and wider each year! LOL

They didn't USED to look like that, they used to be much more defined back in the "before time" when science guided these things, when I was a child! LOL

There is a lot of nature out there, when you are looking for it! I'll take your snow, we got nothing....and they even painted all the roads here on Wed night/thur morn w/ snomelt...wonder what that cost was....for rain.

Wide awake at Midnight.....gonna be a long night but it's Friday and we can do 1 day standing on our head!

Appointment time;
Good friend who like me used to road race and unlike me, owns a motorcycle shop near Kerry house recommended a very specific chiropractor for my issues with being Superman for so long.

I finally call and make appointment for Feb 9th......proud that I had accomplished this and might find some relief then I began wondering...where is their office? Before going to bed, I checked the address.................I live between Annapolis and Baltimore.............their office is in Dover DE.....75 miles away LMAO

It's okay, I'm kinda tired of having a back that makes more noise than a bowl of Rice Krispies but I also won't claim that it's anything near as bad as some of you have to deal with....just typical "jeff whining" in the early morning hours.

You guys are used to it by now.....i hope lol

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
It's beginning to be noticeable. I do my thing and shower and get ready for work while chatting up Matilda who has graced me with her early morning presence, then hop in the truck.

I pull out and can't see a thing.....we have those nights sometimes, where night-vision is really bad, I figure that since I didn't do anything that would have dilated my pupils before leaving this morning, I just couldn't see. A few miles later, I put on my brights but they won't stay on...darn I thought, the switch must be broke....160K miles and the switch broke. I continue down Rt 97, a 65mph highway for 5 miles or so.....then in the glare of the Severna Park lights, I see my trucks dash switches and see I only have the parking and fog lights on..................no wonder I couldn't see.

It's becoming noticeable!

They say having a bit of humility is good for the soul..... even superman does it sometimes! LOL

oh okay, often, feel better now ?

Yes, thank you.

Jan A

Boulder, CO
It's beginning to be noticeable. I do my thing and shower and get ready for work while chatting up Matilda who has graced me with her early morning presence, then hop in the truck.

I pull out and can't see a thing.....we have those nights sometimes, where night-vision is really bad, I figure that since I didn't do anything that would have dilated my pupils before leaving this morning, I just couldn't see. A few miles later, I put on my brights but they won't stay on...darn I thought, the switch must be broke....160K miles and the switch broke. I continue down Rt 97, a 65mph highway for 5 miles or so.....then in the glare of the Severna Park lights, I see my trucks dash switches and see I only have the parking and fog lights on..................no wonder I couldn't see.

They say having a bit of humility is good for the soul..... even superman does it sometimes! LOL

Yes, thank you.
Well, at least you know your eyes still work.

"Well, we're back in the car again." Response: "At least we"re out of the tree." Jurassic Park

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster

Yes, thank you.
And well... they say the memory is the first thing to go. I forget what the second one is.🤔😊

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
No, the background's too busy. Makes it hard to see the birds.
Yes 👍 and mounted the other way will be cars. I'll be using my Feit also when I'm able. Zoom the feeders and tree. Lots of birds.. I want it mounted where I can catch the ground activity too.🤗

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Those flightpaths seem to be getting wider and wider each year! LOL

They didn't USED to look like that, they used to be much more defined back in the "before time" when science guided these things, when I was a child! LOL

There is a lot of nature out there, when you are looking for it! I'll take your snow, we got nothing....and they even painted all the roads here on Wed night/thur morn w/ snomelt...wonder what that cost was....for rain.

Wide awake at Midnight.....gonna be a long night but it's Friday and we can do 1 day standing on our head!

Appointment time;
Good friend who like me used to road race and unlike me, owns a motorcycle shop near Kerry house recommended a very specific chiropractor for my issues with being Superman for so long.

I finally call and make appointment for Feb 9th......proud that I had accomplished this and might find some relief then I began wondering...where is their office? Before going to bed, I checked the address.................I live between Annapolis and Baltimore.............their office is in Dover DE.....75 miles away LMAO

It's okay, I'm kinda tired of having a back that makes more noise than a bowl of Rice Krispies but I also won't claim that it's anything near as bad as some of you have to deal with....just typical "jeff whining" in the early morning hours.

You guys are used to it by now.....i hope lol
Back pain is terrible and is affected by every little movement of everything else , so hope your chiropractor can help. Have you tried a TENS machine?

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good afternoon/evening all,
It has been slightly warmer but still frosty starts and very chilly here. I'm told there's a possibility that we could have another 'Beast from The East' on its way to us which if like the one we had in March of 2018, means heavy snow, but we'll see - it's probably and hopefully just a rumour.
I hope you're all having a good Friday and looking forward to the weekend.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Went wood shopping this morning at our local DIY store (Lowes.) I’m building a small proper heavy duty woodworking bench & needed some lumber for the legs & base. Already have the top - a nice piece of finished butcher block countertop. But what a cluster mess of “wood”. Searched through piles of 4x4x8ft long posts … just a mish mash of twisted junk. We found nicer looking Fir posts but they were triple the price. Eventually we find acceptable Southern Yellow Pine treated posts & find two 8 footers. (Then we schelp back & return the two Fir posts).

Next, Time to find some decent 2x4sx8. We needed about 24 board feet…spent a good 30 minutes sorting Lowes wood for them in our quest for straight unsplintered wood. We then spotted the “Top Choice” wood…but still went through 50 boards to find 4 acceptable ones. Terrible.

Just terrible wood selection AND they want you to pay for it! Most of their dimensional “lumber” should be chopped up & sold as kindling.

Picked up a few more boards for bird houses.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Just terrible wood selection AND they want you to pay for it! Most of their dimensional “lumber” should be chopped up & sold as kindling.

Picked up a few more boards for bird houses.

At least you went to Lowes first. I made the mistake of going to Home Depot and found their wood to be a grade less than Lowes, when I ended up there!

You keep doing this stuff Mark and you're going to become a real carpenter. Not too bad a gig, there was another I remember reading about, 2000 yrs after his life!