COLD DARK ROOM

jeff kushner

Location (City and/or State)
North of Annapolis
Thanks Y,
Shed is for my motorcycles primarily but I have to pare down the collection first.

We got an inch of snow on my way to work this morning. 5 cars on the entire highway, one was driving 35mph in the center lane!
Then, through Upper Marlboro, I realize that someone is on my side of the highway, driving TOWARDS me! Really Dude? Put out da blunt and get your mind right dumbaZZ! I pulled to the right shoulder to go around him as he zipped up the fast lane in the wrong direction. Wonder how that worked out for him?

Ray....I did a rough survey w/ GPS for her property last summer. The shed is sitting off her property by 6' on the one end......................and no one will ever say a word since she backs to a set of two creeks in the woods. No one will ever know....and if they do, it's an easy move. You are right though, in a community with homes behind, you have to set it correctly. I went over and spoke to my neighbor before erecting a canopy for my truck out front. I don't have room in the garage for it. Technically I didn't need his approval but you know the drill....it's easier, just easier!

Marks shed looks suspiciously illegal! LMAO

Hate to be the bearer of bad news Lyn, but I broke a little toe at the start of 2020, Covid....and it still hurts! We just heal a little slower now. I used to break and arm in the morning and be fine by lunch!

Oh, I found this in a book.........................dang, proves I'm till 4 years old but I think part of that is living with myself...can you imagine? I laugh my bum off every day, I just look into the mirror!

Live, laugh & love in that order, with heaping helpings & SECONDS!!

LOL

20230201_135540.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Speaking of permits, my daughter now lives in my previous house. They've been dickering with a solar company to have solar installed. It was supposed to be in by last christmas. When my son in law recently contacted them they told him they were having trouble getting the permit because when my husband built the barn he didn't pull a permit, and a little lean-to shed that I built wasn't permitted. Upon further research they discovered that my husband got some sort of ag dispensation for the barn.

Moral to the story, one never knows when not getting a permit comes back to bite you.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Sorry to hear your long time friend passed Ms Cathie. The problem in getting old as I see it, we outlive friends...both varieties and frankly, it sucks. Snap some pics of his relatives and smile on the inside, you DID give him and them, a good life. Come on, nothing EVER tried to eat them! LOL...cept maybe the cat? Try to put on the happy face!

I'm happy to be back at the office today....(someone shoot me) but when I left to go to kerrys for shed duty, I left my folder here...I didn't get much done yesterday. The shed saga, is over....it started raining at 5am, and never stopped. They had told me the guy would call in the morn but he never did. I was stressing b/c I have actual work to do and can't be on the Shore waiting for a shed in case it didn't come....but at 2 something, I watched it roll past the house.....to the wrong address...LOL

They got it right and got it done; Those 3 guys are my A team.....they didn't even need Kerry's dogwood removed out front!
View attachment 353841View attachment 353842View attachment 353843

Blocked and leveled.....I'm happy with that...you can't see it but they got w/i inches of the painted spots on the ground at the corners. I'll have to stretch my carpenter skills to build a ramp for the double and steps for the end door. Naw, Kerry will do it, I'll be the helper....no threats at all to my masculinity...I know who I am and I suck at "wood" LOL

Also have to look for shelving ideas. I've got 8 set of those HD plastic black, 5 shelf deals but they are 20" deep or so, don't know I want to fill my space with that. They installed 4' wide lofts at both ends for light weight storage.

I do wonder if Kerry will get a letter in the mail.....she didn't pull a permit....and heck, I don't have to, I don't live there....and it was sitting out front for a good 30-40 minutes! Prob not what you want in a neighborhood of mostly older folks, some of them busybody's!

I told Kerry that since she doesn't need one for a shed exactly 1/2 this size, tell them I bought two of them and had them nail them together!

enjoy the day guys....
Nice shed. 🤗 Like I said it's bittersweet with my birds... it will take time though for me to get used to not taking care of that cage though. It's automatic after doing it this long. And Dilly 😁 is another story 🐱... If he managed to get in the room he would sit on top of the cage and watch. That scared them half to death but.... he's just not a predator at all. He comes to get my help if there happens to be an ugly bug in the house so I can save him.😁 crazy syco cat.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Yes, you are right Y..and one should always be ready to apologize profusely and be ready for the financial cost as well!

I was this bad tonight; LOL, I treat myself twice a year typically.....this is 34bucks worth of food via doordash....LOL

THAT's why I only do it twice a year!

My hyperactive 185lbs will burn these cals up before I go to bed! LOL

20230201_160122.jpg

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Good morning all and Happy 1st February!
The weather here is dry but grey with temps creeping up to high 40Fs today but the winds have picked up so it feels colder.

Lola is having a lazy week only coming out for short spells and when gently 'persuaded'. He still waits by his door for waitress service to get his food though. :tort:

I'm also having a lazy week so far, I've bruised a middle toe and it's quite painful to walk and stand for long. Those little tootsies can cause big problems! I don't think it's broken, but they can't do much about it even it is so I'll just keep taking the painkillers and wait it out. I'm using my time to sort out old papers which I can do sitting down. Not very exciting but needs doing.
I hope you're all having a good week so far !
Sorry about your toe. It seems like a bruised bone takes longer than a break to heal.🤗🙏 and paper work is just down right nasty 🤢 yuk! But it's a good time to do it I guess. I guess life sometimes gives you a break so you can get your paperwork done 😉😭

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Thanks Y,
Shed is for my motorcycles primarily but I have to pare down the collection first.

We got an inch of snow on my way to work this morning. 5 cars on the entire highway, one was driving 35mph in the center lane!
Then, through Upper Marlboro, I realize that someone is on my side of the highway, driving TOWARDS me! Really Dude? Put out da blunt and get your mind right dumbaZZ! I pulled to the right shoulder to go around him as he zipped up the fast lane in the wrong direction. Wonder how that worked out for him?

Ray....I did a rough survey w/ GPS for her property last summer. The shed is sitting off her property by 6' on the one end......................and no one will ever say a word since she backs to a set of two creeks in the woods. No one will ever know....and if they do, it's an easy move. You are right though, in a community with homes behind, you have to set it correctly. I went over and spoke to my neighbor before erecting a canopy for my truck out front. I don't have room in the garage for it. Technically I didn't need his approval but you know the drill....it's easier, just easier!

Hate to be the bearer of bad news Lyn, but I broke a little toe at the start of 2020, Covid....and it still hurts! We just heal a little slower now. I used to break and arm in the morning and be fine by lunch!

Oh, I found this in a book.........................dang, proves I'm till 4 years old but I think part of that is living with myself...can you imagine? I laugh my bum off every day, I just look into the mirror!

LOL

View attachment 353856
Yes live laugh and love. Or live with laughter and love. It makes you live longer. And well... I gotta outlive my tortoise so no one else gets him.😁

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Thanks Y,

LOL

View attachment 353856
I did the same thing in Northern Michigan when I owned a house up there. The property behind me was 500 acres of all woods. I cleared it out right behind me for about 50' and put my shed in that area. Figured if anyone complained, I would use big pipe or some nice straight wooden poles to roll back to my yard.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Nice shed. 🤗 Like I said it's bittersweet with my birds... it will take time though for me to get used to not taking care of that cage though. It's automatic after doing it this long. And Dilly 😁 is another story 🐱... If he managed to get in the room he would sit on top of the cage and watch. That scared them half to death but.... he's just not a predator at all. He comes to get my help if there happens to be an ugly bug in the house so I can save him.😁 crazy syco cat.
Have you thought about getting some new birds?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Have you thought about getting some new birds?
No but I do have the regular wild ones I get to help. I had an amazing bird show today. I hope the campark got it all. For some strange reason it just yesterday started capturing birds. I had cardinals, starlings, my little downys, sparrows, bluejay having a hay day 🎉 just today. Let alone yesterday.😊

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
No but I do have the regular wild ones I get to help. I had an amazing bird show today. I hope the campark got it all. For some strange reason it just yesterday started capturing birds. I had cardinals, starlings, my little downys, sparrows, bluejay having a hay day 🎉 just today. Let alone yesterday.😊
You're going to have to take Linda's picture-taking spot here and start attaching birdy pictures

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
You're going to have to take Linda's picture-taking spot here and start attaching birdy pictures
And well... I can't do that.🤗 but in the meantime I'm trying to learn how to work this crazy camera. Soon I promise. I just know todays were amazing but the app won't let me zoom the picture.. and I'm not deleting even one of them. Until I can actually see it. I need a card reader writer viewer that will attach to my schmuck phone 😁 give me time.😉

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
My son, heather, and Sheila are in Florida for the winter and went to a football game. Heather has been trying to get a picture of a gopher for me every since they went to Florida this year. Well... guess who showed up on the football field.😁😁😁😁 today. The game stopped immediately.Every one had to wait until the 🐢 waltzed through.🤗6277.jpeg

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Yes, you are right Y..and one should always be ready to apologize profusely and be ready for the financial cost as well!

I was this bad tonight; LOL, I treat myself twice a year typically.....this is 34bucks worth of food via doordash....LOL

THAT's why I only do it twice a year!

My hyperactive 185lbs will burn these cals up before I go to bed! LOL

View attachment 353859
Yum 😋

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
Sorry to hear your long time friend passed Ms Cathie. The problem in getting old as I see it, we outlive friends...both varieties and frankly, it sucks. Snap some pics of his relatives and smile on the inside, you DID give him and them, a good life. Come on, nothing EVER tried to eat them! LOL...cept maybe the cat? Try to put on the happy face!

I'm happy to be back at the office today....(someone shoot me) but when I left to go to kerrys for shed duty, I left my folder here...I didn't get much done yesterday. The shed saga, is over....it started raining at 5am, and never stopped. They had told me the guy would call in the morn but he never did. I was stressing b/c I have actual work to do and can't be on the Shore waiting for a shed in case it didn't come....but at 2 something, I watched it roll past the house.....to the wrong address...LOL

They got it right and got it done; Those 3 guys are my A team.....they didn't even need Kerry's dogwood removed out front!
View attachment 353841View attachment 353842View attachment 353843

Blocked and leveled.....I'm happy with that...you can't see it but they got w/i inches of the painted spots on the ground at the corners. I'll have to stretch my carpenter skills to build a ramp for the double and steps for the end door. Naw, Kerry will do it, I'll be the helper....no threats at all to my masculinity...I know who I am and I suck at "wood" LOL

Also have to look for shelving ideas. I've got 8 set of those HD plastic black, 5 shelf deals but they are 20" deep or so, don't know I want to fill my space with that. They installed 4' wide lofts at both ends for light weight storage.

I do wonder if Kerry will get a letter in the mail.....she didn't pull a permit....and heck, I don't have to, I don't live there....and it was sitting out front for a good 30-40 minutes! Prob not what you want in a neighborhood of mostly older folks, some of them busybody's!

I told Kerry that since she doesn't need one for a shed exactly 1/2 this size, tell them I bought two of them and had them nail them together!

enjoy the day guys....
Insulate it while it is still unfilled. I suggest really planning the layout since once you start filling it the space disappears

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Insulate it while it is still unfilled. I suggest really planning the layout since once you start filling it the space disappears
That's a great idea.....I have several bundles of fiberglass in my attic. I'll drag it over next week when I go back to Kerrys. I should take it down this w/e though, so I don't forget it! LOL

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
And well... the photo hobby. I actually just need an SD card viewer with dual SD card slots. One to view and delete or move to the other to write and save. Then I'll be able to get the good stuff through my little flash device to my phone and share oh my garsh. This is getting ridiculous but it'll work 🤣

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
And well... the photo hobby. I actually just need an SD card viewer with dual SD card slots. One to view and delete or move to the other to write and save. Then I'll be able to get the good stuff through my little flash device to my phone and share oh my garsh. This is getting ridiculous but it'll work 🤣
Also I've been reading. It's a good idea to get a card reader or 10 because the SD card slot on computers and such are being phased out.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Great pic by joe.....I don't even try to comprehend as it's likely on a very different plane of thought processes....LOL, I just appreciate his talent!

as far as the cam....
Technology moves on....but you might want to get it all to work prior to be it being phased out! Yikes! LOL

Called and paid the other half of my shed yesterday and will reimburse Discover later this morning....yuck, but I'm very fortunate too. I am not missing that part. It could be a very different picture.

FRIDAY!! The day makes me happy.......11:30 get away, no bridges to cross, house will be empty when I get home....only laundry to do this afternoon and girlfriend comes over tomorrow! Woo hoo! Service with a smile!

enjoy the day guys!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
My little wild game innovations trailpad tablet card viewer is on it's way. Yeah 🎉🎉🎉 I'm going to have to go through a couple thousand pictures by the time it gets here eeeeek! (Or more!!!!) I've been getting about 250 pictures per day. Depending on the birdies whims I'm afraid to look on the app and get the total right now.😉