COLD DARK ROOM

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
I have always had trouble in car seats. My Expedition seats are admired by everyone except me. They curve...i keep my shoulders straight. A couple of the cars Kerry test drove had massaging seats but they were like the CVS massaging chair cover.... cheesy and ineffective.

A butt pillow....knew a kid who's uncle carried one...with a big hole in it. I was 13 or so and it made me uncomfortable....LOL

For sciatica though they might be the cats meow!
Thank God I don't have that. Nerve problems are so bad. I can't say I'd rather have a sacarilliac issue either. I HATE PAIN. I did find out I have one though yikes

Lyn W

10 Year Member!
UK
What I need is a butt pillow. Then I found out on CBS News that they actually make and sell them. Wow now I don't feel so all alone 😜😉 supposedly though they are good for driving and anywhere you need to sit and help your whole body be in an ergonomic seating position. So why don't they make car seats like that 🤔😊
Since I tore my hamstring I find it really difficult to sit for longer than 10 mins, it's ok if I can get up or shift my weight about, but driving can be pretty uncomfortable.

Lyn W

10 Year Member!
UK
Good afternoon/evening all, it's been a scorcher here today and temps will be even higher the next couple of days so I'll be staying indoors.
Lola had a funny day yesterday and didn't eat much . He just stayed in his hide, all day. I was bit worried about him but thankfully he's back to normal today.
I hope you're all having a good Monday but time for me to hit the hay now so nos da.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Since I tore my hamstring I find it really difficult to sit for longer than 10 mins, it's ok if I can get up or shift my weight about, but driving can be pretty uncomfortable.
I may be getting better I hope. It's been since before May when all this started sneaking up on me. Driving is one of the worst positions for me to sit in. It's prolonged my recovery because I have to. Last night though I finally noticed a big improvement. I was able to cook dinner without much pain. The previous day had been horrible. Today wasn't horrible and I had to drive to the grocery store so we'll see what happens. If I'm still a bit better in the morning I'll know I'm finally in full recovery mode.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
I'm going to assume the blood tests aren't a pregnancy test....N? I hope all goes well. For you to mention it seems to indicate apprehension.

Sorry you gals are tearing hammy's, they hurt! I watched a cool vid on youtube how they released a sac nerve from the bum muscles....it was entrapped.

For guys, we seem to spend the first half of life "getting in shape" then the spend our later years just trying to keep the joints loose and to avoid pain! LOL

We found a home for the 14" bed that became a casualty of Kerry's haste to install that 12" Murphy bed. The girl across the street will get it in the morning. Kerry wrapped the mattress so it looked new and it comes with the box spring, frame and headboard. We checked with the whole family and no one needed it. I suppose taking a used bed from someone could be embarrassing but it's nearly new and of decent quality and face it, we all do the same thing in life, we buy a bed for ourselves last don't we? Yup, sad fact of life...unless we're dating, it's just not that important to have a nice bed, or maybe that was just me. I have to leave room for that possibility, my bedroom has always been the most important room in the house to me. One of the first things I helped Kerry get once we "knew" we were serious was a decent bed. Hers had the Grand Canyon on one side and a rut in the other!!! It was just sad.....a hand-me-down, hand-me-down. LOL

Shoulder is still benefiting from the huge vibrating machine....although I did hurt myself a little in one spot....didn't realize it was on a bone....ouch! I was able to hold my wife last night, for the first time in weeks. We aren't doing pushups and pullups and the US men's gymnastics team has nothing to fear from me(though I don't fall from bars) but I'll take the progress!

Ray's wound sounds gooey and yucky.......JFC man, take care of yourself better!! LOL We're all just glad that infection didn't get out of control.

Good to see you Lyn....was wondering what was up with you.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
I may be getting better I hope. It's been since before May when all this started sneaking up on me. Driving is one of the worst positions for me to sit in. It's prolonged my recovery because I have to. Last night though I finally noticed a big improvement. I was able to cook dinner without much pain. The previous day had been horrible. Today wasn't horrible and I had to drive to the grocery store so we'll see what happens. If I'm still a bit better in the morning I'll know I'm finally in full recovery mode.
Hopefully you are on your way to recovery.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
I'm going to assume the blood tests aren't a pregnancy test....N? I hope all goes well. For you to mention it seems to indicate apprehension.

Sorry you gals are tearing hammy's, they hurt! I watched a cool vid on youtube how they released a sac nerve from the bum muscles....it was entrapped.

For guys, we seem to spend the first half of life "getting in shape" then the spend our later years just trying to keep the joints loose and to avoid pain! LOL

We found a home for the 14" bed that became a casualty of Kerry's haste to install that 12" Murphy bed. The girl across the street will get it in the morning. Kerry wrapped the mattress so it looked new and it comes with the box spring, frame and headboard. We checked with the whole family and no one needed it. I suppose taking a used bed from someone could be embarrassing but it's nearly new and of decent quality and face it, we all do the same thing in life, we buy a bed for ourselves last don't we? Yup, sad fact of life...unless we're dating, it's just not that important to have a nice bed, or maybe that was just me. I have to leave room for that possibility, my bedroom has always been the most important room in the house to me. One of the first things I helped Kerry get once we "knew" we were serious was a decent bed. Hers had the Grand Canyon on one side and a rut in the other!!! It was just sad.....a hand-me-down, hand-me-down. LOL

Shoulder is still benefiting from the huge vibrating machine....although I did hurt myself a little in one spot....didn't realize it was on a bone....ouch! I was able to hold my wife last night, for the first time in weeks. We aren't doing pushups and pullups and the US men's gymnastics team has nothing to fear from me(though I don't fall from bars) but I'll take the progress!

Ray's wound sounds gooey and yucky.......JFC man, take care of yourself better!! LOL We're all just glad that infection didn't get out of control.

Good to see you Lyn....was wondering what was up with you.
I was probably a little over cautious. But being my only foot, it was the right thing to do.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I have always had trouble in car seats. My Expedition seats are admired by everyone except me. They curve...i keep my shoulders straight. A couple of the cars Kerry test drove had massaging seats but they were like the CVS massaging chair cover.... cheesy and ineffective.

A butt pillow....knew a kid who's uncle carried one...with a big hole in it. I was 13 or so and it made me uncomfortable....LOL

For sciatica though they might be the cats meow!
I think I bought it on Amazon - a wedge-shaped pillow that fits perfectly on the seat of my p/u and fills the sinking space you butt falls into.