COLD DARK ROOM

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
You sound like your Mum.......LOL I'm teasing.....

Now comes the 5am ramblings

I've come to the obvious conclusion that each generation feels for whatever reason, the need to be "different". The 50's had rock & roll much to the consternation of many parents of the day. My gen did the "long hair" thing.

Point is Natrah, some of us are purists.....no tattoos, no piercings, no hair colors and some are not.
I didn't go out with a girl if she had piercings beyond her ears and navel....or tattoos. No judgements, just not attractive to me at all. Why mess with perfection?

Now? These days...the more outrageous you are, the more attention you garner and that seems to be the driving force for many. ATTENTION is the new "shrine" of the insecure. Now, the single most desired career in grade school for Kerry's second graders is to be "A You-tuber" . My own grandson was financed a few years ago when he wanted to be a Vlogger.

It's cool to me though I was a bit surprised when the boy with the cute makeup opened the Drive thru window a few weeks back......would be boring to watch life just be the same ole thing......I like that they do different stuff, even if I think half of it is stupid....still fun to watch.....fun like the Keystone Cops were.
It's the pants thing that gets me. How on earth do those guys keep those pants from falling down when they have them down almost UNDER the butt cheeks?

Last edited:

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
s keep those pants from falling down
Right? LOL. I committed too many crimes as a kid where running was required, I'd have gotten caught in those!

I think about you every morning Y. Sounds creepy doesn't it? No, it's not really. They recently installed a telephone pole(you selected them, right?) to replace one again at the local place where everyone hits it. The problem is, it bows, like a, well like a bow, drawn tight!.....like 6 or 8 FEET it bows! I would have a pic but I pass it at 3:30 in the morning and come home a different way so I never see it in the light. Today after getting the tires, I did go by it but my mind was on work I had to do when I got home. One day I'll get a pic....it's pretty radical! Speaking of tires, On the bright side today....tires cost what they cost, no "things that I didn't know I needed" this time. LOL

Friday the 13th tomorrow...that's not good. Not that I'm very superstitious but after today, I don't need a worse day. I had two large projects bidding on the same day to different groups of folks who are all deeply committed to proving themselves smarter than the next guy in their own respective groups. A bunch of arrogant pr....who invent things in order to justify their jobs. Does anyone here know what a HMI is? I'm 65 years old, been doing this since I was 23....I had no clue at all! I wasted 10 minutes of my time sifting docs to learn that it's a "Human Machine Interface"...a fricking LADDER! LMAO....and that sirs, is why your building costs 280 million dollars, instead of 91 for a common sense set of docs, because you are stupid, congratulations!

There, I feel better, how bout you guys? lol

Suffice to say, it wore me out. I'm just coming down from my work high. The saving grace is that I get in before most are awake and I knock out my work. Then when the rest of the world gets to work, I send my proposals and leave at noon. Not a bad racket but today it followed me home so I'm still stroking on full speed. Don't worry, it's a natural thing, I don't take drugs in order to work. LOL They simply don't make enough I'm afraid and that would also be a sucky existence to me.

I'm still trying to figure out how to get BD to make me a set of those nice countertops!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Right? LOL. I committed too many crimes as a kid where running was required, I'd have gotten caught in those!

I think about you every morning Y. Sounds creepy doesn't it? No, it's not really. They recently installed a telephone pole(you selected them, right?) to replace one again at the local place where everyone hits it. The problem is, it bows, like a, well like a bow, drawn tight!.....like 6 or 8 FEET it bows! I would have a pic but I pass it at 3:30 in the morning and come home a different way so I never see it in the light. Today after getting the tires, I did go by it but my mind was on work I had to do when I got home. One day I'll get a pic....it's pretty radical! Speaking of tires, On the bright side today....tires cost what they cost, no "things that I didn't know I needed" this time. LOL

Friday the 13th tomorrow...that's not good. Not that I'm very superstitious but after today, I don't need a worse day. I had two large projects bidding on the same day to different groups of folks who are all deeply committed to proving themselves smarter than the next guy in their own respective groups. A bunch of arrogant pr....who invent things in order to justify their jobs. Does anyone here know what a HMI is? I'm 65 years old, been doing this since I was 23....I had no clue at all! I wasted 10 minutes of my time sifting docs to learn that it's a "Human Machine Interface"...a fricking LADDER! LMAO....and that sirs, is why your building costs 280 million dollars, instead of 91 for a common sense set of docs, because you are stupid, congratulations!

There, I feel better, how bout you guys? lol

Suffice to say, it wore me out. I'm just coming down from my work high. The saving grace is that I get in before most are awake and I knock out my work. Then when the rest of the world gets to work, I send my proposals and leave at noon. Not a bad racket but today it followed me home so I'm still stroking on full speed. Don't worry, it's a natural thing, I don't take drugs in order to work. LOL They simply don't make enough I'm afraid and that would also be a sucky existence to me.

I'm still trying to figure out how to get BD to make me a set of those nice countertops!
I guess in these hard times even the phone co. has to use what's available. But under normal circs that bowed pole would not have been planted. But thanx for thinking of me!!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Joseph did point out to me that tomorrow is Friday the 13th hahaha. He'll probably get more good stuff cause I'm shopping deals and steals and ain't letting superstition get in the way 🦵💪. So far a winter coat, socks and slacks.😉as far as the pants on the ground thing the police and I think it's hilarious. If they can keep them off the ground they can't be up to too much except holding up their pants.🤔 thank the good Lord.🤗

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I'm a purist as well and I can't see the need to put myself through pain to get piercings or tattoos also I see some women in very provocative clothes. I'm a bit tired because I had a late night after rehearsal and the police turned up because they were looking for the neighbour in the flat above. I could've done without that and now I feel like hibernating with Jacky!

Natrah
Well... especially paying someone to poke me with a needle and inflict pain at the same time!!!! eeeek I'm a tight wad and that doesn't sound like a deal to me.

MaNaAk

Southend
Well... especially paying someone to poke me with a needle and inflict pain at the same time!!!! eeeek I'm a tight wad and that doesn't sound like a deal to me.
Yes natural beauty is best. I am looking forward to meeting my cousin from Malaysia in London on Monday and Jacky is looking forward to spending the day in the bathroom IMG20230809175849.jpg

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
OMG...Ms Cathie....are you doing the "prime day" thing?

Jscky looks comfy, for a tort. Snuggling up to the potty brush is priceless! She would probably love a good scratch! Maybe this is her way of trying to tell you that?

I am headed over to Kerry's at 11AM or so. She was debating with herself over cutting her new grass last night. I'm just happy that she has grass in the first place! Her son is moving so Kerry is going to want to be all over that. Her and her sister pretty have have his apt "fitted out" with all the kitchen & bathroom stuff. I'm happy for him, I'm happy for me, I'm happy for the spot in the garage for my silver car instead of his silver car. It's cool seeing the kids take off and go on their own though.

At work, Brandon is headed to the "1600 Pennsylvania Ave" project he won after coming in here for a bit...well maybe not....he just asked for the files to be emailed....maybe he's going straight there? It's fine, I told him to keep an eye out and don't be shy, he might get to meet the President! There are no politics in meeting a President, it's just one of the coolest things you can ever get to do as a citizen.

He took a bunch of pics deep in the bowels last time he was there but I looked them over and decided not to post any. My luck, the swat teams from 12 Alphabet groups would be kicking in the doors for posting classified pics and I wouldn't get a chance to ride Kerry's bike today.....LOL In reality, it wouldn't be responsible. I always tell myself "there are people out there that make me look sane, let that sink in jeff". It's like a litmus test for go/no-go when dealing with hush-hush stuff.

enjoy the day guys...........

MaNaAk

Southend

Jscky looks comfy, for a tort. Snuggling up to the potty brush is priceless! She would probably love a good scratch! Maybe this is her way of trying to tell you that?

I am headed over to Kerry's at 11AM or so. She was debating with herself over cutting her new grass last night. I'm just happy that she has grass in the first place! Her son is moving so Kerry is going to want to be all over that. Her and her sister pretty have have his apt "fitted out" with all the kitchen & bathroom stuff. I'm happy for him, I'm happy for me, I'm happy for the spot in the garage for my silver car instead of his silver car. It's cool seeing the kids take off and go on their own though.

At work, Brandon is headed to the "1600 Pennsylvania Ave" project he won after coming in here for a bit...well maybe not....he just asked for the files to be emailed....maybe he's going straight there? It's fine, I told him to keep an eye out and don't be shy, he might get to meet the President! There are no politics in meeting a President, it's just one of the coolest things you can ever get to do as a citizen.

He took a bunch of pics deep in the bowels last time he was there but I looked them over and decided not to post any. My luck, the swat teams from 12 Alphabet groups would be kicking in the doors for posting classified pics and I wouldn't get a chance to ride Kerry's bike today.....LOL In reality, it wouldn't be responsible. I always tell myself "there are people out there that make me look sane, let that sink in jeff". It's like a litmus test for go/no-go when dealing with hush-hush stuff.

🤣 What do you mean deep in the bowels! Here is another picture of Jacky (after the toilet paper) and Daisy (1942 - 2022):

IMG20220609192231.jpg

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
deep in the bowels

Just an American expression M,
The project that we are doing is several feet below ground in a lower level mechanical room where they put all the HVAC equipment for the Residence one portion. It all looks like crap because it's not maintained. When Brandon got back late this morning he said it was the coolest thing he's done in years. He got to walk in the front doors of the Whitehouse! Just him and 2 SS agents. He walked through the great halls/rooms. Neat. I don't think he was in the Office portion, Oval office and stuff area but he walked past all the pictures and busts.

20231013_134506_HDR.jpg
I took Kerry's bike out for a ride as soon as I got here. It's a buzzy little 450cc, 42HP 1982 "Low Slinger" original. I knew all this ahead of time since I rode the difficult portion from Ownings Mills around the beltway and over the Bay bridge when she bought it and we brought it home but It's small. Very small and the handlebars are a horrible angle and the seating position is straight up, feet in front a little. I'm not a "cruiser" rider. I told Kerry that after 2 years not riding bikes, I was going to ride hers first, in case I crashed. That way I wouldn't mess up my own stuff....then I waited for the reaction....LOL It is a tiny, weak bike compared to all the rest we have save her little cb350 but it is very light weight and easy to manage. That's the real reason I didn't climb onto my 600lb behemoth(in comparison) or one of my wrist rockets. It was perfect for getting back in the saddle so to speak. I honestly knew better. Superman ain't dumb, well mostly. I also didn't ride the Vincent offered by the local shop owner who did the work on her bike. He knows I raced and he's dying for me to ride it. I told him that when I am riding my 10K bikes again, I'll be willing to ride his 50k bike, not until though. LOL

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster

I guess Kohl's is part of the prime day thing too so yes yes yes 😜 what's really nice though is it's for Joe. I've been able to get Joe dressed to the nines and it will not only be reimbursed but I get Kohl's cash to boot.😊so I'll be shopping for free next week too 😉😁 🎄 Christmas is around the corner.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Hello everyone! Just popped in to check on everyone. Took this picture of Pickles a couple weeks ago. Hard to believe he was in the palm of my hand a few years back.. Thanks to everyone here, all the Sullies are thriving well. We had some storm damage a while back and I made the difficult decision to send Crusher home to my nieces house. She had a good yard for him with lots of grass so his hauled his 4x4 box over and got him set up over there. I visited this past weekend and he settled right in. We did some reconstruction of yards at the house So Toretto and Pickles came out like kings. They think they run the place..

Hubby, Kids, Cinder, Monkeys and the rest of the funny farm are all good. Miss y’all!
IMG_2361.jpeg

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Just an American expression M,
The project that we are doing is several feet below ground in a lower level mechanical room where they put all the HVAC equipment for the Residence one portion. It all looks like crap because it's not maintained. When Brandon got back late this morning he said it was the coolest thing he's done in years. He got to walk in the front doors of the Whitehouse! Just him and 2 SS agents. He walked through the great halls/rooms. Neat. I don't think he was in the Office portion, Oval office and stuff area but he walked past all the pictures and busts.

View attachment 362373
I took Kerry's bike out for a ride as soon as I got here. It's a buzzy little 450cc, 42HP 1982 "Low Slinger" original. I knew all this ahead of time since I rode the difficult portion from Ownings Mills around the beltway and over the Bay bridge when she bought it and we brought it home but It's small. Very small and the handlebars are a horrible angle and the seating position is straight up, feet in front a little. I'm not a "cruiser" rider. I told Kerry that after 2 years not riding bikes, I was going to ride hers first, in case I crashed. That way I wouldn't mess up my own stuff....then I waited for the reaction....LOL It is a tiny, weak bike compared to all the rest we have save her little cb350 but it is very light weight and easy to manage. That's the real reason I didn't climb onto my 600lb behemoth(in comparison) or one of my wrist rockets. It was perfect for getting back in the saddle so to speak. I honestly knew better. Superman ain't dumb, well mostly. I also didn't ride the Vincent offered by the local shop owner who did the work on her bike. He knows I raced and he's dying for me to ride it. I told him that when I am riding my 10K bikes again, I'll be willing to ride his 50k bike, not until though. LOL
It is wonderful when your children achieve grown up and going out on their own loving to experience life. That's why we spend all that time and giving in the first place. It's bittersweet though. I kinda wish it could have lasted longer. Every time my son's are better at something than me, that I taught them, I'm thrilled 😁 but then I think you little whipper snapper 😁

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Hello everyone! Just popped in to check on everyone. Took this picture of Pickles a couple weeks ago. Hard to believe he was in the palm of my hand a few years back.. Thanks to everyone here, all the Sullies are thriving well. We had some storm damage a while back and I made the difficult decision to send Crusher home to my nieces house. She had a good yard for him with lots of grass so his hauled his 4x4 box over and got him set up over there. I visited this past weekend and he settled right in. We did some reconstruction of yards at the house So Toretto and Pickles came out like kings. They think they run the place..

Hubby, Kids, Cinder, Monkeys and the rest of the funny farm are all good. Miss y’all!
View attachment 362374
🤔 You said monkeys as in plural!!!!😘 I was thinking of you last night. And wondering how all of you are.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
🤔 You said monkeys as in plural!!!!😘 I was thinking of you last night. And wondering how all of you are.
Yes Mam.. There are two:) Vivian ( black cap capuchin) & Simon ( common squirrel monkey).. Lordy I LOVE them!!! And Joe’s artwork hangs in my office and I think of y’all often!IMG_2806.jpegIMG_2765.jpegIMG_2754.jpegIMG_2856.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2757.png
    IMG_2757.png
    702.7 KB · Views: 1

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Yes Mam.. There are two:) Vivian ( black cap capuchin) & Simon ( common squirrel monkey).. Lordy I LOVE them!!! And Joe’s artwork hangs in my office and I think of y’all often!View attachment 362375View attachment 362376View attachment 362379View attachment 362378
I can't remember your daughter's name that was injured but I still pray for her when she crosses my mind 🙏 oh yeah it's Jess maybe 🤔. Cinder looks like she enjoys the extra attention from all the monkeys 😄💕

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
I can't remember your daughter's name that was injured but I still pray for her when she crosses my mind 🙏 oh yeah it's Jess maybe 🤔. Cinder looks like she enjoys the extra attention from all the monkeys 😄💕
You’re right Cathie… it Is Jess- Jessica Nicole when she’s on my **** list!! 😁. She’s doing really well. She never did get back any use of her hand but has good range of motion with her arm. She’s actually working as a 911 dispatcher now 😁
I’m very proud of how well she’s handled herself since all that. She comes home fairly often and we speak on the phone every day.

hows Razberri??
IMG_2637.jpeg

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
You’re right Cathie… it Is Jess- Jessica Nicole when she’s on my **** list!! 😁. She’s doing really well. She never did get back any use of her hand but has good range of motion with her arm. She’s actually working as a 911 dispatcher now 😁
I’m very proud of how well she’s handled herself since all that. She comes home fairly often and we speak on the phone every day.

hows Razberri??
View attachment 362380
Razberri is shedding a few dust bunnies but other than that she's the same old bump on a logamorpg IMG_20231008_143916437.jpg

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
I don't really know him yet Ms Cathie, but I've read his stuff......somehow I see red warning lights all over that......seems like a wide-open guy....we'd prob get in trouble if we hung out & if I can tell, he can too! LOL

Kerry's son moved today, she's helping him settle in like a mom does so I'm gonna take a shower. The kid has a ton of furniture that he moved across the country, more than a 25 y/o should have. When we moved it today, I found out why he went to the trouble. It's all higher end Ethan Allan stuff that weighs a TON Holy cow. I also met his girlfriends Dad. God sent him meet us at his apt to carry my load! I was so happy he showed, he came, worked and left but it was a cool thing he did to help his daughters boyfriend. HE prob also wanted to see where he had to go to fetch her at some point, I would have!