COLD DARK ROOM

jeff kushner

Location (City and/or State)
North of Annapolis
20240525_110753_HDR~2.jpg
Kerry found this while opening and spreading mulch in the front gardens. This was a nice break from "go time" here this w/e. superman powerwashed the roof, sunroom, both decks, ramp, walkout stairway....sunroom got a Windex treatment.....this MORNING! Now you know why I need the cape! LOL

Today is outside day, yesterday was Ductwork day and tomorrow is Electrical day!

Enjoy the day guys

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
View attachment 371049
Kerry found this while opening and spreading mulch in the front gardens. This was a nice break from "go time" here this w/e. superman powerwashed the roof, sunroom, both decks, ramp, walkout stairway....sunroom got a Windex treatment.....this MORNING! Now you know why I need the cape! LOL

Today is outside day, yesterday was Ductwork day and tomorrow is Electrical day!

Enjoy the day guys
Cute baby 🍼 🥰 I have no clue what kind it is.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
It's a Wormsnake...at least that's what we always called them.

My son came over giving us a welcome afternoon break. He was blown away by the transformation of my house.

Kerry is a beast....she did the gardens....all of them. Then we washed the sills and reinstalled the storm windows, including the 5x5 glass for the Bay. We're beat....but we jumped the "curb appeal by a factor of 20. I teased Kerry that we put "pride of ownership" in the listing. LOL I will miss this house though. It's over 3000sf and I lived alone. Got any idea how cool that was? Course I got lazy and collected too much junk... and we paid for that too.

Space is like "stuff". Some of us can have too much for our own good.

We're going to play traffic roulette with the Bay Bridge on Memorial Weekend.....we're brave like that...and we have access to cameras mounted at the bridge to check traffic. Lol
If we can make a run over with 2 suvs full of stuff, mostly my clothes from my dresser and closet then come back with her son's pickup and we can pack the last things from the kitchen.

Then it's time to call in a team to clean it!

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
View attachment 371049

Enjoy the day guys
I think it is a Dekays brown snake. That's what a great uncle of mine. Told me years ago.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
It's a Wormsnake...at least that's what we always called them.

My son came over giving us a welcome afternoon break. He was blown away by the transformation of my house.

Kerry is a beast....she did the gardens....all of them. Then we washed the sills and reinstalled the storm windows, including the 5x5 glass for the Bay. We're beat....but we jumped the "curb appeal by a factor of 20. I teased Kerry that we put "pride of ownership" in the listing. LOL I will miss this house though. It's over 3000sf and I lived alone. Got any idea how cool that was? Course I got lazy and collected too much junk... and we paid for that too.

Space is like "stuff". Some of us can have too much for our own good.

We're going to play traffic roulette with the Bay Bridge on Memorial Weekend.....we're brave like that...and we have access to cameras mounted at the bridge to check traffic. Lol
If we can make a run over with 2 suvs full of stuff, mostly my clothes from my dresser and closet then come back with her son's pickup and we can pack the last things from the kitchen.

Then it's time to call in a team to clean it!
Can I hire Kerry and you for a week. In the last 2 threads you have posted. Kerry and you have done more work. Then I have done in 8 yrs. I think I need to change my ambition.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
All my life, I thought it was the clothes dryer shrinking my clothes.
Come to find out, it's the refrigerator
It took me a minute to get this one. Kerry got it right away! LOL
Can I hire Kerry and you for a week. In the last 2 threads you have posted. Kerry and you have done more work. Then I have done in 8 yrs. I think I need to change my ambition.
You pretend that there will be anything left when we are done? Lol

This is what Kerry did by herself yesterday:
IMG_3652.jpg
We had put the old Astroturf from the sunroom over the dirt when we were hauling so we didn't track mud into the house. She cut it to use as a fabric barrier...and placed the marble on top. Brilliant!

We came over to the Nook last night at 8pm. I was sitting in the yard relaxing and a racoon came out of the woods and was walking the treeline...oblivious to me till I called him...he scurried back into the woods. ..pretty cool.

MaNaAk

Southend
It took me a minute to get this one. Kerry got it right away! LOL

You pretend that there will be anything left when we are done? Lol

This is what Kerry did by herself yesterday:
View attachment 371108
We had put the old Astroturf from the sunroom over the dirt when we were hauling so we didn't track mud into the house. She cut it to use as a fabric barrier...and placed the marble on top. Brilliant!

We came over to the Nook last night at 8pm. I was sitting in the yard relaxing and a racoon came out of the woods and was walking the treeline...oblivious to me till I called him...he scurried back into the woods. ..pretty cool.
Wow! Well done Kerry! Now give yourself a break.

Natrah

MaNaAk

Southend
Good morning everyone!

I have booked myself another sight test on the 4th June because I feel that has been a change in my prescription. The last time I was there the optician told me that my right eye was slightly worse but there was no change in my left eye so I can only assume that my left eye is worse. Anyway I shall make sure that I can see the letter chart this time and I shall inform the optician if I can't see it! Last time I just described what I saw in the mirror without the chart🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 and the day before was when the undertakers turned up at the shop and I asked them whether they were waiting for music lessons 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣.

Natrah

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Nutty Chocolate Sundae

GREAT pic!

but after a delay caused by a broken multi-meter...

Not here, its' Nutty Electrical Tuesday'

I promised that I would shut the power off...this needs to be made "normal" with 1 box.....why does it make me so nervous? Maybe b/c I installed it? LOL

I'm slugging down Maxwell House for courage....

20240528_081802.jpg

Just in case;

and to whom it may concern, it wasn't Kerry's fault.....after all!

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
GREAT pic!

but after a delay caused by a broken multi-meter...

Not here, its' Nutty Electrical Tuesday'

I promised that I would shut the power off...this needs to be made "normal" with 1 box.....why does it make me so nervous? Maybe b/c I installed it? LOL

I'm slugging down Maxwell House for courage....

View attachment 371177

Just in case;

and to whom it may concern, it wasn't Kerry's fault.....after all!

idk, you don't think 'generator ready' would be a selling point?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
@Yvonne G , did the road construction get finished?
Are you happy with what they did?
Yes, all finished! They did a good job, but with the five lanes of traffic, the noise level is quite high. I bought fast growing willow cuttings and planted them across the front. So far, in three months, they've grown from a stick (cuttings) to little trees about 3' tall. The thing that bothers me the most about the traffic is when cars change lanes (which happens frequently right in front of my house) and run over the lane reflector bumps.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
Yes, all finished! They did a good job, but with the five lanes of traffic, the noise level is quite high. I bought fast growing willow cuttings and planted them across the front. So far, in three months, they've grown from a stick (cuttings) to little trees about 3' tall. The thing that bothers me the most about the traffic is when cars change lanes (which happens frequently right in front of my house) and run over the lane reflector bumps.

I've thought about using hybrid willows for a sight barrier on my back fence but them being deciduous always made me rethink it. I always put it off trying to find some fast growing drought tolerant hypoallergenic evergreen unicorn.

COmtnLady

Colorado
I've thought about using hybrid willows for a sight barrier on my back fence but them being deciduous always made me rethink it. I always put it off trying to find some fast growing drought tolerant hypoallergenic evergreen unicorn.
What about those tall skinny evergreens people used to line driveways and property lines with in the 1940s-50s? They grow fairly quickly. (I don't know if they're cedars, so might not be good to have close to tortoises...)