COLD DARK ROOM

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Forecasters called for another nice sunny cool day. Our choice for a roadtrip was:
➡️ Washington DC Tidal Basin - to walk about the famous Cherry Trees
➡️ Rehoboth Beach - trip to the ocean, walk the boardwalk & beach
➡️ Blackwater National Wildlife Refuge - trip to the Eastern Shore & spot all the migratory fowl & spot Eagles.

And the winner:

View attachment 355636

And the Washington Monument of course:

89EA6A6A-AF35-4EF2-B69F-9C645CD650BD.jpeg

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Nice Mr & Mrs House Finch. 👍
Thanks. My only problem with this camera is the battery is supposed to only last 4-6 months. Then what do I do 😏 I replace the battery! But how. I have to learn how to get into the bird feeder to unlock the camera to do that. Thank the good Lord I have small hands. But I'll get some good pictures and learn something new about birds and devices so it's worth it.☺️. Your excursion to see the cherry blossoms looks wonderful. One of my favorite memories in my life was when I watched a little spring breeze disperse the blossoms from my one cherry tree. It was in my backyard where I was living. I watched the breeze go around and around the other trees. Then the little spite started at the bottom of the cherry tree up and around and swirling around through the blossoms up and up then took off again and deposited the blossoms in the middle of the yard. It snowed cherry blossoms in front of my eyes. As usual no camera back then.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Starting early morning around 1am, we're supposed to be getting high winds again on Saturday around 60+ mph. I'll be taking the bird feeders down before I go to bed. I don't want someone to get hit in the head and destroy them 🥺. It seems like the birds know and they've spread all the seeds out by the beak full today. (For back up tomorrow in between gusts) we're supposed to be getting prepared for the worst. It looks like the birds heard it too.🤗

Jan A

Boulder, CO
Starting early morning around 1am, we're supposed to be getting high winds again on Saturday around 60+ mph. I'll be taking the bird feeders down before I go to bed. I don't want someone to get hit in the head and destroy them 🥺. It seems like the birds know and they've spread all the seeds out by the beak full today. (For back up tomorrow in between gusts) we're supposed to be getting prepared for the worst. It looks like the birds heard it too.🤗
Stay buttoned down. It was easily blowing 40 mph with gusts higher here in OK today. It brought in warmer temperatures this am but we're talking low humidity, brush fires, power outages, but this is typical weather once you get out of winter temps & high winds. No need to put out bird feeders here. Most of it would be in Missouri/ Arkansas by the time the birds catch up to it. Shopping was a royal ***** today.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Stay buttoned down. It was easily blowing 40 mph with gusts higher here in OK today. It brought in warmer temperatures this am but we're talking low humidity, brush fires, power outages, but this is typical weather once you get out of winter temps & high winds. No need to put out bird feeders here. Most of it would be in Missouri/ Arkansas by the time the birds catch up to it. Shopping was a royal ***** today.
This morning around 2am it was pretty crazy but it was calm most of the morning so I went ahead and fed the birds 😊 it's almost 3pm now and I brought the feeders in just in case. The wind picked up enough to think yea I better. Our high winds advisory ends at 6pm. The electric went off for a minute or so and the satellite has went on and off several times. But I'm thankful it's not been as bad as predicted at least here at my house. The good news is the back yard was probably warm enough to put Sapphire out but I'm going to wait for a bit. The Crab Apple tree finally has leaves just starting. Soon my little friend can be outside a bit.🤗

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Glad no one here seems to have been pounded by the winds. We got pretty lucky this weekend. My house has a few branches down I found a little while ago when I got home from Kerry's and she had the winds but lost no branches. What we noticed in the winds this morning was the Eagles flying, lots of them! I was sitting in the dining room when I saw the first one. They must love flying in the higher winds.

Yesterday after the rains, we watched the bluebirds going after the ground bees I think...they would swoop down then back up and rest.

Yesterday was supposed to be a washout but the rain stopped at 11am when the truck showed with kerry's door. We had gotten up to Middletown DE early to scarf up on 80 -2cf, 2 dollar bags of black mulch. I went with her on the 1st trip & we got 40 in the pickup before it began dragging. The guy from Lowe's was a few years younger than me so I had to carry his weight....he was a little embarrassed but I told him not to worry, superman won't tell, Kerry laughed. When Kerry went up by herself for load #2, she asked the cashier to send a couple younger guys out, and they did. I stayed home in case her present showed.

A few phone pics..the 1st near the Delaware line, those are hothouses, as far as you can see down that row. maybe 100-200 rows? I don't know what they grow there but there has to be a thousand of those!

The others I took at the pier this morning, tide is very low. A new pole & platform has been installed at house across the water for the ospreys.,...the Ospreys nest went in the water during a storm last summer. A bald Eagle flies in the 3rd pic and another Osprey is coming in for a landing at the nest on the platform next to the pier in the last.20230401_071815.jpg20230402_112202.jpg20230402_112408.jpg20230402_112437.jpg

Truck is unloaded, groceries put away, laundry is in the dryer and Darren tested me letting me know he's 100% complete tomorrow and will remove all his tools. He nailed it for me. All great stuff. Kerry left 15 bags on the truck and she'll come over next week while she's off for Easter break. I have to get downstairs and patch/paint all the walls and ceilings while it's empty this week. Always stuff to do. It's good though, I keep convincing myself anyway. Matilda's giving me the silent treatment as she often does now when I return from a w/e away. Her enclosure looks like she had a party....must have been worm hunting while I was gone! Good girl!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Glad no one here seems to have been pounded by the winds. We got pretty lucky this weekend. My house has a few branches down I found a little while ago when I got home from Kerry's and she had the winds but lost no branches. What we noticed in the winds this morning was the Eagles flying, lots of them! I was sitting in the dining room when I saw the first one. They must love flying in the higher winds.

Yesterday after the rains, we watched the bluebirds going after the ground bees I think...they would swoop down then back up and rest.

Yesterday was supposed to be a washout but the rain stopped at 11am when the truck showed with kerry's door. We had gotten up to Middletown DE early to scarf up on 80 -2cf, 2 dollar bags of black mulch. I went with her on the 1st trip & we got 40 in the pickup before it began dragging. The guy from Lowe's was a few years younger than me so I had to carry his weight....he was a little embarrassed but I told him not to worry, superman won't tell, Kerry laughed. When Kerry went up by herself for load #2, she asked the cashier to send a couple younger guys out, and they did. I stayed home in case her present showed.

A few phone pics..the 1st near the Delaware line, those are hothouses, as far as you can see down that row. maybe 100-200 rows? I don't know what they grow there but there has to be a thousand of those!

The others I took at the pier this morning, tide is very low. A new pole & platform has been installed at house across the water for the ospreys.,...the Ospreys nest went in the water during a storm last summer. A bald Eagle flies in the 3rd pic and another Osprey is coming in for a landing at the nest on the platform next to the pier in the last.View attachment 355729View attachment 355730View attachment 355731View attachment 355732

Truck is unloaded, groceries put away, laundry is in the dryer and Darren tested me letting me know he's 100% complete tomorrow and will remove all his tools. He nailed it for me. All great stuff. Kerry left 15 bags on the truck and she'll come over next week while she's off for Easter break. I have to get downstairs and patch/paint all the walls and ceilings while it's empty this week. Always stuff to do. It's good though, I keep convincing myself anyway. Matilda's giving me the silent treatment as she often does now when I return from a w/e away. Her enclosure looks like she had a party....must have been worm hunting while I was gone! Good girl!
I've always wanted to get a picture of an osprey dive bombing for a fish. It's so majestic. And so funny when they just drop like a rock. I love them. They're probably my favorite of that type of bird. I'm glad people are trying to help them.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
You know Miss Cathie, if you ask nicely, I'll bet Tom has "flown" an Osprey or two before! Or maybe they don't adapt well to working with a person. I agree, they are beautiful birds. They can be more attractive than Bald Eagles because you typically see the Eagles at distance.

I posted a vid somewhere a while back, prob last summer of an osprey learning to dive.....or he was a really crappy hunter!

That day we went around the bend down at the water at the Nook and saw 3 Bald Eagles in a row, up close and personal, or the pair that landed in the tree in Kerry's backyard.......those are gifts!

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Christmas in April.

What? Yep, Christmas in April. I “won” the March gift certificate from a Washington state based aquarium supply company called Aquarium Coop.

Hi Mark,
Congratulations…you are the $500 winner for the month of March! I will be crediting your account with a gift card that you should see in your account in the next day or so.
We will announce the winner in an email that will have your first name, last initial, and the state that you are in (Mark B. from Maryland).

and, they already sent me the certificate!

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Congrats Mark!! Sounds fantastic!

I heard something new today at the office, at S Osborne & Rt3.................gunfire! Yup, 24 shots as fast as he could pull the trigger. I wasn't sure how large his magazine was till he reloaded and fired again and I counted. From downstairs, it sounds like a .22 but if I go upstairs, it sounds like more of a 9mm.

The gunfire is coming from Rossaryville park of all places......sounds like someone is playing, not committing a crime.....but I'm pretty sure that discharging a weapon around here, is a crime.

I'll duck when I leave in a half hour! LOL

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Congrats Mark!! Sounds fantastic!

I heard something new today at the office, at S Osborne & Rt3.................gunfire! Yup, 24 shots as fast as he could pull the trigger. I wasn't sure how large his magazine was till he reloaded and fired again and I counted. From downstairs, it sounds like a .22 but if I go upstairs, it sounds like more of a 9mm.

The gunfire is coming from Rossaryville park of all places......sounds like someone is playing, not committing a crime.....but I'm pretty sure that discharging a weapon around here, is a crime.

I'll duck when I leave in a half hour! LOL

Yea. I just placed an order for two wifi enabled plugs using the new “Gift Card”. All legit, all costs covered including shipping fees. Only $460 more to spend 😀